Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 Rear Caliper Piston Resetting Tool

rattyc5

does anybody know if i need a right hand or left hand thread tool? do i need one at all? is there another way to push the piston back in? Halfords want £33 for a left hand thread but cant say if its the right one for my car. may be able to get one cheaper off eBay if i know which one i need.

cheers ray

You can reset the pistons using long nose pliers in the cut-outs, Haynes doesn't say which direction they screw but that they have to be twisted and pushed fully into it's bore which will displace spare brake fluid into the reservoir - be sure that there's enough space to avoid overflowing.

Make sure that you locate the lug on the back of the brake pad with a cut out on the piston. (cut-outs need to be aligned so the pad is straight)

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs but you will need to do both sides at the same time to keep braking equal.

thanks for that. yes read the manual about the lug.think i have the right tool for the job.http://compare.ebay....sbar&adtype=pla

and this adaptor for ford focus.http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0035MOQZA

would of cost £33 for just the rewind tool from halfrauds and it would not fit without the adaptor apparently

go clockwise to push in like stoney says long nose pliers have the desired affect .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club