Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Maybe this is a daft question but would anything modified through the ELM software cause the cluster to make a small beep, possibly when hitting a certain speed?

:unsure:

it's a setting in HEC configuration, page 1 (Overspeed warning (120 km/h))

Done, mate! Many thanks for your so precious help... ;)

I've got it, many thanks. bad news - seems that VID decoded completely incorrectly.. and i have no idea what to do with it :unsure:

what is your real VIN, because i think that WF0GWF0GWF0GWF0GW is not a correct one? i'try to get data from as-built service if it possible.

i think you don't mind if i answer your questions here? :)

FULL and TEMP firmwares are the custom versions modified by our programmer with nickname quickie. TEMP version makes cluster to show the real engine temperature (as you know during warming up by default it shows 90 degrees when real temperature is only 45. and then shows 120 when it a already real danger to engine happens). so TEMP version arranges temperature and it's indication. as I know quickie made this modification for 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 engine maps so i'm not sure whether it will work with 2.5. FULL - its a TEMP version with adding a cut off the snow flake indication also. so you're right - its the only differences between them.

your faults with cluster update maybe linked with low speed/big timeout (did you increase baudrate to 500000 bps/decrease usb timeout to 1 ms?) or low adapter quality - its the most often met cause.

the most robust adapter i ever met is the ELS27 which is developed and produced here in Russia. it a bit more expensive then chinese ELM327 (at the current moment as i know its approx $30) but it is built from known components by a very experienced people with multiple functionality checks, it can work with baudrates up to 2Mb/s which allows for example to read SIM28/29 less then 1 minute, and also supports two buses from the box without any switches :)

P.S. your car looks really cool and amasing, I love it :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the detailed information Sergey, you guys have done a brilliant job with all the work on ELMConfig B)

Not had a chance to cancel the overspeed warning I must have set - it's not exactly very obvious for what it's supposed to do, i even thought it was perhaps a bit of file corruption on the SD card I'm usually playing music off. With the current weather it won't be a problem for a while!

it's a setting in HEC configuration, page 1 (Overspeed warning (120 km/h))

FULL and TEMP firmwares are the custom versions modified by our programmer with nickname quickie. TEMP version makes cluster to show the real engine temperature (as you know during warming up by default it shows 90 degrees when real temperature is only 45. and then shows 120 when it a already real danger to engine happens). so TEMP version arranges temperature and it's indication. as I know quickie made this modification for 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 engine maps so i'm not sure whether it will work with 2.5. FULL - its a TEMP version with adding a cut off the snow flake indication also. so you're right - its the only differences between them.

With the TEMP firmware for the cluster would the mods done to it make the digital temperature (from Test mode) and the gauge match? If so then if I tried the TEMP version it would give me an indication if it's worked ok with the 2.5L.

• Like 1

i don't know whether a value from test mode used for the pointer behaviour but yes, after TEMP/FULL version flashing the pointer value should correspond to test mode

• Like 2

Hi Sergey,

I have also an Ford Focus RS and if you want i can also send you my file and VIN Nummer.

The most focus RS were reflashed in the plant to a newer SW, and I think that is why they has always the dummy VIN WF0WF0...

In Germany i think The Most Tuner also add the Basic ST SW on the PCM of the RS that they get Access to it. Maybe that could also be an Route cause why the VID is complete incorrect?

Would it be possible to add an digital speedometer into the Cluster SW?

• Like 1

hi everyone.

i have one question,

i connect my MK2 FOCUS with elm, by using elmconfig 0.2.3 older version

now i want to connect with elmconfig 0.2.15 ,but it get an error :(

AT S1 error , how can i fix this, because i want to enable cruise control by entering PCM

but new version of elmconfig not working

but older version is working perfectly

i allredy modificate my elm cable and perfect working with older version of elmconfig.

my laptop is windows 7 ,

please help , im waiting lots of time to entering PCM to activate cruise control , but ELMCONFIG 0.2.15 GET ERROR -AT S1 ERROR ,

PLEASE HELP.

The most focus RS were reflashed in the plant to a newer SW, and I think that is why they has always the dummy VIN WF0WF0...

In Germany i think The Most Tuner also add the Basic ST SW on the PCM of the RS that they get Access to it. Maybe that could also be an Route cause why the VID is complete incorrect?

