Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Air Bag Cover

petrolcol

Hi all,

Just got myself a 2009 1.4 Panther Black Titanium Fiesta, 14000 FSH, everything great ,absolutely love it ,although there are a few little niggles to sort out,a few scratches and stone chips, but most are coming out,the one thing that does bug me though,there is a deep scratch and scuffing on the steering wheel airbag cover, god only knows what people do with there cars, can this be removed or replaced with a new one,never done this job before ,is it a diy job or is it stealer only.

Thanks Regards

Col.

If you mean the black part with the Ford logo in the center that is the airbag and comes as a complete unit (from memory around £280 from Ford)

Since the steering airbag cover is hard plastic, it is unlikely that you will be able to remove the deep scratch.

The best option is to replace it. Just like any Ford piece of plastic, it does not come cheap.

Ford Focus airbag cover is available from eBay for £79.00 + £10.00 P&P:

http://www.ebay.co.u...w-/330637546391

You will have to search around and find out which one will fit your car.

It may prove difficult and expensive to get hold of this part.

In my opinion you do not require to go to a dealer to get the steering airbag cover replaced, you will be able to do it just as well, just by being careful and patient.

Just my luck , more £££s, could you give me some pointers as to how i go about replacing the cover or is it a case of replacing the whole airbag assembly,

Thanks

Col.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club