Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I already activate Eco Shift Up, the green arrow is there before I start the engine but it does not signal the shift change.

The ECO shift up lamp is controlled by the PCM. It is possible that your versions of the PCM doesn't support this feature. The signal to turn on the shift light is missing in older PCM versions. Possibly a firmware upgrade of the PCM will solve this.

i have retrofiited the MK2.5 instrument cluster with firmware version 0509 to my MK2 (2005). on my car everything works fine including the ECO-mode feature. The only thing that isn't working is the ECO shift up light because of the missing signal from the PCM.

Thank you for the explanations !

I think you are right. I'll just have to live without it :)

I am actually waiting like a kid would be for Christmas morning - hoped the ELM cable was going to arrive yesterday so I could activate some more lights, but no show!!

*patience...patience...*

The ECO shift up lamp is controlled by the PCM. It is possible that your versions of the PCM doesn't support this feature. The signal to turn on the shift light is missing in older PCM versions. Possibly a firmware upgrade of the PCM will solve this.

i have retrofiited the MK2.5 instrument cluster with firmware version 0509 to my MK2 (2005). on my car everything works fine including the ECO-mode feature. The only thing that isn't working is the ECO shift up light because of the missing signal from the PCM.

Hello, please forgive my broken English.

I need your help and guidance.

I'm from China,my Focus mk2.5 from 2009,rom 0303, I want update to 0509 by ELMconfig .

The ELM327 is set to 38400 bit,But can not upgrade successfully.

May I ask how you did it, help me!

Thank you very much.

yeah the 1st time I updated it and it failed half way through.

to say I !Removed! myself is a understatement.

all the clocks were not working but you can still start the car.

just ran the update again and it was fine

I understand what you say!! and that's my fear!!

But in the end everything was working, right?

Hello, please forgive my broken English.

I need your help and guidance.

I'm from China,my Focus mk2.5 from 2009,rom 0303, I want update to 0509 by ELMconfig .

The ELM327 is set to 38400 bit,But can not upgrade successfully.

May I ask how you did it, help me!

Thank you very much.

I have succesfully upgraded the MK2.5 instrument cluster outside of the car before it was programmed into my MK2.

I have connected a 12 volt power source to the instrument cluster and the ELM327 interface and connected the HS-CAN bus wiring between the instrument cluster ande the ELM327 interface.

After this i have disabled the screen saver, internet connection and anti virus/firewall software. The upgrade procedure worked without any problems.

I have read that European and Asian Focus MK2.5 instrument clusters are made by different manufacturers. Maybe the European firmware isn't compatible with your instrument cluster.

I have succesfully upgraded the MK2.5 instrument cluster outside of the car before it was programmed into my MK2.

I have connected a 12 volt power source to the instrument cluster and the ELM327 interface and connected the HS-CAN bus wiring between the instrument cluster ande the ELM327 interface.

After this i have disabled the screen saver, internet connection and anti virus/firewall software. The upgrade procedure worked without any problems.

I have read that European and Asian Focus MK2.5 instrument clusters are made by different manufacturers. Maybe the European firmware isn't compatible with your instrument cluster.

Thanks for your reply. Very much

Lenny, the cable arrived last night at last.

I will start playing again on Sunday.

Lenny, the cable arrived last night at last.

I will start playing again on Sunday.

Cool mate,

Sorry for the two days delay on transit, usually takes 3 days including date of dispatch,

Dont feed it too much turkey on the 25th or Gargle on the 1st 2013

No hurry on return mate, mid january is good.

Take time to try the various features and ensure your happy with the new configuration prior to return.

Well, in this case my cluster maybe isn't compatible because is European (Portugal but make in Germany)!!!

Where can i see if my cluster is compatible?

Tks.

I will do dude.

Main thing I want to do is enable cruise control and ensure it doesn't cause any havoc - I don't have the other parts to do the rest of the mod yet, but enabling it is one hurdle (assuming it isn't one of the cars which has to go to ford, only for them to smile and say no.)

Will keep you posted.

All Links in first Post of this Thread have now been update :) Above is FDS Program and English Translation of ELM-FF2

I will add these also to the first page

Can anyone tell me how I can access this download as even when logged into the site I get;

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#10171]

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Can anyone tell me how I can access this download as even when logged into the site I get;

[#10171]

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

I re-uploaded two of the file's direct to the thread i thought they were all working now. What part can't you download?

[#10171]You do not have permission to view this attachment.

i get the same thing

I re-uploaded two of the file's direct to the thread i thought they were all working now. What part can't you download?

Neither of the files can be downloaded;

FDS (1).zip & ELM-FF2_EN.zip

Ok i have Zipped both of them together and put them on page 1 of this thread , external download link

Ok i have Zipped both of them together and put them on page 1 of this thread , external download link

Many thanks they downloaded without any problems from there.

thats a long way to go back :(

Not if you click the title of the thread or actually click on post 1 , takes you direct to it , no point in scattering files all over the thread.

Not if you click the title of the thread or actually click on post 1 , takes you direct to it , no point in scattering files all over the thread.

I agree with Preee as it was so simple to just have it on the first page. If reading this on this page then all you need to do is click on the double back arrows at the bottom of the page and it'll immediately take you back to the first page. Simples! :)

Whichever way you choose you should be downloading the respective files within a few seconds.

The alternative is the files eventually ending up in the middle of other pages after a few days of other posts. I think it has to be congratulated for the speed with which the link to the revised zipped files got put there after my posting here.

Well, in this case my cluster maybe isn't compatible because is European (Portugal but make in Germany)!!!

Where can i see if my cluster is compatible?

Tks.

My Focus and cluster was made in Germany and I can confirm that flashing the ROM to upgrade it to 0509 worked perfectly for me.

Well, apart from forgetting to turn off the Wi-Fi network so it crashed after a few seconds but with that turned off it worked perfectly.

ok, not sure if this has been covered and its a lot of pages to search through to see if it has or not (lazy I know)

But..

Ive managed to get everything working up until writing to the car.. but on the first tab (HEC) if i write what i want ticked when it finishes its magic, on my dash it has the yellow warning light and says TOTAL EPB failure and I can not write anything on the GEM tab as it says open Medium speed port.

can someone help me on this please