Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Odd Issues

ChrisH

I retrofitted the oval 6000cd to my focus a while ago, and until today all been fine. This morning, it started to mute with the display showing PHONE, and refuses to do anything whilst like this. It wont even turn off... It eventually reverts back, but does this randomly. AFAIK this unit does not have bluetooth, and bluetooth on my mobile is off, only 3G on. Got back home, and tried it witj engine off and now seems fine. Started car up, and again now all fine.... Anyone any ideas as to what it may be?

Sounds like a dodgy connection, try removing the radio and cleaning up all the plugs and sockets connected to it, failing that it could be a dry joint on the PCB inside the radio.

+1

You sometimes find also that the rubber contact pads behind the buttons can become. Sticky.

On your radio the phone button is purely to mute the radio / cd etc. while using a non car mounted bluetooth and such.

Thanks... Dry joint sounds feadable. It all seems fine now. Just wondered why a non-bluetooth unit would do this... To be honest radio reception on this and the older unit is a bit crap. Are there any bettet units out there.that dont cost the earth? I thought the facelifted unit would have been better than prefacelift, is it just a feature of these units with crappy reception

The latest Sony fitted to the higher spec cars is a better radio; also replacing the Speakers with better ones would improve the audio.

What Speakers would fit ,do you have to buy adapters for them ?

Talk to your local ICE (In Car Entertainment) shop or check on the net for recommendations. You must get Speakers that will physically fit in the doors unless you intend to mount them in the parcel shelf at the rear, you shouldn’t need to change the connector as they are usually standard on Speakers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club