Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I am trying to view this for the mk4 mondeo but it just comes up in gibberish..

Help??

I'm trying to insert an image to show what I mean but it isnt giving me an option to and I dont wanna use a hosting site

can anyone please tell me if auto central locking on pulling off and double locking on one press can be enabled on the mondeo mk4?

You cannot insert images without a hosting site, the likes of Photobucket is a good site, I'm not 100% that this software is compatible with the Mondeo platform

you can usually attach images without a hosting site and it will upload directly top the forum.. usually when clicking the option More Reply Options next to Post there will be a section for browsing and attaching images just under the main post box.

I've done it in other threads on here but some reason its not popping up in this thread. The reason I dont wanna use hosting site is cause my photobucket keeps reaching its bandwidth and the photos wont be viewable.

Looking at the newer updates of elm you can use it for the mondeo is there is an option for the mondeo in the drop down list

Would anyone know if it's possible to (accidentally) disable the external temp warning/snowflake on the cluster using the ELM software?

Mine's no longer working, doesn't light up on the dash when you switch the ignition on or when the temperature drops. External temp reading is showing on the cluster. Have been through all the menu's for the ELM software, and can't find any obvious settings apart from the chime plus no DTC's showing for the cluster.

Snowflake lights up both colours in Test mode so it's not a problem with the lamp itself.

Did you update the instrument cluster firmware recently?

Some of the custom instrument cluster firmware versions that are included with ELMconfig have the snowflake warning disabled. The Russian developer of this firmware disabled the snowflake warning because on their cold climates it is burning constantly.

If you are using the stock firmware versions the snowflake warning should function correctly.

• Like 1

I did update the cluster firmware some months ago to whatever the latest version was, so I could enable eco mode and such like - never noticed if the snowflake stopped illuminating when the ignition was first switched on, and only noticed the problem now once the temperatures have dropped.

Could be like you suggest then, it does seem to be disabled rather than a hardware issue. I'll have to take another look at the different options for the cluster updates, seem to remember there were multiple entries to pick for some firmware versions.

Cheers :)

Quick update - there's 3 different options on the HEC firmware menu for ROM512 (AK)

ROM512 (AK)

ROM512 (AK) TEMP by quickie (ffclub.ru)

ROM512 (AK) FULL by quickie (ffclub.ru))

Can't remember which one I used the first time, possibly ROM512 (AK) FULL....... as that seemed to make sense at the time.

Anyhow, tried flashing ROM512 (AK) FULL.... first and still no snowflake when I cycled the ignition.

Then tried the basic ROM512 (AK) version and this worked just fine, snowflake now illuminates yellow then red then off on cluster along with the other warning lamps.

Can see now the 2 versions by quickie are probably tweeked to suit some specific requirements our Russian cousins wanted in their firmware.

At the same time I was looking at this I needed to adjust the time on the cluster as it had lost a couple of minutes.

Did the advised trick of enabling the FFH on the HEC menu but left it set afterwards to see what happened. Set Clock option stayed on cluster menu but the fuel computer stopped working - no instantaneous mpg, average mpg or average mph and the miles to go didn't count down either.

Disabled the FFH again in HEC menu but while trying to find a setting which could have disabled my snowflake I found another FFH option in the GEM menu, set this to On or 'FFH present' perhaps and now got the Set Clock menu item plus the fuel computer works too :)

Quick update - there's 3 different options on the HEC firmware menu for ROM512 (AK)

ROM512 (AK)

Can't remember which one I used the first time, possibly ROM512 (AK) FULL....... as that seemed to make sense at the time.

Anyhow, tried flashing ROM512 (AK) FULL.... first and still no snowflake when I cycled the ignition.

Then tried the basic ROM512 (AK) version and this worked just fine, snowflake now illuminates yellow then red then off on cluster along with the other warning lamps.

Can see now the 2 versions by quickie are probably tweeked to suit some specific requirements our Russian cousins wanted in their firmware.

