Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres For 17" (Street Pack) Alloys?

Fez123

Front 2 Bridgestone Potenzas are nearing the end - after just 10,000 miles! :(

Has anybody tried a different brand on Street Pack alloys?

Considering these (prices - blackcircles.com):

• Avon ZZ3 £73
  • Bridgestone Potenza RE 050a* £121 (*Current tyre)
  • Continental SportContact 3 £112
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 3 £125
  • Pirelli P Zero Nero £97

I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Cost about 90 per corner. Great dry grip. Good wet grip. And one sexy tread pattern (google it)

• Like 1

I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Cost about 90 per corner. Great dry grip. Good wet grip. And one sexy tread pattern (google it)

Dont they wear a bit quick, I thought they where track day type tyre, but please correct me if im wrong, but as you say lovely tread pattern

I am currently looking for some good tyres in the next few months as well. i currently have original Hankook but find them noisy on rough surface roads. Hankook have very good reviews as these came with the car brand new.

I've narrowed down my list to

Avon ZV5

Toyo Proxes 4

Toyo Proxes T1-R

blackcirlces.com seem to offer some good deal with fitting.

Hopefully this will help Fez as well with decisions.

Not so sure about the Yokohamas wearing quick. I got 10k country road miles out of the fronts and the rears are now on 20k with plenty of tread left

Hi I have just bought a set of 17" street pack alloys and have fitted Kumho KU39s these had a good write up on one of the tyre survey web sites, cost £62.50 each fitted and balanced at a local tyre outlet. :)

I have UniRoyal Rainsport2's....

I had Yoko Parada spec 2 as well, the best tyre i ever had! now i have budget tyre :) but £200 fitted...

79649-84549-full--2427.jpg

I can't recommend these enough. I had them on my BMW 335i and they were brilliant

And when my wifes tyres need changing on her Fiesta, I will be getting these.

http://www.camskill....0R17_93Y_XL_TL_

nice one, will be good on wet road, but go with the 205/40

Falken 912's or 452's. Both excellent choices and cheaper than all of the ones you mentioned.

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking for new tyres. Not sure what to fit yet. I'm considering Yokahama Parada Spec 2's which are £70 from Here. However, on my old Vectra I had Nankang NS2's which are £40 from Here. I found these to be very good, excellent wet and dry grip and long life.

Was told by a mechanic mate that premium tyres aren't worth the money so when for some Hankook Ventus Evos (£75 each). They seem slightly softer than the Bridgestones - or maybe its because I've now got some tread! ;)

20120422_103414.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have Michelin Pilot Sport 3, but on my car are 15'', They very good, good traction in curves. it sticks to the road like a magnet. I'm looking at next tires that will be Hankook, nice value.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club