Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci 2005 - Mpg

MIKE_UK_1983

I have recently purchased a 2005 1.4Tdci and I am finding the mpg I am getting is very poor compared to the ford guide.

I previously drove a 1.4 Petrol Zetec and was gettiong about 48 mpg on my journey to work which is mostly motorway and some a roads.

The new car is getting about 55mpg at best. I am not driving this car any differently, I do not accelerate hard and keep to 70 mph.

I wondered if anyone else had similar problems or knows why this is. Is there a reason why this is? Could there be a problem with my car?

Also while doing 70mpg on motorway there is some vibration/movement in steering wheel. Is this normal?

Thanks

Mike

do a full service including oil change, oil filter change, air filter change and spark plugs, fill up with bp ultimate for a couple of tanks with redex diesel injector cleaner and take it to the red line a couple of times a day for a week when at full temperature, check tyre pressures are 1-2 psi over stated. all of this will completely clean the engine out wich will make it run far more efficiantly.

also with the vibration , get your car lazer tracked and all 4 wheels balanced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club