At the same time I was looking at this I needed to adjust the time on the cluster as it had lost a couple of minutes.

Did the advised trick of enabling the FFH on the HEC menu but left it set afterwards to see what happened. Set Clock option stayed on cluster menu but the fuel computer stopped working - no instantaneous mpg, average mpg or average mph and the miles to go didn't count down either.

Disabled the FFH again in HEC menu but while trying to find a setting which could have disabled my snowflake I found another FFH option in the GEM menu, set this to On or 'FFH present' perhaps and now got the Set Clock menu item plus the fuel computer works too :)

where can i get the software to flash mine ?

You'll need an ELM327 unit, these are usually modified to allow switching between the High Speed and Mid Speed Can modules. Cluster firmware is HS so i think the unit defaults to this anyhow.

Software is ELMconfig, from here http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/

If you haven't already, have a good thorough read of this topic as everything you need to know is really well explained.

Simples :)

You'll need an ELM327 unit, these are usually modified to allow switching between the High Speed and Mid Speed Can modules. Cluster firmware is HS so i think the unit defaults to this anyhow.

Software is ELMconfig, from here http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/

If you haven't already, have a good thorough read of this topic as everything you need to know is really well explained.

Simples :)

i know all about the elm and how it works.just want to know about the software to flash the unit.ive just bought speedo clocks with the bigger lcd screen and wondered about flashing it

The short answer would be to use the ELMconfig software, I just don't know if it can do whatever's necessary to use a different cluster.

Am sure there's some PATS functions which makes it a more complicated job, possibly beyond what ELMconfig offers?

The short answer would be to use the ELMconfig software, I just don't know if it can do whatever's necessary to use a different cluster.

Am sure there's some PATS functions which makes it a more complicated job, possibly beyond what ELMconfig offers?

i know how to sort it to work with my car,have done it before.just wondered if there was a reason to flash

The cluster and ECU are paired and both form part of the immobiliser system.

If everything isn't coded properly your car won't start.

I mainly updated to latest firmware to enable the extra features like radio and phone information on the cluster plus the eco mode display.

But now I've changed to a DVD/Sat nav head unit the radio and phone info doesn't show up. And driving a heavily modified ST the eco mode isn't much use either :rolleyes:

ROM512 (AK)

Hi Troy,

How did you update to ROM512 update, please? I have ELMConfig v0.2.15 installed and the latest version available in it was ROM509, that I have installed on my Focus Mk2 RS. I read somewhere that there were no significant changes between 509 and 512 versions: do you confirm this, please? Because I tried over 30 times to install the ROM509 update before succeeding and so I do not want to live another time that real nightmare for mothing (because disconnecting both battery terminals overnight to recover the old ROM before trying the failed update did NOTHING and so I was bound to succeed to save my car!).

The only module that would interest me now is the one allowing the auto-folding mirrors when locking the car, but I think it is still not available in ELMConfig (UCDS adapter is sold at exorbitant price).

Cheers! ;-)

where can i get the download from for flashing please

Hi Troy,

How did you update to ROM512 update, please? I have ELMConfig v0.2.15 installed and the latest version available in it was ROM509, that I have installed on my Focus Mk2 RS. I read somewhere that there were no significant changes between 509 and 512 versions: do you confirm this, please? Because I tried over 30 times to install the ROM509 update before succeeding and so I do not want to live another time that real nightmare for mothing (because disconnecting both battery terminals overnight to recover the old ROM before trying the failed update did NOTHING and so I was bound to succeed to save my car!).

The only module that would interest me now is the one allowing the auto-folding mirrors when locking the car, but I think it is still not available in ELMConfig (UCDS adapter is sold at exorbitant price).

Cheers! ;-)

My version of ELMConfig is 0.2.13b - when I go into the HEC menu under the Procedures tab, page 2 there's a button for 'Fill Firmware List', think I'd have clicked this, then clicking the little arrow on the right hand side of the Firmware Level brings up the list with at least 8 choices going off the photo I took while sorting my missing snowflake.

