Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smooth Rear Wiper

Bigdaddycain

Ok, i probably should have asked for some advice BEFORE i ordered this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smooth-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-Ford-Focus-1-Estate-98-04-/390333581188?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae1b1c784

...But i ordered it anyway! :D

My car is a 2005 (mk2 Estate), i realize the smooth rear wiper is for the mk1 estate... My query though... Has anybody fitted one of these to a mk2?

My other question... Anybody on here actually modified a mk2 focus estate car?

I've been out and measured my old ugly rear wiper, it's an inch and a half shorter, i checked the wiper sweep, and (if the measurements given are correct) Then the new smoothy shouldn't foul anything during a sweep... The stumbling block may be the actual fitting spigot for the rear wiper arm... If the spline is a different width, then all bets are off...I'll post back on here with my findings when the wiper arrives B)

I can't see the spigot being too much different in diameter.

Just tighten or loosen the clamp to suit i reckon.

it will make it look better than the old one :)

might get me one

If its any help i fitted one of these to my 2008 estate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-ESTATE-FLAT-REAR-WIPER-ARM-BLADE-2002-2008-/140727940123?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c409f41b

I know it's for a Mondeo but it fits and works a treat and being an aero type blade it matches the front

If its any help i fitted one of these to my 2008 estate.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c409f41b

I know it's for a Mondeo but it fits and works a treat and being an aero type blade it matches the front

Looks good :) Is it simple plug & play? Is it the same length as the old one?

If memory serves me correctly its slightly longer than the original but theres no fouling on anything as it sweeps

Cheers chaps... The mondeo rear arm & blade it is then if the older focus estate "smoothy"doesn't fit B)

Isn't it odd? every time i've walked round the rear of the car today i've made a point of looking at the rear wiper... then shake my head with disgust at it's "metalness" :D

ive got one of these wiper arms if anyone is interested £15 including postage from ireland,

its brand new genuine ford part, no wiper though, just the smooth arm fit all mk2 focus but im not sure if the estate one is different.

The estate rear wiper is arrow straight Lenny... I think the hatches have a bend to them don't they?

The estate rear wiper is arrow straight Lenny... I think the hatches have a bend to them don't they?

Hi Ste,

yes the hatch model has a bend next to the motor section like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-WIPER-ARM-BLADE-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-2005-2006-2007-2008-/280810832577?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4161a142c1

If anyone needs them here are the measurements for the wipers:

Original metal one: 355mm (14") overall length. Blade length 280mm (11")

Mondeo smooth with flat blade: 395mm (15.5") overall length. Blade length is the same as above.

Hope this helps anyone looking to change

Cheers chaps... The mondeo rear arm & blade it is then if the older focus estate "smoothy"doesn't fit B)

Isn't it odd? every time i've walked round the rear of the car today i've made a point of looking at the rear wiper... then shake my head with disgust at it's "metalness" :D

urgh tell me about it, ive only had my estate a week and i cant help but think they pulled it off a 1987 nissan bluebird. im gonna give the mondeo wiper a whirl i think

Darren... You'll be happy to hear that your Nissan Bluebird (great correlation by the way) wiper can happily be chucked in the bin, actually, bend it first, then blow it up (the wiper, not the bin! ) :D

The new smooth rear wiper bolts straight on (you was right stoney, the spigot size is identical) and i think the new wiper looks way better, and should be more effective as the sweep area is increased ;)

DSC00288-1.jpg

they are punto mk2 wipers same mod for the mk1 focus whip them off a punto at the scrappy and save a fortune

AH! Nice one Arthur! So that's what car they are from! I looked under the arm to see if it gave away which manufacturer it came from (i recognised it wasn't Ford at least) All i could find was a small "BOSCH" insignia....

UGH! I've got a bit of FIAT! On my Ford! I feel a bit queazy now... :wacko:

Are you sure? Bigdaddycain wiper is straight and as far as I can see on eBay the one from punto mk2 isn't.

The mystery deepens! :huh:

UGH! I've got a bit of FIAT! On my Ford! I feel a bit queazy now... :wacko:

Think of it this way, if you had a Ka then you would have a bit of a Ford on your Fiat.

Think of it this way, if you had a Ka then you would have a bit of a Ford on your Fiat.

Ha ha, yeah good point clive! :lol:

That wiper is very similar to the MK7 Fiestas but the Fiestas has a bit of a kink in it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club