Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hi.

I'm a newbie Kuga owner.

Thanks to this guide I can now activate all the features on my Kuga that Ford wanted both my gonads as payment to activate.

Last thing I want to do is add another key fob to the system.

I have keyless entry and I can't see any options in the elm327 software to add fobs.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

FuF.

There is no option for this , i think as long as you have 2 keys you can program a new one to your car , guide should be in the owners manual.

If you don't have 2 keys then a its gets costly.

eBay mini-VCM looks good.

Can get them for £58 from USA listings and it looks like it's OK to get the encryption key from patscode.com if you own the vehicle.

Well worth it to avoid contact with Ford dealer imho.

Sick of Ford's ripoff and lie to the customer attitude (as you may have guessed from my username).

Thanks for the info.

FuF.

OK here are parts required for airbag deactivation:

Hope this helps??

Nitemare ;)

Cool. I already have the modified ELM327 so I guess I will only need the airbag switch to put in glovebox and the fascia airbag deactivation warning. Do you know where I can find it? The passenger airbag switch is the same from the Galaxy?

I will have to search for the plug... I hope my car has harness for that...

Ok so ... there it goes.

Ordered on Amazon an ELM interface. Came in in a week or so. Did the cabling/soldering myself. All seems fine.

Now, there comes the fun part:

- Putty connects to it on COM3 but I can't type anything and doesn't seem to take any commands.

- In FF2 software it won't read configuration.

- In ELM config it said "correct response from ELM timed. Received response to request "AT WS": '''' "

Any idea what could be wrong?

Now another question. I've seen in your pics, allot of you have ELM 327 rev.1.5a. I've received 1.4b. No idea that there were more revisions and that I needed 1.5a if this is my problem.

Thanks!

I had the same problem when I tried to establish connection and had the drivers door opened...

You connect the ELM to the OBD plug.

Open the software choosing the port and the connection speed (38400 in my bluetoothELM)

If it doens't work try the same thing but changing the switch postion to the other side.

I already have the modified ELM327 so I guess I will only need the airbag switch to put in glovebox and the fascia airbag deactivation warning. Do you know where I can find it? The passenger airbag switch is the same from the Galaxy?

I got my fascia switch from another Ford Owner who sourced it from his local Ford dealership. Yes the glovebox switch is the same as advertised for the Galaxy.

Nitemare :)

If mscomm32.ocx error is shown dll files need to be downloaded:

http://civil.iffc.ru...fig/DllPack.zip

Hello, i can't download it.. can anyone post it with a different source ? Thanks

Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtyn7jm0qr8qels

Is it possible to programme a key fob to lock and unlock the doors with keyless entry cars?

Or does that require a VCM module as well?

Thanks.

FuF.

So just to clarify, I need a DPDT switch, and not a DPST, right?

That's correct

That's correct

Thanks.

At first, I was wondering if I needed one with a third state (the involved wires completely disconnected) as well,

or if it was enough with just two states, but found out the former of the two was what I needed by reading this thread a bit more thoroughly.

My switch does have off position , not that it makes any difference

Ah. Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Either way, me ELM is now soldered and sorted. :-)

I'll install Windows on a partition on my Mac tonight, and try it out on my Mondeo tomorrow.

As it's a Mk4, introduced around the same time as the Focus Mk2.5, my gut feeling says there's a good chance I'm in for much of the same fun you lot have got with the software.

Probably won't work on mondeo,mondeo uses central car configuration system, like newest current focus.

Mk2 and mk2.5 focus doesn't use central car configuration.

Central car configuration is different... It involves IDS uploading a boot loader to the car before being able to make configuration changes.

Yesterday i discovered that there has been released a new version of ELMconfig. The newest version is ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b.

This version has the ability to update the firmware of the instrument cluster to the newest firmware (0509). The firmware update is only suitable for the Focus MK2.5 instrument cluster (and the C-max and Kuga clusters with the same design) . This update contains some new options like the Ford ECO mode which was missing in previous firmware versions.

Today i have tried this new function on a spare instrument cluster which is (on the kitchen table) connected to a modified ELM327 and a 12 volt power source. The first time i tried the update it wasn't working correctly. The progam came with a fault code and exited the procedure. I discovered the solution for this was to disconnect the internet connection. After i had done this the procedure worked correctly. It took 25 minutes to update the firmware

Yesterday i discovered that there has been released a new version of ELMconfig. The newest version is ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b.

This version has the ability to update the firmware of the instrument cluster to the newest firmware (0509). The firmware update is only suitable for the Focus MK2.5 instrument cluster (and the C-max and Kuga clusters with the same design) . This update contains some new options like the Ford ECO mode which was missing in previous firmware versions.

Today i have tried this new function on a spare instrument cluster which is (on the kitchen table) connected to a modified ELM327 and a 12 volt power source. The first time i tried the update it wasn't working correctly. The progam came with a fault code and exited the procedure. I discovered the solution for this was to disconnect the internet connection. After i had done this the procedure worked correctly. It took 25 minutes to update the firmware

where can the new ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b. be got from ? also how do you connect to a instrument cluster on the table

Does anybody knows how the eco shift up indicator works? I belive it works only on econetic cars. Mine blinks only at the 6500rpm. I don't realy belive that ford intended that by providing the HEC module with ecomode ;)

where can the new ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b. be got from ? also how do you connect to a instrument cluster on the table

You can download new version of ELMconfig from HERE.

For connecting a instrument cluster on the kitchen table like i do you have to connect the 12 volt positive and negative wires from a 12 volt DC source to the correct pins of both the ELM327 and the instrument cluster. You must also connect the HS-CAN wires between the ELM327 and the correct pins of the instrument cluster. I have made a set of adapter cables from scrap car connectors. With thes cables i can connect several modules (instrument cluster, radio, etcetera).

For connecting the instrument cluster you have to connect the following pins.

Pin 4 = 12 volt positive

Pin 6 = 12 volt negative

Pin 17 = HS-CAN negative

Pin 18 = HS-CAN positive

Does PATS need to resetting ? as i know, the PATS also on cluster.....if you update the rom then the PATS setting will disapear or erasing....? Thanks.......

Updating to Rom 509 should give the full shift light working at 2000rpm. I can't test this now as i no longer have a mk2.5.

it would be interesting to know if it did change the Pats , but i'm sure if it created any problems then civil-ZZ would not have included the option and i'm sure he would have tested it.

But sounds a great update by civil-zz to an already incredible program.