Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Is anyone thinking about pre supplying a modified ELM? Or is it something a local computer whizz will sort out?

I'd like to say thanks to everyone involved with this application. I'm going to have a play with it. Found it while googling other stuff, can't wait to turn some extras on!

Can you modify a bluetooth elm like you can the USB one?

Can you modify a bluetooth elm like you can the USB one?

Yeah, I have modified Dealextreme's bluetooth ELM327 dongle and it's working flawlessly. Inside it's just like USB version but instead of USB chip it just does have bluetooth chip.

Great software. Thanks to the developers of this great software. You did a great job. With this software i'm able to enable features which te Ford dealer can't (or won't). This is really usefull for me.

@ civil-zz

Is there a possibility (maybe in future versions of the software) to program the transponder serial numbers into the instrument cluster. I would like to install a MK2.5 (2010) instrument cluster into my MK2 (2005). The MK2.5 instrument cluster is functioning in the MK2 but the car won't start because of the immobilizer. The local Ford dealer is not able to program the immobilizer because the MK2.5 instrument cluster isn't recognised as a correct MK2 module.

Other possibilities and suggestions are also welcome.

The local Ford dealer is not able to program the immobilizer because the MK2.5 instrument cluster isn't recognised as a correct MK2 module.

It can be done by Ford dealer, your local apparently don't want or don't know how to do it. A lot of Focus club members I know was doing this mod.

Is there a possibility (maybe in future versions of the software) to program the transponder serial numbers into the instrument cluster. I would like to install a MK2.5 (2010) instrument cluster into my MK2 (2005). The MK2.5 instrument cluster is functioning in the MK2 but the car won't start because of the immobilizer. The local Ford dealer is not able to program the immobilizer because the MK2.5 instrument cluster isn't recognised as a correct MK2 module.

No, I never will include this function in shared software. Immobilizer is your car theft protection. And if everybody have ability to add a new key in system, this barrier will not matter at all.

Ford dealer MUST be able to do it, it one of his function. And facelift/prefacelift clusters are totally compatible. If dealer won't replace it, you can do it by yourself:

- agree with dealer on key adding procedure only

- save your HEC config

- come to dealer and replace cluster near him (do not start the car until keys programming!)

- load your config in ELMConfig and change necessary parameters for level 2/3 cluster (don forget about clock!)

- write your new config into cluster

- program your keys

- if you want, you can write your old odometer value into new cluster ;)

No, I never will include this function in shared software. Immobilizer is your car theft protection. And if everybody have ability to add a new key in system, this barrier will not matter at all.

Ford dealer MUST be able to do it, it one of his function. And facelift/prefacelift clusters are totally compatible. If dealer won't replace it, you can do it by yourself:

- agree with dealer on key adding procedure only

- save your HEC config

- come to dealer and replace cluster (do not start the car until keys programming!)

- load your config in ELMConfig and change necessary parameters for level 2/3 cluster (don forget about clock!)

- write your new config into cluster

- program your keys

- if you want, you can write your old odometer value into new cluster ;)

Hi civill, is there possible to code injectors?

Hi civill, is there possible to code injectors?

No, I know nothing about it

civil-zz: I've readed the thread and was happy to find the thread and the forum. My question is about MS-CAN network.

Does anybody know if for example RCM (airbag) module could be connected on the table. I mean with that connecting ELM327 interface (CAN pins 6-14) to the RCM and applayin powersupply and ground.

Like on attached picture.

Tried with ELMconfig, and ELM-FF2 but it wasn't working.

What get on my mind is that mybe the resistance of CAN network is ok when connecting like that.

Anyone have idea how to connect thing(like RCM) on MS-CAN directly to ELM327?

br

post-31629-0-93121700-1336051156_thumb.j

Hi,

Just to let you know i am writing my own software... and will post updates as things progress...

I have already established communication to the car, and the software will automatically access your as-built data from Ford.

In due course i'll be looking for beta testers...

