Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Have nothing to do with the ROM, has to do with going to page 3 of the HEC.

When i load the configuration on page 3 of the HEC appears a warning that can cause delayed on instant consumption, and I ignored. I think it is not only the immediate consumption, I also think that confuses autonomy and reserve warning light.

To: jpinhas

Hi.

Have you solved your problem with instant consumption? I have similar problem, so I would welcome assistance with it.

Thanks

Busy using it already.....arrived yesterday. So far so good !

Literally, what more can configure this program in Focus2 comparing to ELMConfig? I know it can adjust millage and flash PCM so it means that UCDS can enable cruise control in FF2. Anything more?

In S-Max - are there more options in car central configuration in BCM in comparision to ELMConfig? Are there any configuration options in IPC (instrument cluster)? Have you tried to enable displaying instant fuel consumption in your (old) analogue cluster?

Thanks Richard! :)

hi pree

just plugged in my elm cable and worked as it should, i tested a few things like washer fluid level etc and it writes and reads :)

however i couldnt acess any other tabs but as your guide says the cable needs modding which will be next

cheers again

hi pree

just plugged in my elm cable and worked as it should, i tested a few things like washer fluid level etc and it writes and reads :)

however i couldnt acess any other tabs but as your guide says the cable needs modding which will be next

cheers again

Good News Andrew , does the washer level work? , it never did on my old car as the sensor was not present even though it was a Titanium.

Modding the cable will open up the rest of the options , just remember to Do the BACKUPS , it's a must :)

To: jpinhas

Hi.

Have you solved your problem with instant consumption? I have similar problem, so I would welcome assistance with it.

Thanks

No, still the same. I do not know how to solve the problem.

Good News Andrew , does the washer level work? , it never did on my old car as the sensor was not present even though it was a Titanium.

Modding the cable will open up the rest of the options , just remember to Do the BACKUPS , it's a must :)

the warning came up on the dash yes but wouldnt go away (as i dont have the sensor fitted)

when you say backups is that the AS-Built do i generate an as-built?

if i wanted to re-install the backup i presume i would click input as-built?

some options like the phone details and RDS i dont think will show up because i dont have the bigger LCD screen that correct?

wont be modding the cable today as bought the wrong switch, bought dpst not dpdt :angry:

I received the second diagnosis and it is working :D

I manage to add the switchers and I now I have Eco Mode, DDS, Radio and Auto-locking.

I will put some photos to see that the interior is completely different to the the one from the tutorial: the leds are smd and the pins are in another order.

I activated also the double locking, but is not working!

post-42084-0-76149900-1366455287_thumb.j

post-42084-0-53039100-1366455290_thumb.j

post-42084-0-77826600-1366455292_thumb.j

post-42084-0-15038100-1366455297_thumb.j

Bottom of each page gives you the option to load each page settings. Also you will see a save option this is to save your default settings do it for every page and keep safe in case you nwed to restore your settings to default.

The phone and radio might show the larger screen is only for the satnav

Bottom of each page gives you the option to load each page settings. Also you will see a save option this is to save your default settings do it for every page and keep safe in case you nwed to restore your settings to default.

The phone and radio might show the larger screen is only for the satnav

mines small screen and shows radio and phone .

laurashgeo why two switches on yours ?

I fallowed the tutorial from the first page. Than I saw that there are double switcher on the market.

wow cheers guys will activate it then and see what appears,

as ive changed my headunit will it still display radio and phone? if so what info does it display?

those 2 switches looks like spst

as ive changed my headunit will it still display radio and phone? if so what info does it display?

It does not display that much information , TBH , it displays cd track number , radio station name and phone displays incoming call but not caller name but it's still good :)

No, still the same. I do not know how to solve the problem.

Hi, jpinhas.

I have bad news. :-(

Yesterday I wrote question to civil-zz, who is author of ELMConfig and he answered me, that no way how to repair our problem at current moment. He doesn´t know, if it will be posible in some future release of ElmConfig, because he doesn´t know why such effect appears.

Did you upgrade FW to 0509 after first access to 3th page of Configuration/HEC or before it?

I still have FW 0508 now, so I don´t know, if I should try upgrade to FW 0509.

Do you think, that it would help me?

Thanks.

Hi, jpinhas.

I have bad news. :-(

Yesterday I wrote question to civil-zz, who is author of ELMConfig and he answered me, that no way how to repair our problem at current moment. He doesn´t know, if it will be posible in some future release of ElmConfig, because he doesn´t know why such effect appears.

