Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping Zetec Stereo For A Sony One

Rich.stone

iNath this may be one for you, iv got titanium with non dab sony what would need to be updates for dab and what sort of cost?

Not sure on this one I'm afraid, at a guess £300/400 for the part from Ford.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I know this is impossible but here's hoping. I currently have a fiesta titanium with the standard screen and hu without bluetooth and USB. I recently bought a Sony radio with cd player and sony screen. When I connected the screen it didn't work and the wiring at the back of my cd player has two connectors where as the Sony only has one (different sizes ). Also the Sony control panel is the only thing that works. Do I need to add the bluetooth and usb module for this to work is there no hope for it. Cheers.

Hi, I know this is impossible but here's hoping. I currently have a fiesta titanium with the standard screen and hu without Bluetooth and USB. I recently bought a Sony radio with cd player and sony screen. When I connected the screen it didn't work and the wiring at the back of my cd player has two connectors where as the Sony only has one (different sizes ). Also the Sony control panel is the only thing that works. Do I need to add the Bluetooth and usb module for this to work is there no hope for it. Cheers.

If going from non-Bluetooth stereo to the Sony one as well as a different wiring loom you will also require the car to be reprogrammed by Ford or a mechanic with a Ford IDS. Dealers may refuse to do the work though or charge extortionate prices.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Do you reckon its do able or should i just give up hope lol I hate the small standard screen why ford would even sell it is beyond me, so i've purchased a bluetooth module off eBay if installing this and getting it activated will this enable me to install the blue sony radio screen as it wont work at the min, if not i might just give up and settle for that after market screen i've seen and do you know of any othr items/wires i might be mising out on. Also all i need now is the wiring so I can fit the sony cd player as there is two wires in mine where as this new one has just one and even the fm connector seems different (think it might have to do with DAB ?) but i don't even know where I would get the wiring looms or even the part no.

Update: here is what i have at the minute, i've just red online that the small standard screen can not be interchanged for the larger one so don't think im gonna have any luck but i suppose thats what happens if u buy second hand. I don't understand why ford has made it so impossible

photomsb.jpg

What stereo did you have in it before hand because I have a mk6.5 and it's got the standard 6000CD model in but I was looking at the Sony ones because they look so much better

Mines was the standard mk7 with the 6 numbered silver radio console I bought the Sony radio screen and console and cd player but the only thing that works as u can see from the photo is the Sony console with 9 numbered buttons on it however only the 1st 6 work.

• 4 years later...

I have a fiesta style with just the aux and USB would this still fit, would the bluetooth still work or would I need additional connections???

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, am interested in changing to Sony facsia on my 2011 Zetec S, do you have to get one from same model year as have had people say the years need to match? Can get 2010 one off the bay just need to make sure it will be ok.

thanks 

Chris

Very interesting topic as i soon will have mk7 Titanium in the next 2-3 weeks.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, i managed to find a Sony Fascia on eBay from a 2010 car, swapped over today and all working fine, from this:

QunuHJPh.jpg

to

Th9cb4th.jpg

Hi Guys, have managed to swap my standard fascia to a Sony one today, was a straight swap, i had a head unit with usb, bluetooth etc

QunuHJPh.jpg

To:

Th9cb4th.jpg

Hi Guys, have managed to swap my standard fascia to a Sony one today, was a straight swap, i had a head unit with usb, bluetooth etc
QunuHJPh.jpg
To:
Th9cb4th.jpg

Is this the complete unit you changed like facia with buttons, cd unit & display unit?
Also what year is your car?
Yunii

Just now, yunii said:

Is this the complete unit you changed like facia with buttons, cd unit & display unit?
Also what year is your car?
Yunii

So all i replaced was the fascia, so the buttons.  The display, cd unit was all left as is, the Sony can have a blue and white screen but i have not found one yet, My car is a 2011 Zetec S

Chris

• 1 month later...

I have a simple quest... my radio is the basic with screen 2 lines (no sync, no bluetooth, no gps)
20170311_105937.jpg

I buy a Sony panel, arrive in few days... i would like to know if with my CD box and screen, works fine? Or i need change something more?
Thanks

IMAG0385.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. all works fine... The Button mute and phone, dont works cause the old painel standart dont had this... But change (standart to Sony) works well :)

• 1 year later...

For Dab you will need dab antenna & also even if compatible. As for bluetooth you need module & mic. Even then you need to ensure you have wiring loom . Dab would need loom as well . Then also need to enable it in ecu thru ford other software .
Yunii

Fiesta 2016, plug and play.

And activate MFD 5 and nav sat with Forscan

1485858119_Stand12.jpg.b975023f8dbd706c9ebc4c45f527ff7e.jpg

IMG_20180508_173200.thumb.jpg.4ad22e89cd0a2a7a40970e186d3ea47b.jpg

• Like 1