Would it be possible to add an digital speedometer into the Cluster SW?

oh, thanks for the information, i didn't know about VINs..

no, SW change can't lead to VID change because they are located in different memory areas. i still can't understand whether i can't properly decode VID or it was corrupted. but last assumption means that RS software doesn't see to VID data and it's values doesn't matter :)

to add a digital speedometer there is total cluster firmware change is need, this option was not put by engineers.

SERGEY, Can the ELS27 unit be purchase outside of Russia, if yes can you Please provide the sellers name or link.

here is the site - http://els27.ru/

but unfortunately it doesn't work temporary due to some hosting issues.

here are contacts of developers and sellers

http://ffclub.ru/user/59450/ (ittrium)

http://ffclub.ru/user/182443/ (Digital-Cj)

i connect my MK2 FOCUS with elm, by using elmconfig 0.2.3 older version

now i want to connect with elmconfig 0.2.15 ,but it get an error :(

AT S1 error

AT S1 command is need for newer version proper work. seems that your chinese clone doesn't support it..

can i change my elm327 v1.5 baud rate from 9600 to 38400 ???

i thing that elmconfig 0.2.15 works with 38400 baud rate devices

What am i doing wrong ive activated auto locking low washer (dont have sensor tho) and a few other things but im trying to get shift light and eco mode but its not working? the shift up light comes on at startup when it didnt before but nothing else any ideas???

ECO-mode does only work on instrument cluster firmware version 0508 and above. This function is not supported by older firmware versions of the instrument cluster.

The Shift-up / ECO Shift-up function does only work if the PCM hardware and PCM software both support it. If one of these do not support it this function will simply not work at all. Not all PCM types and PCM firmware versions do support this function.

Thanks just to checked have ticked all the boxes correctly the one in HEC says shift up indicator was already ticked but it also says disable instant fuel consumption level 1 would that make any difference also the far right theres tick boxes for HEC level2/3 with eco shift up, eco mode and a few others like rs

Otherwise pcm is my problem then

There are a few different instrument clusters used on the Focus MK2.5.

HEC level 1 is the low spec instrument cluster without trip computer. Only mileage and trip mileage are shown on a small display

HEC level 2 is the instrument cluster with trip computer and the small LCD display.

HEC level 3 is the instrument cluster with trip computer and the big LCD display.

On European Focus MK2.5 versions the level 1 instrument cluster is very rare.

The "Shift-Up" checkbox is selected as standard on both the level 2 and level 3 instrument clusters. If this function does not work the PCM and/or PCM firmware do not support this function. First you can try to install a different firmware version into the PCM (only do this if you know exactly what you are doing!!). Unfortunately there is no information which firmware version do or do not support this function. If different firmware versions does not work also it is most likely that the PCM does not support it.

In my opinion the "Shift-Up" function is not worth the effort to make it work. With this function the shift light is activated about 500 RPM before the rev limiter becomes active. Most drivers will never reach the RPM value on which the shift light is activated. After 5 Years I noticed the shift light for the first time on my old Focus MK2.

• Like 1

There are a few different instrument clusters used on the Focus MK2.5.

HEC level 1 is the low spec instrument cluster without trip computer. Only mileage and trip mileage are shown on a small display

HEC level 2 is the instrument cluster with trip computer and the small LCD display.

HEC level 3 is the instrument cluster with trip computer and the big LCD display.

On European Focus MK2.5 versions the level 1 instrument cluster is very rare.

The "Shift-Up" checkbox is selected as standard on both the level 2 and level 3 instrument clusters. If this function does not work the PCM and/or PCM firmware do not support this function. First you can try to install a different firmware version into the PCM (only do this if you know exactly what you are doing!!). Unfortunately there is no information which firmware version do or do not support this function. If different firmware versions does not work also it is most likely that the PCM does not support it.

In my opinion the "Shift-Up" function is not worth the effort to make it work. With this function the shift light is activated about 500 RPM before the rev limiter becomes active. Most drivers will never reach the RPM value on which the shift light is activated. After 5 Years I noticed the shift light for the first time on my old Focus MK2.

Brilliant thank you Ive got level 2 then id like it to work just because its there if its proves too difficult ill leave it lol

Where can i get pcm files from? ive seen an old post of yours where it says you had done it and the car felt better overall after it?

