Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7- Throttle Hesitation, Is It Normal?

blade

Ok,so here is the problem: when I press the pedal only 1/3 or 1/2 down, the car accelerates nicely, but if I put my foot down,lets say 2/3 down,or flat out the car hesitates, and does not accelerate as it should....

Was wondering is it the same on all mk7 Fiestas, or do I have a problem? Being a electronic throttle system, it could be a faulty throttle sensor,or a faulty pedal? What do you think?

is your car a diesel?

Nope, 1.25 petrol.... I know you are going to say: "it is only a 1.25,what else do you want" but the car didnt react in the same way before

Nope, 1.25 petrol.... I know you are going to say: "it is only a 1.25,what else do you want" but the car didnt react in the same way before

No, he was going to say there is a lot of turbo lag on the 1.6 diesel ;)

Ok, I have solved the problem! :D

To anyone having the same problem,here is a DIY soulution: if you are having the same problem, it appears that the cars ECU remembers the way you drive,so if you do a lot of city driving (like I do) the car will think you drive like a granny ;) and the electronic throttle will react in the same way, therefore the car will feel slugish and underpowered.... The SOLUTION is:

step1: raise the bonnet

step 2: turn off all lights in the car, as well as the radio etc. (dont lock your car!!!)

step 3: disconnect the + battery lead for 30 minutes

step 4: reconnect the battery and wait for 5 minutes

step 5: turn on the engine and wait for 2-3 minutes

step 6: go for a ride (possibly a long straight road) and floor it through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear for as long as you can

and that is it,the ECU thinks you are a !Removed! mad man, and the throttle reacts in the same way :D hope this helps ;)

Nice !! If it happens now i know what to do. Budem probao :)

Sweet. Wondered why my 1.25 felt sluggish after driving around town ! Still feels ok over 2000 revs tho (: my bro was suprised at the acceleration for a 1.25. Still gonna wait a few years to get some years no claims on the insurance before upping to a bigger engine, hopefully some people have done a few engine swaps by then ?

Might try this cos my mpg is shocking 51mpg when I'm motorway driving everyday for 50 miles 70mph constant speed

Hmmmm. The are a number of threads with people (me included) worried by sharply sinking MPG and lack of power. There are a number of potential solutions too. Is it worth a sticky to avoid mulitple threads?

Hmmmm. The are a number of threads with people (me included) worried by sharply sinking MPG and lack of power. There are a number of potential solutions too. Is it worth a sticky to avoid mulitple threads?

Could be, I just spoke to Ford, they said if the problem appears again, I should give them a call, they said it could be just two things:

1.ECU needs updating with "up to date" software that eliminates all such problems

2. faulty throttle pedal sensor

On the other hand, the new Fiesta ECU seems to be low quality, a friend of mine has a Fezzi 1.4 tdci, and his ECU broke down, really expensive to repair

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to stop this for good?

It sounds like something we will have to keep repeating as time goes on.

Yes. Choose : 1. Drive like a maniac

or 2. drive like grandpa.

:P

Haha that is a solution!

But for someone like me when I have to drive through rush hour twice a day like a granny, but then wants to drive like a yobo in the evening/weekends it's a bit frustrating! I'd probably prefer it not to bother!

I hear you. Got the same problem. The problem is where you can't drive normal, so you choke the car. Nasty.

Yeah exactly that. It doesn't seem to be able to get the right balance. It's either an asthmatic vegetable, or a hare on speed.

I don't particulalry want to have to drive like the stig down my road every morning to get it to wake up while doing the same to my neighbours.

The removing battery fix looks good, I might give it a try when I book up some holidays to see what effect it has, and if it starts from scratch.

People who have feeling, or better sense for gas respons, can feel the difference. It's a light change in the car. when you drive (when you have a chance) on the edge of normal and sport, then you can't see the difference. But the traffic doesn't give you that chance to drive. I felt it today when I was driving, and decided, the traffic is not that big, let's give it a go. drove a bit faster than others, even the BMW didn't catch me hahah. And the hesitation disappeared.

It's that initial kick in the exhaust pipe thats needed. It doesn't take long to come back, but it's just annoying. For me anyway!

My focus had this... Turned out the link had a faulty washer our something. Needed new throttle unit. Prob best to take to ford ... Esp if under warranty