Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot And Service At Dees Of Croydon

starfield

Hi All,

i just got my car serviced at the dealership on Friday. They charged me £200.

They change the oil and filter, did a health check on the car and replaced all wipers (x3) and the rear indicators and did the MOT.

The car passed with no advisory.

I also got a courtesy car for a day (61 reg ford Ka with start/stop)

What do you think of the price?

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the wipers nor the indicators. They say the indicators have started to show white light (the orange film on the bulb have started to disintegrate) which is a MOT fail and the wipers were smearing (I swear they don't).

what do you think on that?

Flippin good price from a Ford dealer! Aren't the Wiper Blades daft money from Ford? (my mate told me they are £40 per blade) :blink:

If the blades were original, they were probably due replacement anyway (or near enough) and i suppose they were just playing it safe...

Considering it was a main dealer, i'd say the price was as fair as could be expected...

i,d say that was to good of a price from a main stealer not unless they have finally realised that by ripping people off constantly they get less business. the sooner other retailers realise this the better .

the dealer service centre up here (dont sell cars, just fix them) are cheaper than most garages...its just the part prices on some bits are a little short of ridiculous. Price compared to offers up here are bit OTT...currently jennings are doing a full service for £99...not sure on what they call a full service etc.

did you get the stamp in the book? :lol:

i do all my own servicing and you can get the oil and all the filters for around £50. 1 hour of time and your done. about 3 weeks ago i got all my brake pads replaced, i sourced parts £40, a work mate fitted them for £30. Wiper Blades from unipart, approx £20 for all 3....just as good as oem.

but i see why you took it to dealer before MOT...so it defo passes and get everything checked over etc.

main dealers round my way do service and m.o.t for 149 quid and are cheaper than the independant garages plus if like me you have the aftermarket warranty that stamp is a must have

Sounds a decent price as its from a ford dealer and used ford parts.

Just had wife's Fiesta serviced & MOT'd at Peugeot - (PSA Engine) £129.00 and book stamped.

• 5 years later...

DO NOT USE DEES OF CROYDON (also known as FORD CROYDON) TO service YOUR VEHICLE.

1)   They don’t do thinks they promise to do (i.e. look at your car when it is booked in, or return any of your calls)

2)   They never apologise for mistakes and become very arrogant when questioned

3)   They are expensive and mislead you about the costs (hiding things like inspection charges)

4)   They do things you don’t ask them to do (like spending time videoing your car when in fact you want it fixed)

5)   They have a bad reputation – just check the independent reviews on the internet which show 20 complaints to every 1 success.

I prefer to let the oil bleed for a hour, I think they bleed it for 20mins. Though I do not know if they made a video off it....

in my experience it is not rare for the orange laquer on the indicator bulbs to start flaking off. Bit annoying. I prefer the old days of an orange lens and clear bulb. The orange bulbs just introduced the problem that did not exsit before

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club