Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retune Sony Dab Radio

Mark Betty

I have a DAB radio in my new Ford Fiesta Titanium. However some stations say I need to re-tune as the station has moved. How do I do that? The fiesta manual, that came with the car, has very few details about the DAB radio part of audio

Usually the radio is covered in a different manual. It is with the focus anyway.

Retuning DAB is the same as tuning FM with the same buttons with the exception in each press of the button it displays Seek Sation until it finds one (as opposed to FM which shows the next frequency).

To store a station press and hold a numbered button.

Bear in mind this is how the sony radio in a mk 2.5 focus works. Im dont think there would be much difference

Thanks Chris. Is there no way to do a autotune like I can with my house DAB radio?

• 5 months later...

Hi Mark,

Have you got anywhere with the DAB radio in your Fiesta ?

Struggling to get to grips with it to be honest.

Can only see 4 frequency options on display, FM FM-AST AM and AM-AST. No sign of DAB-1 or DAB-2.

I notice on the FM tunings, TEXT appears occasionally on the display which tells me the DJ and sometimes the nameof the track and artist if pressed.

Jim

Hi Mark,

Have you got anywhere with the DAB radio in your Fiesta ?

Struggling to get to grips with it to be honest.

Can only see 4 frequency options on display, FM FM-AST AM and AM-AST. No sign of DAB-1 or DAB-2.

I notice on the FM tunings, TEXT appears occasionally on the display which tells me the DJ and sometimes the nameof the track and artist if pressed.

Jim

I think you have the standard Sony (non DAB) radio in your car so if you have been misinformed that it is DAB you need to go back to the seller ;)

Hi,

ok, thanks guys, yes, you are right, it is the standard one.

Annoying as the Hypermarket web page selling the car said that it was sold with a DAB module, but it isnt there.

Moaned at the car sales manager that this shouldnt have been on the webapge, he then rattled off that when you purchase the car having sat in the car and not bought it over the phone, you are effectively 'sold as seen'.

Not too happy about that, but there you go. Its a buyer beware point. They can put whatever they like on the sale description, its up to the buyer to check its there.

Lesson learnt.

Jim

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club