Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hi guys,

If I buy an elm327 cable would I be able to send it to one of you guys to make the mod for me. I will reimburse you obviously.

Thanks

Michael

Hi guys,

If I buy an elm327 cable would I be able to send it to one of you guys to make the mod for me. I will reimburse you obviously.

Thanks

Michael

Send me a PM I will see if I can help

Hi, I have gone though the proceedure you posted to change the speed of the COM connection to 500000. I still can't get the connection speed to work with anyhing except 38400. These are the results I get.

I open 0.2.8c select COM2, adapter setup, speed test,I get all the way to 500000 OK, 1000000 gets the box "Correct responce from EML timed. Received responce to request AT BRD 04" select OK, box "speed restoring OK current speed 38400". Set speed to 500000 press set, Box for Hard Reset OK, new speed set etc OK. Closes. Reopen EMLconfig 0.2.8c. port COM2 change speed to 500000. Press open port, box with "Correct responce from EML Timed Received responce to request AT Z" close box and EMLconfig shuts down. I have tried several combinations of speeds but the EML will not accept any speed except 38400.

Has anyone got any more suggestions as I just can't get past this point?

I have fitted a Cruise control steering wheel, set the GEM and HEC to Cruise Control, done the beep test on the buttons OK. So all I need now is to set the PCM and to do that I need a speed of 500000.

I now this goes on a bit but I hope there are some ideas out there.

Thank you

I thought 38400 was the right speed? or if I recall correctly, it works fine on my car?

Hi,

Just to recap. I have fitted a 4 spoke wheel with Cruise Control. Using EML config 0.2.8c I configured the GEM and HEC for cruise control. When I open the PCM tab and open the information page press "read" it starts to fill out the box's until it gets to firmware where it stops and box opens'Runtime error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument'. When I close this box the program shuts down. If I bypass the step and go straight to read the PCM Firmware I get the warning I need to have a speed of 500K, which I don't as I can only get the program to open with a speed of 38400. So I am stuck at this point. All my efforts to get the EML to run at anything other than 38400 have failed and I have no idear where to go from here.

Looking for inspiration. Do Need a speed of 500000 or will 38400 work?

Have I missed something simple?

You may have an ELM327 interface with the wrong chipset wich can not be set to a higher speed than 38400. The cheap Chinese ELM327 interfaces can be equipped with a few different chipsets. In the past I bought and modified about 20 ELM327 interfaces and found 3 different types of chipsets which also uses different drivers.

These different chipsets are from the following manufacturers:

* FTDI

* Silicon Labs

* Profilic

My experience is that only the ELM327 with FTDI chipset is capable to work at a speed of 500000. For the other chipsets it is not possible. Trying to change the speed in ELMconfig results in an error.

The type of chipset which is used for the ELM327 interface can be determined by the drivers that are used.

Great thread, I must say! Hats of to the brains behind it all.

Am I right in assuming everyone is using the cheap units off eBay, which don't actually use a genuine ELM327 chip?

I have searched high and low for a Elm327 that actually uses a genuine ELM chip.

Anyone got a link to the best one to buy please?

It is not a matter of the ELM327 chip... The problem is with the data transfer via USB. From the programmer's point of view, it is quite complicated to properly arrange data transfer through the USB interface. One of the simplest solutions is the creation of virtual COM ports (of course, dedicated chipsets are needed) - virtual COM ports are easy to program. This, however, has many drawbacks, eg. speed and reliability. It is much better to use a special chipset, which does not require virtual COM ports and uses "direct drivers" instead. FTDI makes such chips - unlike virtual COM ports they are fast, reliable and easy to program (they are already pre-programmed by the manufacturer, freeing the programmers from the most tedious work). So it's clear, why the ELM327 interfaces with FTDI chipset are strongly recommended.

PS: FTDI chipset can be used also with virtual COM ports - drivers for both modes (VCP and DD) can be downloaded from the FTDI site.

