Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Window Shutting !

Chris Duggins

JUST got our first Focus (02 Ghia) and as a Vauxhall owner I'm quite impressed with the Focus overall.

BUT a question. IF I swiched the ignition off after hitting the window switch, the windows stop closing. With a VX they keep closing until shut

or can be closed after leaving the vehicle by either placing the key in the outside door lock OR holding the lock button down on the key fob.

With the Focus, do we have to wait till the windows are all closed before removing the key.

JUST got our first Focus (02 Ghia) and as a Vauxhall owner I'm quite impressed with the Focus overall.

BUT a question. IF I swiched the ignition off after hitting the window switch, the windows stop closing. With a VX they keep closing until shut

or can be closed after leaving the vehicle by either placing the key in the outside door lock OR holding the lock button down on the key fob.

With the Focus, do we have to wait till the windows are all closed before removing the key.

I think you will find on the 02 Focus you will, later Focus models have global closing via the remote key fob.

Don't quote me, but i THINK you'll need 4 electric windows to operate the global closing facility... And you'll have to "teach" the car how to do it (the fucnction is disabled on UK fords) You pretty much hold "up" on each window switch for 5 seconds,starting with the drivers window, then moving "clockwise" On the 4 switch cluster... Sometimes it works straight away, other times it'll take a few attempts... Good luck. ;)

yep you need 4 electric windows to do what youre looking for im afraid

yep you need 4 electric windows to do what youre looking for im afraid

Yes, I second that.

Hey...Spookily I HAVE got 4 electric windows.

Will pop out and have a play !

Well didn't work in the first attempt..will try again soon.

Whats is meant by "Global" in this instance.

Global opening and closing allows you to open and close all windows from the key fob from a distance outside the car, by holding down the lock or unlock button for about 10 seconds, a quick tap on any button will stop the windows moving if you want to. You must set all the windows as below.

1. Lift and hold the switch until the

window is fully closed.

2. Release the switch.

3. Lift the switch again for one more

second.

4. Push and hold the switch until the

window is fully open.

5. Release the switch.

6. Lift and hold the switch until the

window is fully closed.

7. Open the window and try to close it

automatically.

8. Reset and repeat procedure if the

window does not close automatically.

Lift ??? The buttons are rockers....push open, push closed !

As I said in my first post, I would guess that on your 02 car this function is not available, it only came on later models. If you just have buttons and not lift and push switches for the windows, then you will have to wait until the window is closed before turning the ignition off. The instructions I sent you for global opening came from the 2008 Focus Titanium manual.

Gotcha....Thank you.

No probs. <_<