Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4Tdci (2010) Humming Noise When Cold...help!!

Raptor

Please can anyone help me.... I have just recently purchased a 2010 Fiesta 1.4tdci. All is fine but....... When you start the car after you have left it, it developes a rather strange humming noise from behind the dash (well it seems like that area) This is amplified when it is rellay cold outside. I have taken this back to Ford and they inform me this is a charactaristic of the car. The noise is just like those anoying vuvuzela of the African World cup. I am totally stuck. It is going back to ford in a weeks time. They had it for a week the last time.. Anyone please help if you have heard of this so I can inform Ford just to help them......

I have taken this back to Ford and they inform me this is a charactaristic of the car.

Hi

The old Charactaristic of the car cookie....rubbish

If it is a charactaristic of the car then ask them to show you the noise on another Fiesta 1.4tdci of the same year and see the excuses roll...they use this excuse when they cant find the fault.

Again without hearing the noise it is virtually impossible to say what it might be.

I am not 100% how Ford Customer service work but I would give them a ring and set up a case so its all down on file at head office...then give the garage another chance at finding fault..they should have to liase with said case and report back, if they cant find fault take to next nearest Ford Garage for a second opinion....If the noise is very noticeable then I can put money on its not a "Charactaristic"

If you keep putting pressure on Ford should request the car and get the technical guys at H/O to get involved...dont let it rest till your happy and the noise has gone.

Sorry couldnt be much more help

You have said what I am going to do. I am going to take it and then ask them to show me another one and see if it makes this sound, and I wont let it rest. I spent alot of money on this from my savings and I want it to run ok. Fair enough it s not so loud in the warm weather, but come winter it will hum away like a good one..... i have a case going all on record. It went to my local branch and thats where they used the "it does that" so it went to Birmingham as they seem to have heard this sound before, but they say they could not get it to do it. ummmmm, so its come back, and it is now going back to local Branch..... What a nightmare

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved. Ford replaced fuel lines and brackets. Done deal