The "Shift-Up" function is very important in Focus ST/RS (and oder 2.5T cars), during the engine warming up. As long as the engine oil is cold, its pressure can be very high, and this could be dangerous. So the point when the "Shift-Up" indicator is activated, depends on the current oil temperature and the engine speed. As soon as the engine reaches the recommended temperature, the "Shift-Up" activates - as JW1982 said - about 500 RPM before the engine speed limit.

Where can i get pcm files from? ive seen an old post of yours where it says you had done it and the car felt better overall after it?

PCM files can be downloaded from the following website:

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

This is the website of Civil-Z (the author of ELMconfig).

You should only update the PCM firmware if you know what you are doing. Updating the PCM is not without risk. In worst case it could result in a non starting car because of a defective PCM. I updated the PCM several times but I did also own a spare PCM and have the ability to solve possible problems by reprograming the PCM and ignition keys with a different diagnostic system.

The "Shift-Up" function is very important in Focus ST/RS (and oder 2.5T cars), during the engine warming up. As long as the engine oil is cold, its pressure can be very high, and this could be dangerous. So the point when the "Shift-Up" indicator is activated, depends on the current oil temperature and the engine speed. As soon as the engine reaches the recommended temperature, the "Shift-Up" activates - as JW1982 said - about 500 RPM before the engine speed limit.

On many stock firmware versions of the ST the shift light does not function. Many ST drivers do notice the shift light for the first time after new PCM firmware has been installed or the car has been remapped (on many remap PCM files the shift light is also activated).
  • Like 1

You should only update the PCM firmware if you know what you are doing. Updating the PCM is not without risk. In worst case it could result in a non starting car because of a defective PCM. I updated the PCM several times but I did also own a spare PCM and have the ability to solve possible problems by reprograming the PCM and ignition keys with a different diagnostic system.

On many stock firmware versions of the ST the shift light does not function. Many ST drivers do notice the shift light for the first time after new PCM firmware has been installed or the car has been remapped (on many remap PCM files the shift light is also activated).

I wondered about updating my PCM firmware till I remembered that I'd lose my favourite best ever remap :rolleyes: that's as well as the risks of it all going Pete Tong and bricking the PCM.

I think on pre-facelift ST remappers could activate the shift light but wasn't possible to do the same on the facelift, I think they changed from a red 'shift up' arrow to a green 'eco shift' function instead. Though it is possible now with the ELM software :D

It would make perfect sense if it triggered at say 3K rpm while the oil was getting up to temp, then reverted to 500rpm below the limiter but if it only worked once the oil was warmed up as suggested above then it'd not give any benefit for the warming up period - you could merrily rev the car as high as you liked with cold oil and it wouldn't come on? Don't cars like the RS4 limit revs till temperatures come up?

Driving styles differ but for myself I've no need to rev the ST anywhere near the red line or wherever the limiter is, all the fun stuff happens at lower revs than that without having to flog it through the gears like a n/a IL4 engine :P

Would still be nice if there was the ability to set what rpm the shift light came on. Or this, plus the shift indication lighting up not just the shift arrow but a whole bunch of cluster lights so it was more obvious (like Test mode?). I ran a CBR600RR Honda with HRC race kit ignition and using the standard clocks they lit up like a christmas tree when it was time to change gear - left & right turning arrows, neutral light, high beam etc. Happened somewhere around 17,000 rpm :o but in truth you were still usually too preoccupied looking where you were going ;)

• Like 1

n my opinion the "Shift-Up" function is not worth the effort to make it work.

+1

I activated this function myself and after 1 day switched it off again as I found it annoying rather than a help.

HELP

i changed my elm327 v1.5 baud rate to 500000, but it still not working with elmconfig 2.15,

it says ''incorrect response from ELM to request , AT S1 ?'' what is that ????

PLEASE HELP , I CAN CONNECT WİTH OLDER VERSIONS OF ELMCONFIG BUT CANT CONNECT 2.15 , WHY ???

Not likely to ever,

Ford never made an RS OR ST with cruise control so they probably never even wrote the cruise control programming into the PCM firmware (calibration)

Without programming there's nothing to switch on

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

but Kuga mk1 2.5T had cruise control so PCM is able to support this feature

Yes KUGA did, but it was launched after the ST and has a different firmware.

You could flash KUga firmware onto pcm but then the engine will run at 200ps instead.

Same reason why ST can be remapped via obd port but RS can't... RS has newer firmware with built in security.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club