Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Just ordered my cable...

Hope you guys are ready to help!!

Just ordered my cable...

GC it's doddle m8 , buy some shrink wrap to cover the soldered joints , for 2.50 it's worth the peace of mind

Just ordered my cable...

sprint.gif

GC it's doddle m8 , buy some shrink wrap to cover the soldered joints , for 2.50 it's worth the peace of mind

Will do! I havent done much in terms of electrics.... does shrink wrap come in various sizes or one size fits all?

Will do! I havent done much in terms of electrics.... does shrink wrap come in various sizes or one size fits all?

comes in various size's and shrinks to approx half its size when heated , i use it on all my connections.

Hello there , im new here

i was reading this post from some time now , and decided to join.

Followed your tutorial Preee , made the cable mod , and my suprise was to see that

my car's OBD port is slightly different than the Focus one , well lets just say port 3 and 11

doesnt exist there. I folowed the source and went to the russian pages , since i understand russian,

and i saw users been using the same mod cable to their Fusions also.

Ahh the car is Fusion 01 Mk6

Okay i would like to ask a question , why would be everytime i try to use ELMFF2 the app shows me invalid port error.

Elm Config works fine , only that my car is an empty one (let me show you what i mean) check image.

asbuilt.jpg

Could be this lack of modules be the reason the app ELMFF2 not wanting to connect ?

If your having trouble with the ports , then , connect the cable , go to the control panel , hardware , right click and select properties and insert a different port number and keep trying until it connects.

With the supplied programs that come with the ELM have you tried any and managed to connect the ELM just reading the codes.

The ELM will set a default port when connected but you can force it to other ports , try keeping the port number low as possible

thanks for the fast response..

Let see all other apps conects to the vehicle without no problem , i can read trouble codes FF all of that.

For example : Scanmaster connects to COM5 9600 baud , ElmConfig also COM5 but usin 38400 buad , like it supose to be.

When i use the ElmFF2 first i have to program Elm interface through putty, right ?.

I input all the commands it shows >K , its wierd , but ElmConfig works , and in the first window it shows HS-CAN.

And ELMFF2 shows me : invalid port com ...

I will try changing the Com port to see if it will give some results.

If you see through my AS Built you can see there is nothing , so i guess even if i manage to connect with vehicle

there will be not much to adjust .

EDIT :

i forgot to add that i use the new drivers from civil-zz , wich i found here in this post , and using the EN version of ELMFF2 , i tried the RUS ver, also the same error.

If you can connect ELMconfig why are you wanting to connect ELMFF2?

ELMconfig does much more than ELMFF2 , there is not much documentation on ELMFF2 as the coder stopped updating it.

If you can connect ELMconfig why are you wanting to connect ELMFF2?

ELMconfig does much more than ELMFF2 , there is not much documentation on ELMFF2 as the coder stopped updating it.

Oh i didnt know thanks for the tip!

Another question : why we do solder the 3 , 11 ports , since they are not used in OBD , Ford Focus use them ?

Because we need to switch the signal over to MS-CAN part of the diagnostics port so we can read the GEM module

I understand , There are different modules on those channels (something like that)

Thanks Preee , your tut helped me a lot.

HEre is my final result , pretty ugly but functional , i guess.

120812203623.jpg

And here is how looks the Fusion 01 MK6 OBDII port.

120812194947.jpg

As long as it works it does not matter what it looks like :-)

Got it all working thanks to you guys. Cheers!

Just saw Fusion 2011 made , this cable can be used also 3 and 11 are also used on the OBD port of the car!

Today I tried my new cable with ELM327 version 1.5.

Unfortunately I didn't manage the communication with HEC module. Usually, I receive this kind of errors when a module is missing, but my HEC is ok. Can you give me some ideas?

Today I tried my new cable with ELM327 version 1.5.

Unfortunately I didn't manage the communication with HEC module. Usually, I receive this kind of errors when a module is missing, but my HEC is ok. Can you give me some ideas?

What port did you connect to ? , HS-CAN mode is the default connection , and should connect , has your cable been modified for MS_CAN mode?

Hello Preee

Congratulations for your work on this forum.

I speak Spanish, sorry for my bad English.

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta Sigma engined 1.6-liter I-4 Ti-VCT - 4 doors but came with NO Cruise Control.

Only titanium 5-door model comes with CC.

I want to activate the cruise control using the ELMconfig.

I have already installed the original steering wheel and all the voltages are present on the buttons and LEDs on the CC control switches.

I have Already constructed ELM327 ver 1.4 modified to use the pins 3 DCL+ and 11 DCL- instead of 6 CANH and 14 CANL following the instructions in the forum . (very clear tks)

But not yet had the courage to connect it to my car.

I am an electronic engineer and work a lot with firmware updates and I know it can be very easily to damage the ECU.

