Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio Update..

cuke

Many thanks jbeer, I don't have access to a computer at the moment but will sort it out soon. Will that be the actual update I need then? For a 2011 Focus? Thanks again.

Sent from Ews iPad.

Should be fine for the mk2.5's and yep includes all the necessary files

The latest available update was released back in november 2012. The update could be downloaded from several official Ford websites. Some time ago Ford removed all links to the Audio Update from their websites.

Some time ago I E-mailed Ford about this issue. I got the answer that Ford ended the support for the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which was available for the Focus MK2.5 (and some other Ford models). Because the support ended Ford also removed the Ford Audio Update from their websites. Novero (the manufacturer of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules did also stop the production of the retrofit kits.

Newer Phone models are officially not supported by the system and may cause problems (even with the latest available Ford Audio update). I buy/sell Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules from time to time and noticed this problem a few times. On my own car I solved this by installing a new type Focus MK3 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module.

The Ford audio update is suitable for all Focus MK2.5 and early MK3 models with an USB connection. If the Ford audio update is not suitable or already installed you will get a message on the radio screen and the update proces will not start

• 3 months later...

Hi JW1982

Any idea if this will work on my 2012/62 Plate Focus Tit with Sony DAB factory fit radio ?

Hi All

I think Ford did it to print money, when we all go in for updates its their licence !!!

Hi JW1982

Any idea if this will work on my 2012/62 Plate Focus Tit with Sony DAB factory fit radio ?

The Ford Audio Update is only suitable for the early versions of the Focus MK3 which have the same Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module as the Focus MK2.5. The part number of this module is 8M5T-19C112-XX. On this type of module the Voice control language can not be changed.

Later versions of the Focus MK3 do have the same Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system but have a different type of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. The part number of this module is CS7T-14D212-XX. On this type of module the Voice control language can be changed by changing the vehicle language in the instrument cluster menu.

At a later time the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is superseded by the SYNC system. The SYNC system is a complete different system.

If your car has the first type of module you can perform the Ford Audio update. On the other modules the update will simply not work or an error will be shown on the display.

Hi JW1982

How do I know as owner without technical knowledge if mine can be updated, but from my FordEtis printout states my car was built 10/07/2012

and my VIN number to get that is WF0KXXGCBKCD71917, (ICE-Mid Audio Branded +DAB, Ice Feature Pack 8 ??)

So I dont know if mine is Early or Late, but I think from memory there is a Language option change in Audio setup menu

Comments please

I checked the Ford Ecat parts catalog software and based on your VIN number your car should have the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system with module part number CS7T-14D212-AG. The Ford Audio Update is not suitable for this type of module.

Hi thanks for that info, not being a techie i needed a second opinion..

Will installing the latest update also install past updates? Or does each update have to be done in order separately?

No installing an update overrides previous firmware and there is no rollback as far as I know of

• 7 months later...

This is only for the mk2.5 if you have a mk3 then it's a different software set up.

Either way you would update via the USB port

The Ford Audio Update is also suitable for the early Focus MK3. This update does only affect the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. The early MK3 did have exactly the same Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module as the Focus MK2.5

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club