Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Stupid question, how do I make up a back up? I never did it on my car, I just got extremely lucky that it all worked without any hiccups.

On the page you wish to modify, on the buttons at the bottom next to load file you will see a save button, make sure you read the config from the car first so all parameters are loaded then save the file, this is your failsafe if anything goes wrong.

I was thinking about upgrading my HEC to enable a few extra features, which version should I go for?

My car is a UK spec 2008 Mk2.5 Focus CC 2.0 TDCI and these are the current HEC details:

Part# 8V4T-10849-HF

Hardware# 8V4T-14C226-AB

Strategy# 8V4T-14C026-AA

Calibration# 8V4T-14C088-AA

Software Version: 18.01.2008

Initial ROM: 230

I'm guessing I'd also need to upgrade the PCM too, which as I understand I can find the correct file at http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

--- Edit ---

My PCM details are

Part# 7M51-12A650-ATE

Software Version: v.6 (25.09.2006)

Firmware version: K7QBSE6

Module type: SID83M

So I guess the correct firmware would be

Engine | Module | Transmisson | File name | Module Number |

2.0L 136PS TDCi | SID83M | MT / MMT6 | 7M51ATE_TXT | 7M51-12A650-ATE |

Description | Release date |

DW10BTED4 C214/C307/S389 Stage4 aDPF | 06/04/2009 |

Hi all,

Great work by everyone on this forum!!! I'm not great at this sort of stuff so I had someone else take a look at my Focus. I've had the steering wheel fitted with the cruise controls and had the car plugged into a laptop to activate the cruise control but we've had no joy.

I wonder if anyone near Basingstoke has managed to get this working and if so would they try activating mine for me Obviously I'm willing to pay.

Many Thanks

I was thinking about upgrading my HEC to enable a few extra features, which version should I go for?

My car is a UK spec 2008 Mk2.5 Focus CC 2.0 TDCI and these are the current HEC details:

Part# 8V4T-10849-HF

Hardware# 8V4T-14C226-AB

Strategy# 8V4T-14C026-AA

Calibration# 8V4T-14C088-AA

Software Version: 18.01.2008

Initial ROM: 230

I'm guessing I'd also need to upgrade the PCM too, which as I understand I can find the correct file at http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

--- Edit ---

My PCM details are

Part# 7M51-12A650-ATE

Software Version: v.6 (25.09.2006)

Firmware version: K7QBSE6

Module type: SID83M

So I guess the correct firmware would be

Engine | Module | Transmisson | File name | Module Number |

2.0L 136PS TDCi | SID83M | MT / MMT6 | 7M51ATE_TXT | 7M51-12A650-ATE |

Description | Release date |

DW10BTED4 C214/C307/S389 Stage4 aDPF | 06/04/2009 |

Depending on the exact type of instrument cluster you could update to firmware version 511 or 512. These firmware versions were officially never used on the Focus MK2.5 (only on the Kuga) but will work fine. The ELMconfig program will only list the firmware versions that are suitable for your type of instrument cluster.

You PCM firmware is already one of the latest versions. There is only one newer version but you should only load this onto the PCM if you are 100% sure it is compatible.

Both the firmware update of the instrument cluster and the firmware update of the PCM require an ELM327 interface which supports a Baudrate of at least 115.200 Kbps. Personally I would advise to use an ELM327 interface which supports a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. If something goes wrong during the update proces the module in question (instrument cluster or PCM) can easily become bricked.

Personally I would only start updating if you have the skills and tools to get the car back running after something went wrong. Both the instrument cluster and the PCM contain a part of the PATS immobilizer system. If something goes wrong the car may be immobilized.

I experimented a lot with the firmware update procedure of ELMconfig (Focus MK2) and FoCCCus (Focus MK3). However I also own a few other Ford specific diagnostic systems which are capable to reprogram all possible modules. Next to this I also have some spare PCM's and instrument clusters to get the car back running in case something goes wrong. In my situation there is almost no risk.

• Like 2

Hi.I have the modified elm 327 .How can i see my fuel trims?What program i need?

Depending on the exact type of instrument cluster you could update to firmware version 511 or 512. These firmware versions were officially never used on the Focus MK2.5 (only on the Kuga) but will work fine. The ELMconfig program will only list the firmware versions that are suitable for your type of instrument cluster.

You PCM firmware is already one of the latest versions. There is only one newer version but you should only load this onto the PCM if you are 100% sure it is compatible.

Both the firmware update of the instrument cluster and the firmware update of the PCM require an ELM327 interface which supports a Baudrate of at least 115.200 Kbps. Personally I would advise to use an ELM327 interface which supports a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. If something goes wrong during the update proces the module in question (instrument cluster or PCM) can easily become bricked.

Personally I would only start updating if you have the skills and tools to get the car back running after something went wrong. Both the instrument cluster and the PCM contain a part of the PATS immobilizer system. If something goes wrong the car may be immobilized.

I experimented a lot with the firmware update procedure of ELMconfig (Focus MK2) and FoCCCus (Focus MK3). However I also own a few other Ford specific diagnostic systems which are capable to reprogram all possible modules. Next to this I also have some spare PCM's and instrument clusters to get the car back running in case something goes wrong. In my situation there is almost no risk.

Thanks for the advice, I'll leave the PCM alone.

I have a high speed ELM327 (it will run at 500,000Kbps as standard, can go up to 2,000,000Kbps and has a genuine FTDI chip). I also have this VMC cable, which should allow me to re-program all the PATS stuff if I need to.

• 3 weeks later...

does any one know if it's possible to have the phone info displayed on the instrunment cluster screen on the mk3 focus using elmconfig.? It is possible on the mk2.5.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just wondered if anyone managed to get Cruise Control working in the ST. I have the switches installed, all the relevant wiring is already in the car from the steering wheel to the fuse box, also the clutch, brake and accelerator switches are there.

I have also used ELMConfig and enabled Cruise Control in the three relevant places, but still no luck :(

The software of the Focus ST does simply not support Cruise Control. This will never work unless you have the skills to write your own software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when connecting my ELM i keep getting error messages like missing Dll file etc .... cant get civils Dll link to work :( any iodeas ?

Open up just the Web address (civil.zz.ru u think) then just download the links

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Try another internet browser.

For some reason the files can not be downloaded with the Microsoft Edge browser. As an alternative I tried both Google Chrome and mozilla Firefox and both can download the files without any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

finally decided to try this out. I got the pre modified ELM327 cable from eBay, installed the drivers, and hooked it up to my car/laptop.

Forscan reads everything perfectly, but ELMConfig is a bit weird. I had taken some screenshots (not saved) to post here, but my laptop somehow shut off on the way back to my room so I lost them. But basically, I would get a lot of messages saying "Correct response received" and often it would just not read any settings. Eventually, I found if I did everything really fast, I could read my GEM module settings. I decided to switch on Auto Locking, then write, but no matter what I did I could not write settings. I would just get the "Correct response received" message, but nothing seems to actually get written.

Any ideas? Using the latest version of ELMConfig.

Your not running in demo mode?

Not sure, is it on demo mode by default? How do I switch it?

when you open the software, you should click "Online" and make sure the demo options are not set. I cannot remember the specifics as its been a while since I used it!

when you open the software, you should click "Online" and make sure the demo options are not set. I cannot remember the specifics as its been a while since I used it!

Weirdly enough, I tried the following day, and it all worked fine. I do recall it being "online" the first time either. Weird...

Saying that, I enabled global window opening/closing but it doesn't seem to work. Am I correct in understanding that it only works if you have all four windows electric?

• Like 1

Yeah all four need to be electric as dw says

• Like 1