Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio Showing Station Moved

tyler s

went out in car this morning switched on radio to find it saying station moved,but still hear the station playing,only on 2 presets[capital and heart].The car is a 2010 focus,any ideas thanks

Disconnect the power at the battery and reset the radio.

Make sure you have the security code first.

Before you disconnect the battery as sugested, try a retune / search to set up the stations again.

Reset the station,all seems to be ok will check in morning.

I have just reset all the stations on my neighbour’s portable DAB radio as they all were now locked on to R2. Modern electronic devices now contain computer chips, and you know how often PCs play up and need a reboot.

went out in car this morning switched on radio to find it saying station moved,but still hear the station playing,only on 2 presets[capital and heart].The car is a 2010 focus,any ideas thanks

Mine done exactly the same ?

checked this morning all presets still there,once u start moving u lose reception which has never happend before.Put the radio on scan and some of the stations coming up moved,go back to presets all ok ,start driving then geting poor recepion again.Any more ideas

checked this morning all presets still there,once u start moving u lose reception which has never happend before.Put the radio on scan and some of the stations coming up moved,go back to presets all ok ,start driving then geting poor recepion again.Any more ideas

Turn back to FM I have can't be arsed !

Check the car DAB aerial connections.

re-tuned them all again, still not having it

Mines doing it on the national stations like Capital, XFM etc. I have also noticed the DAB radio in the house playing up too so maybe some frequencies have changed or something?

A lot of the problem with DAB is that it's already an obsolete system.

Also i believe that the standard DAB aerials in cars are not up to the job.

DAB is very sensitive to aerial directionality, and if the signal falls below a certain strengh just drops off unlike standard FM radio (which just gets crackly with bad signals)

Read these articles for a full rundown.

http://en.wikipedia....io_Broadcasting

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/dab.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dab-digital-radio-fm-radio/247842-thinking-buying-dab-radio-but-worried-about-reception.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club