Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

They are off my ecu, took the photos a while back when the ecu plastic casing got smashed to bits.

The code underneath, 7M5T-12A650-ATD was the original sticker on the module, and like you said, ATE should be the next progression from that.

However, over the top of that sticker was a plain white sticker with a barcode and the number, 8M5T-12A650-ANC which appears to be same as 7M51 version but with Keyfree... Despite my car not having Keyfree so it's a bit odd why it was flashed for keyfree instead of being kept as a 7M51 unit (non Keyfree)

Was going to go to AND, there is an ANE, which id imagine is the latest however no mention of the Keyfree, and don't know what QSF stands for...

8M51-12A650-ANE DW10B 136PS MMT6 C214/C307 Stg4 aDPF Sticking throttle QSF 08.11.2011

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Don't know if perhaps dealers put that kind of sticker on an ecu when its updated?

Or maybe they updated old parts to the new level software before fitting to your car in the factory. Not unheard of, for various reasons.

QSF stands for Quick service Fix

:)

Probably the latter, wouldn't of been the dealer as it had security bolts on the cover.

I assumed it www the ford direct centre. But could of been the factory, maybe 7M5T was for pre facelift cars without Keyfree, and 8M5T is for facelift cars and as my car is a mid 2008 car it could of been old stock from the 2.1 models which was pre facelift with facelift electrics (2007).

Just tried new software and was going to do an update but keep getting frw.dat error when I read from pcm.

The 7M5T and 8M5T relate to the model year for when the part was introduced - in this case 7 for 2007MY etc.

I knew the ST had security bolt on the ECU cover but didn't realise this also applied to other models - obviously rules out the sticker being fitted out in the field. I'd be guessing about the different model years, software levels and so on for the pre-facelift and facelift models, but I would expect facelift cars to have parts starting 8M5T as the facelift was 2008 model year onwards.

Think the label covered up is pretty much irrelevant to whatever software your car has - it's very likely the physical hardware of the ECU is the same across both versions of mk2 Focus and it's just the software inside which differs. Could even be possible that the ECU supplier reworked it's stock of parts already loaded with 7M5T to 8M5T level and shipped them into Ford with the new labels on. Ford wouldn't have a special facility of their own to create those labels, they would come from the supplier one way or another.

It's probable yep that they was reworked in terms of software.

Only reason I knew was because, a few years back now, a car infront run over a roadsign... It flicked it up and it smashed into passenger corner of front bumper which completely smashed up the plastic ECU casing...ECu in fact fell onto the road at 70mph and got dragged along until I could stop where I had to tie it up again.

But price tag of a grand put me off, but has been operating fine to date barring new engine loom I had to fit and new plastic casing.

But when I had it apart, obviously noticed it had a sticker over it and always questioned why, but assumed it must of been done by ford direct centre... But what you say about supplier doing it makes more sense.

I tried to find a replacement sid803a 2nd hand but didn't have any luck from a ford car, found one from peugeot with same engine as an sid803a but couldn't prove the insides were the same or that it would be possible to flash it with ford calibration. So stuck with one that's in there now.

Does anybody know why I'm getting the error frw.dat error when I try to even just read the PCM on the intial screen which shows hardware and software versions etc?

It's probable yep that they was reworked in terms of software.

Only reason I knew was because, a few years back now, a car infront run over a roadsign... It flicked it up and it smashed into passenger corner of front bumper which completely smashed up the plastic ECU casing...ECu in fact fell onto the road at 70mph and got dragged along until I could stop where I had to tie it up again.

But price tag of a grand put me off, but has been operating fine to date barring new engine loom I had to fit and new plastic casing.

But when I had it apart, obviously noticed it had a sticker over it and always questioned why, but assumed it must of been done by ford direct centre... But what you say about supplier doing it makes more sense.

I tried to find a replacement sid803a 2nd hand but didn't have any luck from a ford car, found one from peugeot with same engine as an sid803a but couldn't prove the insides were the same or that it would be possible to flash it with ford calibration. So stuck with one that's in there now.

Does anybody know why I'm getting the error frw.dat error when I try to even just read the PCM on the intial screen which shows hardware and software versions etc?

I also got frw.dat error on my c344 cmax on read pcm only on latest elmconfig. try find one version older.

• Like 1

I would but previous version doesn't work with my sid803a pcm lol

• Like 1

You should wait for new version than.

I do wait too. There is no info about elmconfig not working on cmax mark2 i couldn't find any word but it seems like that because every app works with my modded elm and my car but not elmconfig with my c344 cmax I've been trying for weeks blaming the elm s.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Presume that comes with everything you need to turn a laptop into a diagnostic machine?

• Like 1

Presume that comes with everything you need to turn a laptop into a diagnostic machine?

looks like it has the ford software and everything included,

With ford VCM you can basically rewrite the whole car,

Install OEM heated seats and active them yourself using the VCM.

Correct milage up or down, install bluetooth modules vouce control, anything ford can do for a 70 pounds per connection fee you can do with VCM for a once off payment then you own it,

Only fault i can see with the linked kit is the power supply plug,

It would need to be changed to a plug that fits our sockets, but they can be picked up pretty cheap,

• Like 1

As far as I know mileage correction down is something IDS can't do, nor can it activate auto locking... It used to be able to do the latter but ford removed it when people started asking their dealer to active it.... Something to do with it not unlocking the doors or not reliably unlocking doors... One of the 2 in the event of an accident. So ford left it switched off to cover themselves.

• Like 1

is this available for windos 8.1 or going to be available.

There is a new version of elmconfig is available works better than ever but not with my cmax 2. It works with only voice recognition module.

And it works with windows 8.1 flawlessly.

I've been running it with Windows 8.1 for a few months now, seems fine to me.

I've only used it on Win8.1 without issue. :)

what version ? tried connecting to the car today and laptop didn't find the cable

Which version number do you have as the latest?

Which version number do you have as the latest?

0.2.15.just tried the adapter sitting on settee and it worked .will try it again later

right.just been out to car to try it and just keep getting errors. can some one hows used this on win8.1 tell me the process.

ive tried toggling the switch in both positions and still the same.

Switch should be in HS CAN mode to start with.

Open ELM

Change language to English

Change connection to Focus/CMax

Click open port

What is the error you're getting?

Switch should be in HS CAN mode to start with.

Open ELM

Change language to English

Change connection to Focus/CMax

Click open port

What is the error you're getting?

ive done the list still no go

can error 10.87

tried with a windows 7 laptop wouldnt even notice the elm .laptops not much any how

You've got the ignition on yeah? ;)

Have you installed the cable correctly, so when you look in device manager, theres not a yellow warning triangle on it?

You've got the ignition on yeah? ;)

Have you installed the cable correctly, so when you look in device manager, theres not a yellow warning triangle on it?

ign on yeah seems installed ok