Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revving engine when clutch depressed

teaser

Hi all

Newbie here! can anyone help, I have just purchased a KA 1999 for my daughter.

When approaching say a roundabout & de-press the clutch - the engine revs for approx 3 seconds then settles down to idle ok

Can anyone shine any light on this

Idle control valve sticking???

Many thanks

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there I have got exactly the same problem on my 2000 studio KA. I really have no idea what is causing it - does in happen on all your gears? And is it on long or short journeys?

Hey there I have got exactly the same problem on my 2000 studio KA. I really have no idea what is causing it - does in happen on all your gears? And is it on long or short journeys?

Ford know about this problem, I am told it is something to do with the powertrain control module signal.hope this point you in the right direction

Hi all

When approaching say a roundabout & de-press the clutch - the engine revs for approx 3 seconds then settles down to idle ok

Many thanks

Ian

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/Tom106/KaEngine.jpg

The throttle control valve is the silver thing with wires just to the left of the centre of this image. Take it off, and the thing that its connected to,(black plactic mount) and clean it with degreaser, or wd40,

Ford do know about this but they will replace more parts and charge your... coz its not an actual recall.

The cleaning takes about 20mins plus drying time, and works like a charm. You only need one spanner for 4 bolts.

• 2 weeks later...

Like it was said in previous posts it is a common problem known by ford.

This is fords recomendation;

Problem - engine idle speeds high during gear changes and/or impression of sticking throttle

Cause - Incorrect throttle position sensor signal due to poor multiplug connection

There is a modified throttle position sensor wiring harness/multiplug which can be baught from ford if you want to get is sorted properly

Part no. for the harness/multiplug is 1 150 138

• 5 weeks later...
Hi all

Many thanks

Ian

hi i can help with that i had the same problem on my 96 model and i stripped the throttle body down and took the butterfly out cleand it and put it back n it worked fine hope this helps u