Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth To Bt+Usb - Panel Removal?

langers2k

I've read quite a few posts about this subject and I've decided I'm going to attempt it...

The car currently has bluetooth and I've managed to find the module, I've also managed to source a replacement with USB (8M5T-19C112-AP) which should be with me in a few days. Contacted ford parts uk with a list of FINIS(?) numbers (which I believe are correct) to see if they can supply me with the two USB cables, facia and USB socket that I need. The IDS section looks easy enough assuming I can find someone around Cambridgeshire to do it for me.

My only real concern is the routing of the USB cable from the module to the facia - I know a few of you have done this and I'm guessing others have taken various panels off so I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some insight on exactly how the panels come off so I can get in with the minimum of effort.

The only one I've attempted so far is the one which the module attaches to which once I found out where the pins were, was surprisingly easy...

Any advice or pointers on how to get into the centre console and the *correct* route for the new cable?

Can you clarify what you mean by 2 USB cables as only 1 is required?

The parts you need are listed here.

The only other panels you will need to remove is the big one from passenger footwell to gearstick (help in by clips and a single plastic screw/rivet which you can see) and the one around the base of the gearstick which you need to pull directly upwards.

I was under the impression that there were two USB cables which connected to make one complete one: FINIS 1520708 and 1520710. Then again I've read that many topics it's very possible I've managed to pull up the wrong ones...

The other two codes I had found were correct (although one was outdated) so it was only the cable I was wrong about. I'll have a look at the other panels tonight to see if I can get them out.

Thanks for the quick response!

I was under the impression that there were two USB cables which connected to make one complete one: FINIS 1520708 and 1520710. Then again I've read that many topics it's very possible I've managed to pull up the wrong ones...

The post I've linked you too had the correct part numbers from when I ordered them.

The USB cable is a single cable that runs from the module to the connection at base of gearstick. Only problem is that it comes as part of the loom and it's all taped together with some sticky felt stuff, have to sit there and cut them apart. From memory the cable was just shy of £60.

I'll see what ford parts suggest or at least what they say about the part numbers I've given. As a reference, this is where I got the (possibly incorrect) part numbers from: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/8576-adding-usb-to-a-mk7-with-bluetooth/page__st__210__p__131646#entry131646

Either way, I'll add up any information I get about them.

Hmm, that's completely different to that parts I use (and I've done a few installs now)

Have you already paid for them and if so how much was the cable(s)?

I've only requested info on them today so as of yet I have no info on pricing, if I've not heard back tomorrow I'm going to start ringing round to see what prices I can get on them - hoping it's much less than 60 quid for the cable though.

Pricing came back:

Ford-Cable Assy With Short Floor Console BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Part Number: 1520708(QTY1)

Retail Price: £36.61

You Pay: £32.95

Ford-IP Cable Assy With Short Floor Console BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Part Number: 1520710(QTY1)

Retail Price: £29.19

You Pay: £26.19

Ford-Control Assy Headphone Volume 3.5MM BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Part Number: 1497339(QTY1)

Retail Price: £7.32

You Pay: £6.58

Ford-Centre Console Panel BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Part Number: 1572824

Retail Price: £3.52

You Pay: £3.17

Looks like it is a slightly different cable/socket and doesn't (from the pictures) appear to have the mini-USB connector as the picture you posted did. Do you know what the mini-USB is for and if it's still connected to anything once you removed the excess wiring from the loom?

Do you know what the mini-USB is for and if it's still connected to anything once you removed the excess wiring from the loom?

The mini-USB plugs in to the module, one of the most important parts :P

imag0127ds.jpg

The other parts are:

1710952 - Wire Assy - audio (£52.26 inc VAT)

imag0344tb.jpgimag0345m.jpg

1715190 - Control assy (£5.89 inc VAT)

imag0343r.jpg

1572824 - Cover (£4.10 inc VAT)

imag0341v.jpg

• 7 months later...

Where does the wiring loom (1710952) connect to? (is this the main wiring loom?)

Does this connect behind the stereo? Which connection is it for? the 1 or 2 plug?

Thanks, Callum

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club