Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction And Yellow Traction Controle Light

AndyHerrington

Hi All,

I am new to the Ford Owners Club and wanting some advice,

I have a 58 plate 2.0tdci Zetec SMax, I got in it today to do the school run and as I set off an Engine Malfunction warning came on the Dashboard screen along with the amber traction controle symbol on the dash and the traction controle off light above the stereo, I had no loss of power as I was climbing a steady incline but pulled over asap and turned off the ignition, Went to start the car 30 seconds after and the fault had gone,

Could anyone shed any light on the problem?

Cheers

Andy

Just an update,

Found this code Dtc#01 C41668

Any Ideas?

No idea on the DTC code but could be an ABS sensor or toothed ring.

Do you have cruise control? If so, is it still operational?

No Cruise control, just a bog standard Zetec,

Going to ring Frauds up, sorry Ford, (slip of the tongue) to see if they can enlighten me,

Update

Rang local Ford dealer, Explained what had happened and the DTC code from system test, They said I would need to bring it down to dealership so they can plug it in, £75 to plug it in but they were unable to do it until next Wednesday, So I rang Ford's main customer service center who were unable to help but gave me Fords technical helpline which was a premium £1 per minute call center, explained to their technical support worker for 5 minutes and he explained the code that was flashing up on my Smax wasnt any of the codes they have, and was put on hold whilst he went to check another system, 10 mins later he returned with the following explaination

C41668 = U0416-68

U0416 = Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module U0416 = Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module

68 = DTC Failure Subtype definition for failure category “6”. 68 = DTC Failure Subtype definition for failure category "6". Event information — This subtype is used by the control module to indicate the detection of a system event that was not caused by the control module itself but forces the control module to store a DTC (eg missing functionality from another system/control module). Event information - This subtype is used by the control module to indicate the detection of a system event that was not caused by the control module itself but forces the control module to store a DTC (eg missing functionality from another system / control module).

unquote

I Asked what that meant in english and he said i could have a faulty sensor on my ABS,

Hallelujah!!!!!!!

I asked is this a common fault

Reply "It can Be"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club