Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Live Wire On 6000 Rds Stereo

fintious maximus

Hi, got an ipod connector that needs a live feed - anyone know which is the live wire behind the stereo please....

the wiring on the mondeo is different to the wiring on the focus even though they are both ford and both 6000cd mate, the loom is different so i cant help you with that but you could tap in to the live feed on the heater controls or if your 12v socket is only live with the ignition you could always tap in to it either.

If you dont get a reply I will pull ot my radio on Monday, would do it sooner but my multi meter is at work

If you dont get a reply I will pull ot my radio on Monday, would do it sooner but my multi meter is at work

Your a Gentleman Pete

thanks guys and appreciate the offer to get your multimetre out! Thought i'd connect to stereo wiring to keep life simple

Handy, will have a look when I pull the unit out and see if it looks familiar. Thanks

Sorry I havnt had chance to pull the radio yet

Finally got the radio out and its a brown wire into pin 1, now the wire colour changes depending on the car model and the stereo, but pin 1 is the permanat live, you will have to check with a meter as to the wire colour in you vehicle, this relates to the diagram I posted, stoneys is I believe for a sony installation on a later vehicle.

Thanks for your efforts Pete, will get onto it this weekend....

was orange/black on pin 1. Done and thanks for then help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club