Did you upgrade FW to 0509 after first access to 3th page of Configuration/HEC or before it?

I still have FW 0508 now, so I don´t know, if I should try upgrade to FW 0509.

Do you think, that it would help me?

Thanks.

I accessed the page to backup before upgrading to the ROM 509, do not know if it was then or after that caused the error.
I think the problem is only caused by the access to page, the problem is not in having the ROM 508, 509 or otherwise.

Radio and Phone info will only be shown if you have fitted an original Ford Radio which supports these options. For the Focus only the MK2.5 oval shape radio's do support Radio and Phone info. The square shape radio's from the MK2 do not support Radio and Phone info.

ok ace i fitted an aftermarket oval shaped headunit will give it a try anyway

So I was reading the HEC via usb cable, the Head unit flashed and then everything went black except for the indicators. Now lots of things aren't working. I can start the car but no throttle, no opening windows, no locking the car with the remote.

Plz help! I'm getting NO DATA errors when trying to read or flash 509 rom.

post-42915-0-72188700-1366633477_thumb.j

post-42915-0-82847100-1366633481_thumb.j

Have you already tried to remove the positive battery cable for about half an hour?

If removing the battery cable does not solve the problem you can try to remove the instrument cluster from the car, connect it directly to a (12 Volt DC) power source and the ELM327 interface and perform the firmware update again . Sometimes this will solve the problem.

P5100022.jpg

If performing the update outside the car also does not solve the problem there are only a few possibillities. You can buy and re-program another (either brand new or already used) instrument cluster or take the current (not working) instrument cluster to a specialized company for repair (if possible).

I own an instrument cluster which has similar problems like yours. It came from someone who tried to perform the firmware update and aborted the update before it was finished. Afterwards the screen turns black and nothing seems to work. The guy who did this had to buy and re-program another instrument cluster because he needs his car every day. Until now I have not been able to get it to work again.

• Like 1

Thanks JW! Disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a few hours seemed to give the battery a boost and it unlocked the doors. But it wouldn't start so I suspected a flat. I called roadside assist and they jump started my car fine... all working again.

So I suspect my battery voltage fell too low for it to read properly and subsequently stuffed up my HEC read. I'm not going to try anything else until I replace the battery, but I did get most of the GEM stuff out of the way anyway.

Thanks again and cheers for the awesome guide and software!

Have you already tried to remove the positive battery cable for about half an hour?

If removing the battery cable does not solve the problem you can try to remove the instrument cluster from the car, connect it directly to a (12 Volt DC) power source and the ELM327 interface and perform the firmware update again . Sometimes this will solve the problem.

P5100022.jpg

If performing the update outside the car also does not solve the problem there are only a few possibillities. You can buy and re-program another (either brand new or already used) instrument cluster or take the current (not working) instrument cluster to a specialized company for repair (if possible).

I own an instrument cluster which has similar problems like yours. It came from someone who tried to perform the firmware update and aborted the update before it was finished. Afterwards the screen turns black and nothing seems to work. The guy who did this had to buy and re-program another instrument cluster because he needs his car every day. Until now I have not been able to get it to work again.

Hello!

1. ELM327 line how to take it?

2. ELM327 the connecting plate what role? Must use this?

Thany you very much

well since having the cable working fine i decided to do the mod to acces the other menus, followed the first page but when i plugged it into the car, it gave me engine malfunction and all kind of sounds and lights were flashing, so unplugged it, think the car is ok as i only tried to read the config of the car,

will have to double check my wiring and confirm the correct pin outs from the first page

well since having the cable working fine i decided to do the mod to acces the other menus, followed the first page but when i plugged it into the car, it gave me engine malfunction and all kind of sounds and lights were flashing, so unplugged it, think the car is ok as i only tried to read the config of the car,

will have to double check my wiring and confirm the correct pin outs from the first page

Looks like you crossed the H-can and M-can wires

I've made a few of these modified ELM boxes with a switch - looks professional:
IMG_1400-620x350.jpg

Also written a guide (just updated it with the latest version of ELMConfig - V0.2.6)

Will keep it updated, as I've been following the Russian thread for a little while, and also playing around with the UCDS & FF2 programs - So far I think the ELMConfig is the best, and I've also been creating my own little program, which I'm still working on at the moment

Edited by James Simpson
Removed selling reference, minimum post count applies, please read selling rules.

Thanks guys ill keep that in mind james if I doesnt go to plan, I just realised ididnt use the putty programme, I dont know if this would of caused the error

You will need to use the putty program to enable the extra features - this could fine well be the cause of the issues you're having.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club