I have made several changes to the HEC/GEM modules and have been watching and reading the Russian site for the updates and the PCM but to be honest I will not be touching anything on the modules as the risk of scr*wing up the module is too great as once its gone wrong no back up can rectify it :(

Kudos to those that try, you guys have bigger balls than me lol

It is not a matter of the ELM327 chip... The problem is with the data transfer via USB. From the programmer's point of view, it is quite complicated to properly arrange data transfer through the USB interface. One of the simplest solutions is the creation of virtual COM ports (of course, dedicated chipsets are needed) - virtual COM ports are easy to program. This, however, has many drawbacks, eg. speed and reliability. It is much better to use a special chipset, which does not require virtual COM ports and uses "direct drivers" instead. FTDI makes such chips - unlike virtual COM ports they are fast, reliable and easy to program (they are already pre-programmed by the manufacturer, freeing the programmers from the most tedious work). So it's clear, why the ELM327 interfaces with FTDI chipset are strongly recommended.

PS: FTDI chipset can be used also with virtual COM ports - drivers for both modes (VCP and DD) can be downloaded from the FTDI site.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Do you have a link to an ELM327 that is the best one to purchase?

Hi

Is there anything for the mk3 focus yet :-( seems i have been waiting forever

Jamie

Nothing yet that I am aware of :(

with my bluetooth adapter i have to use elmconfig 2.6 to be able to read and write to the ccd on my mondeo.

But after i have written changes like home safe lighting it seems like it doesn't change.

Tried autolocking and shift light also, no change at all. I don't know if any one knows why?

the bluetooth as far as I am aware only communicates on one frequency, but I dont think it has the ability to write, thats why most of us went down the modified cable route...

the bluetooth as far as I am aware only communicates on one frequency, but I dont think it has the ability to write, thats why most of us went down the modified cable route...

It Writes to the car. Becuse if i read from the car after i change something it has changed. But i don't have the option to use it. Anyway, i will order an usb elm and modify it, just so i can help out some fellas where i live.

autolocking may not be compatible, get me home lights are applied only when you have keys out of ignition and pull back on the light stalk to flash main beams, as for shift light, I guess you may only have a rev limited shift light and not an eco shift in your particular instrument cluster software.

I guess if you can read and write these must be the only other reasons...?

post-36776-0-21619300-1373842617_thumb.j

Anyone know what this error code means and how to correct it?

Thanks.

Hi FekuFord, I have the same problem see my earlier posts starting at number 1364. Iv'e not got this sorted yet. Several usefull posts I have yet to investigate. It may be a virtual Com Port (VCP) speed problem. The max I can get is 38400 but to read the PCM it apparently needs 500000. If you get any progress let me know. Thanks

Hi Me again.

I have now downloaded EMLconfig 0.2.9. In the hope that I can access my PCM in order to activate cruise control. Failed again. This time it did give me a few pointers. See the attached scren shot. I have tried all of the different rates, no change. Not sure how to change the delay, advice would be appreciated. As for the duff EML327. Could be. I have contacted the supplier, but what a suprise no reply.

Does any one have a EML327 adaptor that works at a rate of up to 500000 mine will only go upto 38400. If so could you let me have the supplier so I can buy one and try again.

Thanks

post-41397-0-39336300-1374063518_thumb.j

go to start and right click my computer, click "manage". Then browse to device manager and then find communication ports. right click and go to properties, then find the advanced properties of the COM port that you are using (or it may appear under USB). Then set the COM port baud rate in there, that might help you, and also disable any settings that relates to power saving on the comm port.

I am having issues, I have taken the ELM apart but the wiring on the back of my OBD connector is different.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/minimadgriff/IMAG2116.jpg~original

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/minimadgriff/IMAG2117.jpg~original

Any ideas? We are abit stuck at the moment. The seller did already say this can work with canbus cars?

Hi,

I have had a look at my Com port settings and have attached screen shots of these. 921600 is my only option above 500000, plenty below. It is almost as if the EML 327 adaptor can't handle a higher speed than 38400 but as you know the PCM needs a baud rate 500000.

I would welcome any help on these settings.

The EML327 adaptor I am using is a modified one and works on both CAM bus's.

Has any one else managed to access the Focus PCM to activate the cruise control using EMLconfig?

Thank you

post-41397-0-30345600-1374088378_thumb.j

post-41397-0-71421800-1374088398_thumb.j

post-41397-0-25159200-1374088421_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club