Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Euro3 Or Euro4 Engine?

Z3 MON

2004 ford mondeo Mistral Zetec 2.0l tdci, made in late decemeber of 2003.

Now i was under the impresion that if the EGR valve had a electrical connector on it then its a euro4 engine? however i just checked here

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/ford/mondeo/hatchback-2000/26597/

and its says its Euro 3 compliant?

Confused.com

any ideas

dave

I may be wrong but I thought if the EGR valve was at the front of the engine it was a 3 and at the rear a 4

its at the front, hmmm does this mean it has the module under the headligh i wonder.....

the tddi had the valve at the back, the tdci had the valve at the front of the engine, if there are electrical connections it will be euro 4,see attached photo of the euro 4 engine you can see the valve with the electrical connectors on the front left of the engine.

post-1458-0-70246400-1331417460_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Does the number of gears have significance? I seem to recall that in 2005 my 2.0TDCi 6 speed was Euro 4, but if I had bought the 5 speed it would have been Euro 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club