Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005> Mondeo TDCi General Query

Mintyfresh

Hi Gang,

I'm new to FOC!

I used to run a 2004 Mondeo TDCi 130 as a company car and it was a fantastic machine with only one fault, I believe

it had a camshaft sensor fault which resulted in it not wanting to start one day and when it did it sounded really rough..

.. a 3rd party recovery company made this 10 times worse by revving the hell out if it and contaminating the injector

assembly by undoing the beads and trying to check the flow of diesel.......muppets, Ford paid for the camshaft

fault/cracked head but we had to take the 3rd party recovery company to court about the £1500+ for the injector assembly......anyway

I am now looking to buy one of these superb machines with my own money 2005 onward TDCi and the DMF topic seems

to be a fairly hot one, for those that don't know what a DMF stands for it is a 'Dual Mass Flywheel' and when it requires

replacement it means a new starter motor too, it is also recommended to get the clutch replaced too meaning an

expensive invoice....

Question 1 is what is the typical life of this group of parts ie replacement intervals?.........do they fail at random

mileages like the Honda Accord CDTi's have been found to do?

Question 2 I've seen a number of comments about Injector assembly problems, is this something of a common fault as

I remember Ford's bill on my company car which to be fair was down to negligence but wow was it a corker and

something I'd like to avoid!

I just want to make it clear to all the potential or current Mondeo owners out there that this is not a panic mongering

message, you have or are going to buy a superb class leading car but better to know the potential pitfalls of any car

before handing over cash...

Cheers for now and I look forward to the feedback from the FOC clan

Regards

Chris

DMF is a problem well recorded on most Ford TDCi sections. As are injector failings. Both very well known issues with earlier TDCi lumps. Dont know to what extent they have sorted them out as they are getting older now. Mondeos have also always been heavy on brakes, warping discs more than needing pads. Other than that, you cant really go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

The early TDCI engines had a few issues mainly relating to faulty sensors on the fuel side of things and I'd agree they're heavy on brakes mine needed new front discs and pads at 50k and new rear pads at 65k.The prices on parts and labour are pretty good especially compared to Honda!Speaking as a former Honda owner!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club