Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Hid Kit?

salsheikh

Guys,

I managed to pick up a cheap set of ST Xenon lights and want to know which HID Kit to purchase as the headlights did not have these.

Ford OEM ones are way too expensive. Do I need to get ones that are CANBUS error free? No idea what it means BTW!

Any recommendations? 5000k/6000k is preferable.

Not sure your car has CANBUS (it's just a fancy way of saying your car will tell you if a bulb blows, it's to do with resistance basically, that's why LED's that come as CANBUS error free usually have a resistor fitted to keep the ECU happy) but canbus bulbs etc will do no harm at all.

6000 is the highest you can go for on road use but 5000 would be better so as to avoid dazzle and not attract the attention of the battenburg boys.

Original ST xenon headlights use D1S or D2S bulbs? I would suggest to look for good, genuine bulbs 4300K or 5000K( Philips, Osram etc) and set of HID ballasts. Believe me, there is a difference between cheap xenon bulbs and genuine - you will get more light and they will last much longer.

If you planning to change the fog light bulbs mate,

ive purchased some Cree Q5 H11 bulbs they look identical to HID Kit and are a nice 6000kelvin

they are also available in H7 version but they wouldnt be bright enough for headlight use.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19cdedbb6e

first picture below is the stock h11 in the left and the cree Q5 in the right

Image1655.jpg

Below is the Cree Q5 H11 fitted in both units.

Image1657.jpg

Image1659.jpg

i plan to buy sone Osram Night breaker plus bulbs, for the H1 and the H7 fitment

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f135ca7cb

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f12e2ba6c

ive also purchase some canbus w5w 6000k led parking bulbs, fitting them tomorrow http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-WHITE-6000K-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-SIDELIGHT-LED-W5W-T10-501-CAPLESS-BULB-x2-/180750861252?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a159743c4

Hope this helps mate. B)

I have the Osram ones, very good!

Aren't retro-fit HID kits illegal now though? Just be careful! You don't want extra blue flashing lights behind you. <_<

hid's now come under the new mot rules, Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems.

hid's now come under the new mot rules, Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems.

Headlight washers are pretty easy to install using genuine or universal parts. So is auto levelling system, for example this one from Hella (probably the best available, E-marked etc., I used one for over 2 years in my previous car):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HELLA-LEUCHTWEITENREGULIERUNG-ALWR-KOMPLETT-XENON-NEU-/400198855789?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item5d2db5ec6d

Question is if you want to spend so much money in order to have road legal xenon lights ;)

Good thing is, that when you sell the car you can remove levelling system and xenon headlights and sell them to get some cash back.

they are going on eBay tomorrow - gonna cash in on them

they are going on ebay tomorrow - gonna cash in on them

if i was you id keep them and fit them to the car mate,

just put the osram bulbs in to them.

what colour are your existing mk2.5 headlight units black or silver?

im looking to change my silver set to black so if yours are black and your planning to change to the ST ones,

how much ? ;)

if i was you id keep them and fit them to the car mate,

just put the osram bulbs in to them.

what colour are your existing mk2.5 headlight units black or silver?

im looking to change my silver set to black so if yours are black and your planning to change to the ST ones,

how much ? ;)

Hi Lenny, sorry mate i didnt see your post. they are silver so same as yours.

Ive also fitted a set of ST xenon headlights. I wanted to get 6000k bulbs to match the hids i have in the fogs. Anyway i ordered them and when they arrived they turned out to be 8000k. They worked a treat and not as blue as i thought they would have been.

Heres a pic with the 8000k bulbs

20120214_175921.jpg

and a shot with the 6000k hids in the fogs

20120214_175905.jpg

Cheers mate, they make a huge difference campared to the hids i had in my standard headlights. The glare from them was unbelievable

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club