Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hello, first sorry for my English.

I'm the owner of a focus from spain, I want to share a new feature that I activated with ELM327 cable, I have not seen anything about it in the post.

I've activated the alarm as if it were standard with the program elmconfig> gem configuration> part 2 activate the tab "alarm system" and the two sub-tabs below.

Now just put a switch on the hood lock, at least mine leads to the same cable but has no switch.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://imageshack.us...12092012261.jpg [/ IMG]

Missing siren is located behind the right rear seat (left hand drive) in the area where the belt goes, there is a curb faston connector serves a standard car horn.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://imageshack.us...26082012251.jpg [/ IMG]

Just need to put the sensors inside ceiling. In my forum forofocus.com no people that has focus and activated in 2005, my focus in 2009 I have not been able to test yet. Activated on the same page Elmconfig> scaning inside

This serves to focus 2005> 2012 and Kuga

Regards and fantastic forum

Hi. I have a 2008 Focus and I already activated the alarm. I bought a Denso ND-012 siren on eBay which is the model that Ford uses and I just short-circuited the hood wiring. Has my car didn't have the switch inside the hood lock I just closed the circuit , which is what the switch do. So for the alarm the hood is always closed! No problem as the hood only opens with the key!

Now if you open the car from the inside the alarm will go of and the intermitent lights will flash fast! The only thing I am not sure is if you can add the motion sensors... I have a cousin with a 2010 Focus SW and it had alarm from factory but no motion sensors.The only things he had and that were missing on my car were the siren and the hood interruptor.

Hi

Hi, there are two variants sold alarm, the focus control perimeter (doors, hood and trunk) and interior sensors, I think to take the serial interior, double lock must be standard.

For the hood switch I have set a button similar to those bearing the doors of refrigerators

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8783/12102012305.jpg [/ IMG]

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4523/12102012308.jpg [/ IMG]

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4420/12102012310.jpg [/ IMG]

Also though in putting a switch but the most common switchs will close circuit to ground when the hood is open. In this case is has to be a switch that closes the circuit when the hood is closed and that opens the circuit when the hood is open. I will try to get a switch like that or a hood lock with switch but until then the "short-circuit" will do the job!

My car doesn't have the double lock so I guess it will not be posible to add the motion sensors...

"Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

snapback.pngnuno8210, on 26 October 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

When you update to latest version you will get BT Audio also when you press the CD/USB button on your radio. My 2008 Focus didn't have that option before update and it has it now! Now I have CD/USB/BT Audio/Line-iPod."

Does that mean you can now say commands etc and make calls. Ive done all of the wiring and i can speak into the microphone and the person the other end can hear me but i cannot hear them. Iw as told the Speech recognition would have to be enabled on the bluetooth module so i get the functions of bluetooth.

Just wondered if this program would be able to do it somehow

When you update to latest version you will get BT Audio also when you press the CD/USB button on your radio. My 2008 Focus didn't have that option before update and it has it now! Now I have CD/USB/BT Audio/Line-iPod."

Does that mean you can now say commands etc and make calls. Ive done all of the wiring and i can speak into the microphone and the person the other end can hear me but i cannot hear them. Iw as told the Speech recognition would have to be enabled on the bluetooth module so i get the functions of bluetooth.

The voice commands were already there. I can make calls by voice but that is standard from Focus with V2C.

The update only added the BT Audio which allows me to listen musics that I have on my phone on the radio without wires.

Are you sure you have the right module ?? I had this problem too, then i changed the module and all worked ok.............

Are you sure you have the right module ?? I had this problem too, then i changed the module and all worked ok.............

I should have the right module, i retrofitted it just a case of i think enabling it in the GEm as mine is a prefacelift and only started off with a basic stereo, ive since upgraded to a new sony DAB and fitted an ST loom with all the bluetooth cabling and the light wiring loom so no problems there, i think i read somewhere it has to be enabled on the GEM think im gonna have to bite the bullet and take it for Ford to look at :unsure:

so much for 20 seconds work though

Got my ELM working again on FF2 - doesn't seem to want to play with ELMConfig but that's no problem.

I notice Simulated Engine Temp is ticked. Can anyone tell me what that is, does or means, please?

I should have the right module, i retrofitted it just a case of i think enabling it in the GEm as mine is a prefacelift and only started off with a basic stereo, ive since upgraded to a new sony DAB and fitted an ST loom with all the bluetooth cabling and the light wiring loom so no problems there, i think i read somewhere it has to be enabled on the GEM think im gonna have to bite the bullet and take it for Ford to look at :unsure:

so much for 20 seconds work though

Did you already checked the "Voice control" box on HEC unit? I never found any option to activate bluetooth or voice control on GEM but I know there is an option on HEC... But if you have a HEC level 1 from MK2 I am not sure that it will support voice control... I think there are some MK2 with V2C but not 100% sure.

