Remap

aaronfox123

if i remap my zetec 1.25 petrol

how much more would i get out of it ?

or any information would be good

Aaron

Nothing

Easiest way for more power is to drop a 1.6 in

you would be wasting your money, if you had a derv then you would get some thing out of it but you dont

Not very much tbh, just looked at the Bluefin chips and on my mk6.5 zetec s it'd only increase by 9bhp for £250, pointless in my opinion.

or you could just upgrade to a 1.4 or zetec s.... :rolleyes: :D

Not very much tbh, just looked at the Bluefin chips and on my mk6.5 zetec s it'd only increase by 9bhp for £250, pointless in my opinion.

9hp is quite a lot tbf...

• 5 months later...

Been looking at bluefin for a while and even though standard with map is only 9bhp a lot of people are saying with just a K&N air filter it'd be 12-15bhp.. And with that, 4-2-1 branched manifold, sport cat and sporty exhaust you'll be looking at 20-25bhp increase depending on how good the manifold etc was.. So an extra possible 25% increase for only £250? Seems good 😃 :)

K&N filter will probably do nothing, as much as people love to go on about these gains, they do relatively little. Yeah a complete exhaust system may see a decent boost and again a remap on top, but honestly it's all a bit pointless.

The exhaust system I'd imagine would cost a grand if you could find someone to make you the manifold; unless you turbo-charge you'll get very little and have spent a lot. Let's face it by the time you've done all that, you're as powerful as a 1.25, you're noisy and you're going to have to tell Mr. Insurance that you've modified your car a good deal; may as well just buy a 1.4 or 1.6 in that case, probably lower in insurance too that way.

If you have the lower power 1.25, I heard of a company that managed to put on the other 1.25 map, but then again you're still not really gaining much.

K&N filter will probably do nothing, as much as people love to go on about these gains, they do relatively little. Yeah a complete exhaust system may see a decent boost and again a remap on top, but honestly it's all a bit pointless.

The exhaust system I'd imagine would cost a grand if you could find someone to make you the manifold; unless you turbo-charge you'll get very little and have spent a lot. Let's face it by the time you've done all that, you're as powerful as a 1.25, you're noisy and you're going to have to tell Mr. Insurance that you've modified your car a good deal; may as well just buy a 1.4 or 1.6 in that case, probably lower in insurance too that way.

If you have the lower power 1.25, I heard of a company that managed to put on the other 1.25 map, but then again you're still not really gaining much.

Aw sorry! My bad, I totally forgot he had a 1.25 I was meaning those power gains for my 1.6 zetec S haha! And all those things I said are already done to my car when I bought it.. Actually ignore me I'm being totally usuless lmao!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club