Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Jari

Yours is the zetec model so possibly at the time of manufacture may have had the higher spec gem fitted :)

Yes I know why should I have the middle position OFF.
yes will probably never use it?
Then it should go just as well with an ON-ON

No, mine is a 1.8 etanlo

Yes I know why should I have the middle position OFF.

yes will probably never use it?

Then it should go just as well with an ON-ON

No, mine is a 1.8 etanlo

I have the ELM with just the ON/OFF and work fine

Hello again!
Now I have tried some more and exchanged on cable 14 and 6 were not good.

It looks like I can read all the information in the HS-can part. But not in MS-can, then I just diplsays incorrect response from ELM to request "10 87"

Hello, i have a modified elm327, this model:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221330577369

It works perfectly with elmconfig and forscan, but i've found out it does not work with Scanmaster where it's working with my standard elm327 (unmodified). I guess it's due to pre-configured 500kbps speed into the FTDI chipset. Do you have the same issue?

Hi all can some one help me out I am try to fit the airbag switch but I keep getting this when I go to write to RCM

Incorrect response from elm to request

"3B00BD0C0106":

03 7F 3B 31 00 00 00 00

Why is this

Hello there.
Now I have managed to get MS can communicate with the program.
I check the box for the cruise control at the GEM and HEC.
and then I pressed writhe to GEM and then to the HEC.
Have been out for a test drive but nothing happens.

Am I missing something or did I forget to do something?

The only thing I have managed to get is the Trip computer - instent fuel consumption.

Just one thing to have someone or know someone how to get Ford Focus Follow Me Home light to act as in the movie in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25SrWR1MJJw

The Cruise Control must also be activated in the PCM otherwise it will not work.

If you want the "following home lights" to act the same as in the movie you need to install an aftermarket module. This is not a standard feature that can be activated.

Okay how do I do it in the PCM?
What is it to be done. I use ELMcomfig 0.2.13.

Thanks for Following home lights tip, I'll check up there.

It is better to use the latest available Elmconfig version (0.2.13b) because older versions can have software bugs.

To activate Cruise Control in the PCM you have to select the "PCM" module first. Now you must select the correct type of PCM first. Next go to the "Configuration" page and click the "Read From PCM" button. Now select the "Integrated Speed Control" checkbox and click on the "Write To PCM" button.

PCMCruiseControl_zps01262da5.jpg

Note that the ELM327 interface must support higher Baudrates to reprogram the PCM. ELM327 interfaces which not supports higher Baudrates are not suitable to reprogram the PCM.

As far as I can tell all settings for cruise control are correct so if all needed parts are present the cruise control should work.

Cruise Control does not work under about 40 KM/H. If you are above 40 KM/H and press the "ON" button followed by the "SET+" button the Cruise Control light in the instrument cluster and the cruise control itself should be activated.

If the Cruise Control does not work there may be a problem with the GEM module/fuse box. The fact that the GEM module/fuse box recognises the Cruise Control buttons does not automatically mean that the GEM module/fuse box is able to control the Cruise Control system.

I have looked for the brown and the white cable into the connector 103 and they are there. Which fuse go to cruise control.
I read somewhere that someone had bypassed the fuse box somehow but now I can not find it anymore.

Hello! I need help! I read all the topic.

I want to activate the Cruise-Control in the PCM. I can read the PCM, i can activate the Cruise Control but i can't write the PCM again. I get always this screen.

16961907jd.jpg

Can somebody help me? May the ELM is broken? Somebody know this screen? THANKS!!!!

Hello! I need help! I read all the topic.

I want to activate the Cruise-Control in the PCM. I can read the PCM, i can activate the Cruise Control but i can't write the PCM again. I get always this screen.

16961907jd.jpg

Can somebody help me? May the ELM is broken? Somebody know this screen? THANKS!!!!

is your elm cable running at 500.000kbps

Yes! Its on auto mode. Other programs done fine with 500 000kbs.

try changing it to 500.000 from auto then restart 0.2.13b elmconfig again

work for me like that

have you got the right pcm type

Edited by dezwez

I have it!

But it was not your tip Dezwez. I have the baud rate set to 500.000kbs, but just get another error message. So I like just now tried it, but then loaded from the file. Previously I had a file saved WITH cruise control marks. Then I simply clicked write to PCM and it worked! Test ride was perfect! Thank you all! This is an awesome forum here!

edit

Yes, I had selected the correct PCM.

