Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Fiesta Titanium, What Have Ford Done?!!?

Concabuu

Firstly hello to you all and intorducing myself to everyone!

So ive took delivery of my 12 plate fiesta titanium on the 1st of march, I had replaced it from a 2010 fiesta titanium.

Externally it looks better but i noticed one horrible thing, the voice activation has gone from a human voice (2010 fiesta titanium had human voice) to an awful robot voice! is there anyway to get this changed?

Also Its a Diesel, like my previous, however the TDCI badge is no longer on it and on ford etis it comes up as a TC DI engine rather than TDCI. Is this a new diesel engine?

Also Its a Diesel, like my previous, however the TDCI badge is no longer on it and on ford etis it comes up as a TC DI engine rather than TDCI. Is this a new diesel engine?

You're correct in that Ford no longer display badges on the rear of the car except the Fiesta one.

You haven't said if it's the 1.4 or 1.6 TDCi you've bought. If it was the 1.6 depending on how early you bought your 2010 Titanium it may have had the old 90PS engine, this one will be the 95 with DPF. Also assuming this is the 1.6 it'll be the eco version.

I don't know about the voice but I believe that all 1.6 TDCI Fiestas are now the Eco version. I have a 2011 95PS 1.6TDCI non-Eco version and it is badged as a TDCI.

Apart from the Zetec S yes I think they're all eco 8v models.

I want to hear these different voices

You're correct in that Ford no longer display badges on the rear of the car except the Fiesta one.

You haven't said if it's the 1.4 or 1.6 TDCi you've bought. If it was the 1.6 depending on how early you bought your 2010 Titanium it may have had the old 90PS engine, this one will be the 95 with DPF. Also assuming this is the 1.6 it'll be the eco version.

It 1.4 TC DI 70PS (My old titanium was 1.4 TDCi 68PS) its noticeably quieter inside the car (only time noise was even moderately lower in old car was when driving on new asphalt-like roads) and cant hear the road like the old car no matter what surface ive driven on yet.

As i say, my only gripe is the voice. My old car had the british "BT phone woman" voice which made it the premium car, I thought anyways...I just dont like this robotic voice that sounds like its talking through water...I hope there's a firmware upgrade that will allow to put it back to the human voice..

I didn't even know they had voices at all :(

You should put a voice clip up of this new robotic voice, i want to hear how it differs from the old one :P

It differs a lot! And faults half the time ie hangs or completely different command executes from the one you speak, eg saying; "external device">"usb">"folder" then the dippy cow activates phone!!!

Anyone able to tell me is there anyway to use the usb to install old voice?

Not possible to install old voice, advised a guy on another forum to do the update to no avail.

Guess Ford's license ran out.

So it is possible to use the USB port for updating software/firmware?...be interesting if its possible even if at the moment it does not seem possible to change the software/firmware controlling the voice

I've had a new fiesta Zetec and also have the retarded voice.

I'm going to complain to ford about this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club