All I need is some advice from your to not damage my ECU considering that ELMconfig was designed for another model of Ford, not for the Fiesta.

Do you know if someone has used the ELMconfig on the Fiesta 2011 Made in Mexico as those sold in the Americas (North and South America?

What do you think? may be work ?

Work only for read the AS-built?

If I only change the CC option and write de AS-Buit and do not work some other feature, it is reversible any damage?

Thank you very much for the help and suggestions you can give me before I connect my ELM327 to my ECU..

What port did you connect to ? , HS-CAN mode is the default connection , and should connect , has your cable been modified for MS_CAN mode?

Of course, I allready make the change of the pins in the cable.

With some other modules, I can comunicate, with GEM for example.

Also I'm sure that the HEC module is working because I have all usually informations on it.

Hi Eduardo

I'm sorry but this cable and program will not work with the Fiesta.

To activate CC on your Fiesta you will need Ford IDS as the Fiesta setup is completely different to the Focus , Kuga and C-Max.

There area a couple of people on this forum that have completed CC to the Fiesta , speak to iNath he will guide you on what is involved, but you do need Ford IDS.

Do not attempt to use the ELM327 and ELMConfig on your Fiesta.

Regards

Paul

Of course, I allready make the change of the pins in the cable.

With some other modules, I can comunicate, with GEM for example.

Also I'm sure that the HEC module is working because I have all usually informations on it.

Hi Stefanovidiu

First thing i would do is , Double check each wire on your modification , because if you can not communicate with the HEC and your getting a CAN ERROR when trying to connect , then there is a wiring fault.

If your switch is set to HS_CAN mode then you should also be able to connect with the basic example programs that come with the ELM cable as this would be the default setting for the ELM.

Hi Stefanovidiu

First thing i would do is , Double check each wire on your modification , because if you can not communicate with the HEC and your getting a CAN ERROR when trying to connect , then there is a wiring fault.

If your switch is set to HS_CAN mode then you should also be able to connect with the basic example programs that come with the ELM cable as this would be the default setting for the ELM.

Hi Stefanovidiu

Hi Paul and thank you,

I'm not interested to use ELM327 for HS_CAN, because my "FORMIDABLE"interface is better. I make the cable without the switch, resoldering wires from pin6 to pin3 and from pin14 to pin11. I want to use this cable just with "Elm config" on LS_CAN

"Elm config" it works with other modules, for example I can read the VIN of my car, I can comunicate with door modules, but not with HEC, as you can see from the screen capture.

Ovidiu

post-36087-0-31427100-1345384931_thumb.p

Hi Paul and thank you,

I'm not interested to use ELM327 for HS_CAN, because my "FORMIDABLE"interface is better. I make the cable without the switch, resoldering wires from pin6 to pin3 and from pin14 to pin11. I want to use this cable just with "Elm config" on LS_CAN

"Elm config" it works with other modules, for example I can read the VIN of my car, I can comunicate with door modules, but not with HEC, as you can see from the screen capture.

Ovidiu

Hi stefanovidiu

By just moving the wires to HS_CAN you have removed the ability for the ELM to read the MS-CAN side , thats the reason for the switch so you can switch between Cans , without the switch you will not be able to enter the HEC MS_CAN Module. Thats why your getting the can error.

You need to buy a switch and solder it in and you can switch between Modules

Paul

Hi Eduardo

I'm sorry but this cable and program will not work with the Fiesta.

To activate CC on your Fiesta you will need Ford IDS as the Fiesta setup is completely different to the Focus , Kuga and C-Max.

There area a couple of people on this forum that have completed CC to the Fiesta , speak to iNath he will guide you on what is involved, but you do need Ford IDS.

Do not attempt to use the ELM327 and ELMConfig on your Fiesta.

Regards

Paul

Thank you very much for your advice Preee (Paul).

I understand that I will not be able to use my EML327 Modification on my Fiesta 2011, I will not put at risk my ECU.

I will try to contact INath, to activate the cruise control using the Ford IDS software from my dealer.

I want to share my modification to the bluetooth ELM327 with the forum, it may help someone.

First I made a circuit with two transistors to adapt the pins 17 and 18 of the ELM327 to RS232 TX and RX.

I use a Cisco console cable ( RJ45 to DB9). and a standard RS232 DB9 to USB adapter.

Then I also made the modification on the OBD2 pins 6 & 14 to use the standard CAN ELM or Ford DCL 6 & 11 Pins.

I used a DIP 8 switches to select various combinations.

You can see the picture and the diagram .

I hope the idea will serve somebody.

Link to Visio Diagram

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45068600/Modificacion%20ELM327%20para%20FORD%20DCL%20RS232%20Circuito.vsd

Thanks for what you do in the forum Paul.

Eduardo V. de Miguel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club