Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ANNOYING TDCI JUDDER IN 4TH GEAR!! HELP

shanieboy

I have a 2003 focus tdci, Just recently the engine produces a Judder when excellerating from low ish revs in 4th Gear, Its infrequent but highly annoying when it does it!!! Ive found numerous topics on various forums with exactly the same problem 4th gear judder which is infrequent!!! Can anyone help?? A lot of the fix's ive read arent specific to the fact that it only happens when in 4th gear and the fact that its infrequent too and at low revs. HHHEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!

this is a lean burn problem and occures when the egr valve opens allowing gases into the system

One way to check if it's the EGR, unplug the vacuum hose, plug the hose, then drive it, but only to check if this cures the problem. i have known this problem be cured by using higher octain petrol (91 ron) which takes away the lean burn problem.

Its not a petrol its a diesel tho mate so im unsure if that is the problem???

It could be the EGR but you'd normally see excessive black smoke on acceleration. Putting higher octane petrol in it certainly wont cure the problem, well it might but it'll cause you a hell of a lot more different problems.

When I went for test drives, I test drove a diesel instead of the one I eventually got (was persuaded by the salesman I wouldn't get any benifit of a diesel, I wasn't complaining as it saved me £2k :lol: ) and was getting judder in 4th gear, basically he told me I was changing up too early and you need change gear later in a diesel, so pribably only why your judder occures in 4th gear at low revs.

When I went for test drives, I test drove a diesel instead of the one I eventually got (was persuaded by the salesman I wouldn't get any benifit of a diesel, I wasn't complaining as it saved me £2k :lol: ) and was getting judder in 4th gear, basically he told me I was changing up too early and you need change gear later in a diesel, so pribably only why your judder occures in 4th gear at low revs.

I wish it was that simple mate, Buts its definately more serious that!! Everything is point to a fuel starvation issue