Choices I've got listed are

ROM403 (AH)

ROM508 (AJ)

ROM509 (YA)

ROM509 (YA) TEMP by quickie....

ROM509 (YA) FULL by quickie....

ROM512 (AK)

ROM512 (AK) TEMP by quickie....

ROM512 (AK) FULL by quickie....

My car is 2010.25 MY and had ROM508 originally. Don't know the differences between features for ROM509 and ROM512 but I suspect they're not the same variants of software, as the first letter of suffix is different. You can see ROM403-512 going up engineering levels AH, AJ then AK but ROM509 is YA so perhaps this is why your car didn't like you trying to flash it into the cluster. I've no idea what the difference is between A* and Y* but I had no problems at all updating to AK.

There may be some more detail in earlier posts but course there's a lot of them to go through. Does googling it or looking on the Russian Focus site give any more clues?

Hope this helps

Thanks mate, that's very interesting, as your ELMConfig's version is lower than mine, but you have access to ROM512 when I have access to ROM509... Your car is a 2010 Focus ST so not so different from my 2009 Focus RS. Very strange...

I think that my update problems were caused by my modified ELM 327, whitch is a very bad tool made in China for £2 and sold on eBay for £15 or so... I have just ordered this one today as an upgrade! :unsure:

Another important question: when the 2000 blocks were loaded, the new ROM installed itself and at the end, I had a window in ELMConfig saying that an error occured... Is it a known bug of ELMConfig, as my cluster works perfectly and all the required options are activated (shift light, BT, auto-lock, EcoMode, new menus, ESP tick box...)?

Thank you! ;)

I wondered too when I saw my software version was older than the one you've used. Maybe try running the older version and see which firmware is available to flash over?

You would think that the firmware would be similar or the same for the 2010 ST and the RS, if you call up the Information detail for your HEC settings does it list ROM508 as Initial ROM level?

When I've updated firmware I don't get any ELM errors when it's finished - the cluster usually shows Engine Malfunction & Reduced Acceleration but these clear with the button on the stalk and don't re-appear.

I just got a pair of ELM units off eBay probably same seller as one of the early links provided in this thread - they sat around quite a while before I got round to using the software and the one I modified with HS/MS can switch works just fine :)

point is that ROM 512 was introduced after end of FF2 production (Kuga mk1 was still produced) and it's only available for instrument cluster with small display

• Like 1

Mayak, thank you so much: this is it! My car has the large display cluster, so the ROM512 was not proposed as an update for my car! So I assume that level 509 is the lattest update available for my cluster.

Troy, I will check next time the level of my initial ROM: I didn't see this capability in HEC module. ;-)

A friend of mine told me that he cancelled the speed correction on his Focus ST speedometer using ELMConfig to have the real speed: do you guys have any info about this mod and where can it be activated, please?

Cheers!

Fab

Great response above from Marcin, that explains a lot with the problem you were seeing!!

The information on original HEC firmware level is just on the first page/tab for the HEC so you should find it easily enough.

Not heard anything before about speed correction being cancelled, what effect does this actually have? is it just the figure used for wheel/tyre size that's used for the speedo calibration? Think this may be in the PCM/ECM menu.

With the vast range of tyres people fit and variation in physical sizes vs what's stamped on the sidewall there's already fair amount of scope for error in the calibration but Ford should have designed the system so these will always lead to over-reading speed rather than reading too low. With different brands of factory fit tyres they'll also have different correction factors loaded in production but obviously the RS was only fitted with the conti's (wasn't it?)

Only just installed the latest version last night of elmconfig, but unlike last time it now reads From my engine ECU so I managed to update the pcm firmware from ANC to ANE, no idea what changes are but ANE says something about Sticky Throttle Pedal QSF lol again no idea what that is, but may fix a problem I've experienced on longer journeys where the throttle pedal becomes unresponsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club