Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

are there any plans to add any actuator tests to this software? I have a bit of air I think in my ABS module, and it would be really great if it was possible to cycle it to bleed the air out. Also is there any software like this for the MK3 Mondeo? Thanks.

Also, what happened to Psyence? His FDS program was coming along well, but he just stopped, and went silent. seems to have just "vanished" hope hes well.

Just modified my cable went to send the request to set it up with elmconfig but got response - "correct response from ELM timed. Received response to request "AT WS"". Took it apart and I had a bad solder so resoldered it and all working ok.

Does this software/cable work with a Mondeo 2012 model (Mk4?)?

Best regards,

Brian

Brian it does show this as mk 4 , but at the moment it's not fully translated into English , so you will have some translating to do

Just modified my cable went to send the request to set it up with elmconfig but got response - "correct response from ELM timed. Received response to request "AT WS"". Took it apart and I had a bad solder so resoldered it and all working ok.

Good work at least you solved the problem quickly

Just enabled auto locking on my car with my cable didn't have a switch so just twisted the wires together, is there a way to make the indicator flash for longer when you just tap it? Thanks

Update: Driving to work this morning I heard the familiar sound of the information alter 'bing'. The messaged displayed was ' Check Tyre Pressure'

Great :) I had enabled this weeks ago and had expected something to happen sooner. I was starting to think it wasn't working.

I'll check my tyres tonight and see how many PSI's I've lost in order to generate the warning.

Update of update: So on checking they were down around 10 PSI - admittedly I haven't checked them for a while in the hope the sensor would pick up the air loss and the error message would be displayed. Just goes to prove it does work by enabling using this guide.

My wheels are 18's which I run at 33 PSI

Stu

Hi guys!

I own a ff mk2 2.0 TDCI 05'. I have been using this software and it's great but i have a little problem. When I want to change delays (for autolock, courtesy light, etc...) i keep getting an error.

untitled.png

Any ideas?

Tnx, Menzy

I'd like to have a play around with modding my own IC. Does anyone know where I can get the source for ELMConfig or alternatively where I can get a copy of either firmware versions?

Thanks for all the help this thread has been awesome.

Well this is all clearly bonkers, but something I'd love to try.

I have a mk2.5 focus titanium. Do I have the hardware to use this software to enable:

1) auto door lock

2) auto heated screen on low temp

3) tyre pressure monitoring

Also, on doing a gauge test, I can see I have a up arrow but no down arrow. Is this Eco mode/gear advice? If so, does it work on the 2008 onwards titanium a?

Apologies if it sheen asked - I'm only on page 10 of 76 and got overexcited!

Well this is all clearly bonkers, but something I'd love to try.

I have a mk2.5 focus titanium. Do I have the hardware to use this software to enable:

1) auto door lock

2) auto heated screen on low temp

3) tyre pressure monitoring

Also, on doing a gauge test, I can see I have a up arrow but no down arrow. Is this Eco mode/gear advice? If so, does it work on the 2008 onwards titanium a?

Apologies if it sheen asked - I'm only on page 10 of 76 and got overexcited!

Yes this should work fine on your car

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) some times this works , but some reports that it has not worked

There is only an "up" arrow for gear shift Eco , but your Firmware for the clocks must also be updated to version 509

Hy guys. I'm not from Uk, so please forgive my english.

In my country we have a FordClub, with upgrades and tehnical stuff, but this topic is really interesting. I want to thank you all for your effort.

After reading all this pages, i bought an elm327, cheap one. After half a day work, I managed to install on Win7 64bit. It now connect to my car when using some programs included in the box. But when i try to connect using ELMConfig, latest version from Civill, I get this error:

hoqMdgB.png

Any ideea? have allready changed port speed, between 9.600 and 38.400, no chance. Also, i used comm 3, comm 2, comm 31...the same error. When I use ELM-FF2, when i press the button translated to "Read car info", I get a popp-up (i only understandt HCAN there) after that nothing...in the black screen something that I don't underdstand, and no chance to thick something on/off, everything remains faded..

Hy guys. I'm not from Uk, so please forgive my english.

In my country we have a FordClub, with upgrades and tehnical stuff, but this topic is really interesting. I want to thank you all for your effort.