Hi Psyence.

sound's very interesting,

I would be up for beta testing the software,

On another note do you have any plans to include anything for forcing a Re-gen of the DPF. I don't know what module start this process.

This is a great thread! I thought adding things to my Focus was impossible as nobody seemed to know anything. I work for a Vauxhall dealer and ive retro fitted everything from Comfort closing/opening windows up to a factory nav unit and most things in between. So it looks like i will be having a look on our diagnostic/programming computer at work and if that's not wanting to play ball it looks like im learning russian

Its amazing what you can do when you have the right tools.....got cruise control activated yesterday via IDS by an independent garage on my 2007 S Max, along with a few little things like puddle and door warning lights, also got my retrofittted autolights and wipers activated ( looms were already there ). Also had all the module calibration files including PCM flashed to latest version. Five minute job and all the leather wheel with cruise buttons cost me was €80 from Poland...... :)

So thats both vehicles sorted with CC now........nice.

Great thread and thanks to those involved with the software. My real interest here is retro fitting cruise control to a focus st. Does anybody know what would be involved? I assume enabling the option via this software but what else is involved hardware wise?

thanks in advance

Great thread and thanks to those involved with the software. My real interest here is retro fitting cruise control to a focus st. Does anybody know what would be involved? I assume enabling the option via this software but what else is involved hardware wise?

thanks in advance

There is a thread about fitting CC in Guides section. You will find all the info there. If you are lucky CC is enabled in PCM (unfo you never know) and you will be able to make it work on your own using this software. In other case IDS will be required.

There is a thread about fitting CC in Guides section. You will find all the info there. If you are lucky CC is enabled in PCM (unfo you never know) and you will be able to make it work on your own using this software. In other case IDS will be required.

Thanks for that, overlooked the guide. Catching up now :)

ive enable the puddle lights ok.but cant get power fold to work any ideas ?

ive enable the puddle lights ok.but cant get power fold to work any ideas ?

You have powerfold mirrors installed?

You have powerfold mirrors installed?

i do.as far as i can see all the wireing is there .not sure if i should have a relay some where or fuse

I've readed the thread and was happy to find the thread and the forum. My question is about MS-CAN network.

Does anybody know if for example RCM (airbag) module could be connected on the table. I mean with that connecting ELM327 interface (CAN pins 6-14) to the RCM and applayin powersupply and ground.

Like on attached picture.

Tried with ELMconfig, and ELM-FF2 but it wasn't working.

What get on my mind is that mybe the resistance of CAN network is ok when connecting like that.

Anyone have idea how to connect thing(like RCM) on MS-CAN directly to ELM327?

br

You can read and write to the modules outside of the car. For this you also have to connect a 12v DC power source (or a car battery) to the 12v positive and negative leads of both the ELM327 and the module. Without a 12v power source it won't work. Currently i am using a AC-DC convertor intended for a 12v cooling box.

Last week i have connected my (spare) radio this way and it was possible to read/write to it with both ELMconfig and ELM-FF2. At this moment i have connected a MK2.5 instrument cluster and this is also working fine. This way i can modifie all settings before putting it into the car.

what is the idea of the puty bit .and do you realy have to put laptop into russian ?

I connect it all up done the soldering and I've got a problem it reads the voltage and I did on one occasion get up engine info which was to big to fit in the box but nothing else.

When I click read vin I get message

Incorrect response from ELM to request "09 02" CAN ERROR

I connect it all up done the soldering and I've got a problem it reads the voltage and I did on one occasion get up engine info which was to big to fit in the box but nothing else.

When I click read vin I get message

Incorrect response from ELM to request "09 02" CAN ERROR

Did you try the switch in both positions?

Yes, tried in both positions.

Could it be I've wired it up wrong?

Yes, tried in both positions.

Could it be I've wired it up wrong?

possibly take it back apart and double check the wiring , did you solder it yourself or someone do it for you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club