Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Price For Aux Belt

HeadShoT2009

Now I've got my car up and running now took it out for a quick run down the road and there is a squele, now I'm assuming this will be the AUX belt and/or tensioner, now what is the average price to have one fitted, also may consider cambelt as well as the car will be 11 years old this august, depending on what the average sort of price is, there a small garage down the road so might se what he quotes, but just wondered what the average price is. cheers

I'm on my phone here and it doesn't display much details, is it 1.6 Zetec se?

There is no tensioner, it's set by bolting the alternator into place and it uses a stretch belt. You will probably find no where other than ford can get you the belt either. Cost me about 40 quid when I done mine.

#yes it is a 1.6 Zetec SE, do you think it's worth doing the cambelt as I have the service book for the car and it hasn't had it done. It is 11 years old this august and has 73 somthing thousand on the clock, do you have any idea wot a local garage would charge roughly as I only have a small jack which I wouldnt trust holding the engine while wriggling around trying to get the belt of

Yes mate it's definetly worth spending a few quid on, the cost to repair the damage caused by it snapping will be ridiculous.

The 1.6 Zetec engine isn't a difficult one to do and the access isn't to bad. You will need a locking kit and a few tools though. You will be looking at about 2-300 quid at an independent garage.

Think after spending the cash on a locking kit I might aswell have it done, will they charge the same for the aux belt, or is that really simple,

The locking kit is only about 10-20 quid. It's basically a bar and a threaded pin.

It depends how mechanically minded and confident you are as well, not much room for error really.

The aux belt needs to be removed to access the timing belt so you will only be whatever the belt costs extra, there shouldn't be any extra labour - if there is, question it

Ford timing belts should be changed at 100,000 miles or 10 years. I had mine done 2 years ago on a 2ltr petrol Mondeo, independent garage £210.

ide ignore the 100k or 10 years lease companies do them 6 yrs and 60k miles to be safe as the tensioners can go at any time and the tensioner is not gauranteed for 100k or 10yrs.

at ford i paid about 220 but remember with this engine there are bolts that should be replaced and a kit should be fitted with timing belt and tensioner as well as a new tensioner bolt and cam bolt the price above was for all that plus labour and the aux belt

I would agree, always change them early; it looks like yours is well overdue.

what 220 at a main ford dealer,cambelt, tensioners etc and aux belt, I always heard ford them self were outragous prices

just rang 2 ford garages and both are saying about 350 for the cambelt, about 150 for aux belt and 54 for mot

150 for the aux belt?? Where the...do they get that price from!

well my local macklin ford done the whole lot for 220 so i clearly cant grumble

the prices are for labor aswell

if done at the same time as the timing belt there should be no extra labour for the aux belt

Do you think the high price compered to artscot is due to the area i live

Do you think the high price compered to artscot is due to the area i live

it could be, what area are you in? it could be that the dealer where artscot had his done was just trying to keep business and cover the bills - recession and all that

I live in the cambrigeshire region, so my local ford is in cambridge itself

Rang an indepent garage and they will do the cambelt and kit, aux belt and related bits and mot for £230 including vat and labor, how do ford come up with there figures

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club