Have you enabled it in the HEC ?? with ELM config.......

post-26888-0-68912800-1352214270_thumb.j

Have you enabled it in the HEC ?? with ELM config.......

Hiya

Yep ive selected that and it mutes when i press the voice button on the stalk and "voice listening" appears in the speedo but ive noticed the SRM module is in the MS-CAN section right at the bottom but cant access it for some reason..... it keeps coming up with Incorrect response from ELM to request "18 00 FF 00" and it wont read the module in the DTC either.

the module must be working to some extent if people can here me talk through the microphone in the car... Any other ideas?

The SRM is not yet supported by Elm Congif. It only allows to read and clear DTCs.

Hi.

I have been following this topic for a while.

I would like to thank aal those people who made possible for us to program those things that Ford refused or didn't want to program, maybe it's a feel the difference like their slogan say. :)

I have one question, i have a 1.6 TDCi Ford Focus from 2008 and i wanted to know if it's safe to program the cluster with the version 0509 as i wanted to have ECO MODE... i also would like to know wich FTDI drivers that i need to install on my laptop,

nuno8210, do all Focus have the alarm pre instalation? I did'n know that you've installed that function and it made me curious about it... if you woul may send me a PM with some more info i woul apreciate. ;)

Thanks in advance.

nuno8210, do all Focus have the alarm pre instalation? I did'n know that you've installed that function and it made me curious about it... if you woul may send me a PM with some more info i woul apreciate. ;)

Thanks in advance.

I am not 100% sure if all Focus have the alarm pre-installed. You just need to check if you have a plug on the hood lock (probably the hood lock do not have the switch inside so it has no pins) and the siren wire. The siren wire you can found it in the right side of the car behind the plastic trim cover that goes on the right side of the rear seats back. Is on the same place of the parking sensors buzzer. The siren only needs one positive wire as the ground is provided by the support to the body.

I am not 100% sure if all Focus have the alarm pre-installed. You just need to check if you have a plug on the hood lock (probably the hood lock do not have the switch inside so it has no pins) and the siren wire. The siren wire you can found it in the right side of the car behind the plastic trim cover that goes on the right side of the rear seats back. Is on the same place of the parking sensors buzzer. The siren only needs one positive wire as the ground is provided by the support to the body.

nuno, thanks for your answer. ;)

So, in SW it would be on that compartment on the right behind the foam? There is where the parking sensor buzzer would be on the SW... btw, in there is also where i installed my sensor box... i remember seeing there some kind of wires... maybe it's better i take a photo... :)

No, the siren does not go in the same place as the parking aids unit. Is the same place where the parking sensor buzzer is fitted. You access it from the right rear door. You just take the plastic between the door and the rear seat and the buzer should be screwed near the place where the seatbelt goes.

Hi ,

The link for the ELM interface from the first post is still correct right ?

This is what I need:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Thank you !

Yes this is the correct. I have bought my adapter from this store.

Preee ,what is the temperature that the heated front window screen activated ;

What are the GEM options : battery backed sounder , RKE locking allowed .......run/start position ,S389_CONF ;

Thanks

Hi.

I have been following this topic for a while.

I would like to thank aal those people who made possible for us to program those things that Ford refused or didn't want to program, maybe it's a feel the difference like their slogan say. :)

I have one question, i have a 1.6 TDCi Ford Focus from 2008 and i wanted to know if it's safe to program the cluster with the version 0509 as i wanted to have ECO MODE... i also would like to know wich FTDI drivers that i need to install on my laptop,

Thanks in advance.

Should be ok to program ..............download link https://rapidshare.c...4/ELMConfig.zip

Just run program from your desktop and get to page below.....disable screensaver and make sure your laptop battery is good or plug it into the charger, takes about 25 mins..........

post-26888-0-27298100-1352805891_thumb.j

Is it mandatory to have a 6 pin 3 way switch or a 3 pin 3 way could be ok.

Like this one:

Momentary_on_off_on_SPDT_3P_ROCKER.jpg

The switch must have 6 pins. It can have only 2 positions but must have two poles. You must have the can-H and can-L of the module in the middle pins and then the HS-CAN can-H and Can-L on one side and the MS-CAN CAN-H and CAN-L on the other side. If you see the electric scheme on the first post the idea is to be able to connect the module to the MS-CAN and to the HS-CAN.

Ok, thank you for the explinations nuno8210, I will search for the 6 pins version than.

Something like this:

642639985298903896352777-1489952-700_700.jpg