Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecu Help

martox

Hello

I need some advice please.

I have a 2005 Mondeo 2.0tdci (130, 6 speed) that has been giving me a headache for a while now. It was cutting out after a short distance and after having the pump cleared of the fault and the injectors checked and resealed, the ECU has now been pulled out and sent for testing. The testing company (The ECU doctor, Plymouth) have said that it is beyond repair.

My question is this: I realise the ECU just cannot be swapped out for another, I understand that it is coded to the PBM and the key transponder, If I swap out these 3 items, will that work or is it coded to something else in the car too?

Ford have quoted over £1000 to replace the ECU and re-code it to the car, but that is not an option as I don’t have the cash, I can buy a second hand ECU with the same codes (5S71-12A650=HB), PBM and transponder relatively cheap, in comparison to the Ford quote. Is it as simple as swapping them over and keeping fingers crossed?

Please help, this car has been off the road for 4 months now!

Usually it' the ECU, immobiliser ring and transponder key fobs that need replacing.

You just swap the key blades so that the locks and ignition barrels stay the same.

You're better off asking at a good garage to double check first though.

Plymouth is my neck of the woods.

Can I recommend a garage that may be helpful?- Curtis Ball in Rendle Street.

Usually it' the ECU, immobiliser ring and transponder key fobs that need replacing.

You just swap the key blades so that the locks and ignition barrels stay the same.

Stoney thanks for your kind offer, but I'm in Worcestershire, the ECU was sent down to them for testing and potential repair, but they have said it cannot be repaired. I shall keep trying with my quest.

Thanks again.

Stoney thanks for your kind offer, but I'm in Worcestershire, the ECU was sent down to them for testing and potential repair, but they have said it cannot be repaired. I shall keep trying with my quest.

Thanks again.

Ah, sorry, was on my iPhone when posting and can't see locations on there.

Before you put a diff ecu back in find out why it was curupted in the first place

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club