Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Vibrations !

russellf

Hi, I changed my Fiesta in Nov 11 and noticed a very slight vibration in the steering wheel, pedals, brake and gearstick. When the car had its 3 month check, I told the dealer but they said it was normal! As I had just changed the car from a similar model, I knew this was the case.

The vibration has now got worse. it can't be the tyres as it is stll there when the car is still.

I have been in a lot of traffic jams lately, and after a 40 minutes slow trip to work, my arms feel that I have drilled about 100 holes with my electric drill !!!!!

The car is going back to the dealer tomorrow, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas??

Could be engine/gearbox mount broken

Been to the dealer today....Can't find any fault !! They concentrated on the vibrations in the steering wheel. They have checked it out with two other cars and mine is better than one and similar to another. They don't know what causes it, and are sending a report to Fords, for an answer and possible fix ! Takes a few days......!

I notice that the 1.4 engine sends quite a few vibrations through the floor of the vehicle in my car and a tiny bit through the steering wheel when idle.

i notice you have a titanium - have you checked for buckled wheels?

Check your tyres extra carefully for bulges.

The OP quoted

it can't be the tyres as it is stll there when the car is still.

So I guessing its engine related. My Wifes 1.4 TDCi used to vibrate a bit at idle. I thought it was normal.

Thanks for all your comments.

I have had wheels and tyres checked, and they are ok.

The vibrations are always there....from idle to 70 !

It is a 1.4 Petrol Titanium, only 3 months old !

I never had any problem with my first 59 plate.....should of kept that one.

The dealer has rung me today and is waiting for a response from a 'Ford Global response ' !!!

Will let you know.

The newer titaniums don't suffer the 'buckled' wheel issue the older ones do... well obviously they can do but not as easily! Been out in my car again today and appears to be almost nothing in the steering wheel, just sometimes I can feel a bit of vibration through the floor when the car is idling presumably because it's so near to the engine! Tis barely anything though. Hope they get it sorted for you :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club