After reading all this pages, i bought an elm327, cheap one. After half a day word, I managed to install on Win7 64bit. It now connect to my car when using some programs included in the box. But when i try to connect using ELMConfig, latest version from Civill, I get this error:

hoqMdgB.png

Any ideea? have allready changed port speed, between 9.600 and 38.400, no chance. Also, i used comm 3, comm 2, comm 31...the same error. When I use ELM-FF2, when i press the button translated to "Read car info", I get a popp-up (i only understandt HCAN there) after that nothing...in the black screen something that I don't underdstand, and no chance to thick something on/off, everything remains faded..

This does look like a Comm port problem , Comm port has to be below 10 , maybe comm 3 and 2 are causing conflicts , an un-modified cable will only read from HEC

Ok, I will try to use com 5,6 or other. I wanted to be sure it is working before I modify the elm.

So the ELM-FF2 only works with modification on the cable? I have read it works, but not all options.

Ok, I will try to use com 5,6 or other. I wanted to be sure it is working before I modify the elm.

So the ELM-FF2 only works with modification on the cable? I have read it works, but not all options.

The un-modified cable will work with all three versions of the program , it's only if you want to go a little deeper and access the GEM that you need to modify the cable

Hey, trying to figure out how to retrofit the cruise control. Tried to enable both "Cruise controll" tics on the ELM config, but i dont get the CC light during "start up test". Now if some peeps whit working CC could check out if they get the CC light during start-up test.

Should be there regardless of it being activated or not in ' Self Test ' mode..........

Should be there regardless of it being activated or not in ' Self Test ' mode..........

Got me wrong, if i do the gauge test, the CC icon lights up. But when i just turn the key to "igniton" it wount light up. What im trying to figure out, is if you have CC does the CC light come up on normal startup, or just when the CC is active.

I tried to look the wiring diagrams on Haynes, but there is no wiring diagram for CC.

Just hit me few nights ago, that on VAG, when retrofitting CC you needed to pull one new wire from the CC controll to the ECU. Caught me wondering, if its same case here? You need to install the buttons, activate it from the GEM and Cluster, and pull the "signal" wire to the ECU...

Got me wrong, if i do the gauge test, the CC icon lights up. But when i just turn the key to "igniton" it wount light up. What im trying to figure out, is if you have CC does the CC light come up on normal startup, or just when the CC is active.

I tried to look the wiring diagrams on Haynes, but there is no wiring diagram for CC.

Just hit me few nights ago, that on VAG, when retrofitting CC you needed to pull one new wire from the CC controll to the ECU. Caught me wondering, if its same case here? You need to install the buttons, activate it from the GEM and Cluster, and pull the "signal" wire to the ECU...

Hey,

I have factory standard cruise, and the light does NOT light up on power up.

Hey,

I have factory standard cruise, and the light does NOT light up on power up.

Ok, so it only lights up when the CC is active?

Hmm... I guess i need to wire up few pushbuttons, and test if the cc works by just enabling the Ticks on FF2, before buying the 4 spoke wheel...

Ok, so it only lights up when the CC is active?

Hmm... I guess i need to wire up few pushbuttons, and test if the cc works by just enabling the Ticks on FF2, before buying the 4 spoke wheel...

Hey Carlos,

It only lights up when cruise is active and in use. Even pressing the Cruise On button doesn't make it come on. There's no 2 colour system on it - it's nothing at all, or in use and green symbol.

I'm back with my problems.

I tried using different COMM. Same result.

When using EasyOBDII, ScanMaster, etc..it reads the car parameters, real time.

SO:

1. Using ELMConfig

- I still get the same error

- Run-time error '8020':Error reading comm device

2. Using ELMFF2:

- I tried Russian and English versions

- same result:

pWup0KG.png

Translated with Google into:

Open port COM1

* Reading the configuration of the module IPC (instrument panel)

> ATZ

<Error reading

! Wrong answer adapter

xNtWWdh.png

3. Using FDS:

- it connects to the vehicle

- when I press "Read VIN from car" I get errorfigu

- when I pres Read Current Configuration i get the car's configuration, like in picture

- it download's ASBuilt from web, no problem there

- when I thick something, like Radio, or VoiceControl, or Reverse warning, anything, I get: "Download the HEC data from the vehicle first".

0Rb1VKa.png

I do not have other FF2 to try.

I don't know if it si something wrong with the :

- computer (maybe comm port?? Win7 64bit. )

- car (few weeks ago I used IDS and it worked ok!)

- or ELM?

I could try to change the ELM, I haven't modified it yet. But I have to decide this days, I cannot wait too long.

Any ideea?

Thanks.

Look's like my problem was the drivers. So keep trying if you have similar problems, change drivers untill it works. After installing different drivers it worked. Now i will modify ELM.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club