Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 2 Hellp

leo2

hi i hope some one can help i have just brought a fusion and need some help

i do not have a owners manual yet and having problems with the power steering it works when driving the car but when it comes to parking

i have no power steering unless i put my foot on the gas then it works but not good for getting into tights spaces

also the front wipers do not work probably if i have it on the slow setting it stops at the top off the window for about 40 sec and then gos back down

could this be a relay or is the motor on its way out

i have try ed to have a look at the motor but there is a black plate bolted to the shock mounts

so put it back together

lastly can some one tell me how to change the time as its way out

thanks Leo

with the power steering first thing to check is the level of the fluid and belt tightness also check for any sign of leaks, the wipers does sound like a faulty relay but its hard to say without inspection.

with the power steering first thing to check is the level of the fluid and belt tightness also check for any sign of leaks, the wipers does sound like a faulty relay but its hard to say without inspection.

hi mintalkin

the powere fluid was low so i have toped this up when i got the car there are no leaks what i can see

and the belt is tight and is spining the power steering pump when idle could there be a air lock

where would i find the relay for the front wipers

thanks leo

The relay in the wiper circuit is for the intermittent wipe function and is an integral part of the GEM.

If the wipers work on high speed and intermittent and they also park when switched off, replace the switch.

Motor problems are more typically parking (home position) problems.

Good luck. oh and the button next to the trip mileage reset button should put the clock into adjust mode.

hi i figured out the clock

when you say switch do you mean the wiper stalk switch

update i got a second hand stalk from a ford spears which i can not fit because of some funny shaped screws grrrrr

and have the car booked in for a full service on Friday and they are going to replace the power steering fluid at extra cost

OK i have just replaced the wiper stalk and this as not fixed the problem

whats next to try relay or motor

i too have a problem with my 2008 ford fusion steering, like yours it is fine when driving but not good when doing manoeuvres, also slight straining noise on full lock. took back to the guys i got it from and they said its because its an assisted manual power steering set up which relies on the engine rather than an electric pump set up which does not, this makes sense as when revs are high steering is easy. I would be interested if changing your fluid helps as this would mean they where spinning me a line and it is a fault

In relation to the problem with the wipers on slow speed I have not had this problem with my Fusion but a previous car did.Did you try the wipers with the blades lifted off the windscreen?.My problem with my previous car was the 3 finger contacts in the wiper rotor assembly,the grease the manufacturers applied had dried out and when the wipers came under pressure ie at mid way on the sweep the pins could not ride over the small build up of hard grease and stopped (when on fast speed the momentum was able to carry them over) I removed the wiper assembly and rotated it by connecting it to a 12V battery and used a small piece of plastic and a cloth soaked in methylated spirit to clean the tracks and then coated the track with electrical contact grease and it lasted for years before I sold the car on.I know it is a long shot but possibly worth a try. good luck Regards NTecH

i too have a problem with my 2008 ford fusion steering, like yours it is fine when driving but not good when doing manoeuvres, also slight straining noise on full lock. took back to the guys i got it from and they said its because its an assisted manual power steering set up which relies on the engine rather than an electric pump set up which does not, this makes sense as when revs are high steering is easy. I would be interested if changing your fluid helps as this would mean they where spinning me a line and it is a fault

i had the power steering fluid changed and the garage also put something Else in to help with it but it made no differences

the garage spoke to the ford tec who said there is a idle Valve or something in the pump its self and that i would need a new pump

so I'm wondering if the fiesta pump is the same as they are about £30 to 40 on eBay

thanks Leo, if you do change your pump and it fixes the problem, let me know and i will chase my garage

In relation to the problem with the wipers on slow speed I have not had this problem with my Fusion but a previous car did.Did you try the wipers with the blades lifted off the windscreen?.My problem with my previous car was the 3 finger contacts in the wiper rotor assembly,the grease the manufacturers applied had dried out and when the wipers came under pressure ie at mid way on the sweep the pins could not ride over the small build up of hard grease and stopped (when on fast speed the momentum was able to carry them over) I removed the wiper assembly and rotated it by connecting it to a 12V battery and used a small piece of plastic and a cloth soaked in methylated spirit to clean the tracks and then coated the track with electrical contact grease and it lasted for years before I sold the car on.I know it is a long shot but possibly worth a try. good luck Regards NTecH

thanks i will have a go at this weekend if its not rain ing

the wiper motor is bolted to the front shook if i unbolt this will the front shook drop to the ground or will it be OK

• 4 years later...

so I've had another look at the wiper motor to day removed it from the car and cleaned and re greased still not working on the intermittent setting the wipers reach the top of the windshield and stop for about 45 seconds before returning to parked. the wiper`s work on all other setting other than if I pull the stalk down it dose not do a full sweep if I release the switch to early.
I have done the GEM test and input and output are fine when I got to the end of the GEM test that is the intermittent wiper test the wiper`s worked as they should on intermittent setting
so I have no idea what is wrong
is there a way to reprogram the gem or something
as have found if I set the intermittent then flick the wiper stalk up and down a few times between intermittent and 1st it seems to only pause at the top of the wind shield  for about 5sec
any one got any ideas

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club