What do I do first? and how do I do that?

40929-5985a3ec9f52afa2de589930c7967de7.j

Hey Folks

mk3 software available yet :-( i feel like i have been asking for years lol

Jamie

you need to download the file as a dump and amend from there uploading back to the PCM.

Hejasn!
YES!!! The cruies control is working now.
many thanks to all who have helped me.

Sincerely, Mikey

Another satisfied customer!

Hi guys, really interesting thread this one :P Have been a member of this forum for one day now.

Here's my experience with the elm so far.

I modified an elm nearly a year ago. Just when I was about to test the Elmconfig program, I bricked it. This was a very cheap bluetooth unit. I think I set the baud rate too high on the elm-chip. After that, there were no way to send commands to the chip to reduce it again. The bluetooth-chip was in the way, and didn't manage to adjust to this higher baud rate. Then I read about pin 6 and 28 (dependent on which chip you got), that could be shortened to ground. I made another modification, where I put a switch between these pins and ground. I thought I then could reset the elm-chip whenever I wanted. It didn't work. I suppose the chinese engineeres forgot to put this option in place, when they copied the original elm-chip <_<

Then I bought a couple of new units of the same type from the same supplier :unsure: I thought it then would be easy to move the modification from the bricked unit to the new one. Even then, it nearly took a year before I got enough courage to do it. In the meantime, I had fun with an incode/outcode calculater for PATS and the chinese version of Focom. I managed to program a new flipkey with those :P

Since, I've read in this thread about the need for the 15 000 baud rate, to do certain things like updating firmware. Although my bluetooth unit now works fine with other things, I'll get a 15k USB unit if I manage to find one.

My 1.6 tdci 2010 model is equipped with a PTC auxiliary heater. First time I tested the elm unit, my battery went flat. I wasn't aware that the PTC heater were running, even when the engine was not running. A couple of days ago, my attention was brought to these settings in page 1 of the HEC module. As-built data was set to "no supplementary heater". I then set it to "PTC (status report only)". I tested it today. I was very happy to see it was working :rolleyes: Now my display tells me when it's on. I think it's quite important to see when the PTC is active and which conditions switch it on.

I've also activated "Radio echo", which I think is a nice feature. I enabled the "Reverse warning", but as you guys already have said, I certainly will turn it off again. It's dangerous. I can't think when reversing anymore. I'm soon going to hit some poor pedestrian :blink:

The ecomode feature seems very interesting. Unfortunately I've to upgrade my HEC to ver. 509, as mine shows "Initial ROM level: 403" in the information tab of ELMConfig. To do this, I need the 15k version of elm-unit. Even then, I'm still not sure if I get the courage to do so. I don't want to brick the HEC module :huh: A nice thing with ELMConfig, is the warning that pops up when you try to do this with a bluetooth unit. Thanks to Sergey (Civil)!

There's also an useful log-button in ELMConfig. When set to full, all commands and data are listed to the right. With this set on my cheap bluetooth unit, I can see the buffer very quickly overflows. Just a few lines of hexadecimal values and then I get the "buffer full" message back from the elm chip. It's a clear indication of why it's important to get the right elm units. There is no proper flow control of the data, meaning we can't tell the OBD-interface to slow down. Changing simple settings only transfers a few bytes (typically an order of 10). The buffer has 512 bytes, so that's more than enough, even if the high speed can bus's transfer rate is much higher than the bluetooth speed. The problem occurs when the data exceeds 512 bytes. The only solution is to have a wide pipe capable of draining all the data, before the buffer overflows.

That's why I'm nervous to burn the HEC with version 509, even with a capable elm unit. The whole system seems so fragile. It's common practice in communication technology to have sofisticated flow control in place, at least simple handshaking to regulate the rate of the data transfer. Without this regulation, many things can go wrong.

Here's what the elm spec says about the buffer (search for "buffer full"): http://elmelectronics.com/DSheets/ELM327DS.pdf

Well, that's enough of delving into this topic (I always get excited with this kind of stuff). I've followed this thread with great interest and have learned a lot. Thanks to all of you! Thanks to Pree for his initiative and of course Civil for creating ELMConfig. Now Ford owners can do even more on their cars by themselves :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club