Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying New Fiesta Metal

pritchardavid

Hi there

I have already signed the paper work for a new Fiesta Metal, using Ford Options.

I haven't got the car yet, it's been built, it was already built before I even signed the paperwork (The car was built on 30/03/12)

I'm having second thought's now :(

The extras on this car I believe from what I remember is:

- Frozen White Colour

- Alloy (Silver)- 17"x 7", 5-Spoke , 205/40 tyres

- bluetooth & Voice Control

- City Pack

- Privacy Glass

- Maybe Spare Wheel

I have at the moment a Fiesta Zetec S (Built in 2010)

This has nearly all the same extras

- Old One Doesn't have Heated Seats, New One Does

- Old One Doesn't have Door Scuff Plates, New One Does

- Does the Metal have the lluminated gearstick as we have the scuff plates, which in the normall pack you get the gearstick in it too.

- New One Doesn't have Power Start Button, Old One Does :( REALLY LIKE THAT BUTTON LOL

I would like to have the following extras on the new one if possible.

- Frozen White Colour

- White alloys (Can't Get This Unless Respray, Prefer Silver To Black, how much you think it would cost to respray to white?)

- Rear View Camera (Includes Rear Parking Sensors, auto dimming mirror, auto headlights and auto wipers)

- Sony DAB Radio, bluetooth & Voice control

- Privacy Glass

- Keyless entry including Ford 'Power' Start/Stop Button or Just The Power Button

Can you still order a Fiesta Metal from the factory? As I would like these extras!

Also how easy would it be to apply these two decals to the car? (Blue Colour)

Are these the official ones, the company is licenced by Ford.

http://www.dmb.uk.co...stripes#colours

http://www.dmb.uk.co...t-viper-stripes

This would make it look like a white S1600 from the outside of it. (Hopefully with white wheels too)

It's a shame you cant order the S1600s anymore, I love the performance blue colour!

Many Thanks

EDIT: What exactly is the difference between the Ford DAB Radio to the Sony One? I know the look is different! More Speakers? Sony Speakers? Sony Woofer?

After you've signed the paperwork I don't believe you'll be able to back out without financial penalty - but they only way to find out is to speak to your dealer.

Apart from respraying the alloys (quotes vary, I reckon about £200) the other mods cannot or would be very expensive to retrofit (auto lights, mirrors, lights, DAB, camera, start button etc)

Hi Im also a Fiesta Metal owner collected me last week, you will be very pleased with it in my opinion, but If you have already signed the finance documents and all that isnt it to late to cancel or change the order you signed for ? my car was built 17/1/12 and i collected it last week. Why are you having seconds thoughts on it ? in my opinion the reason the metal is different from other fiesta iis because of the black wheels, dont see the point in having silver alloys (my opinion).

No the metal dosent have illuminated gearstick.

and yes you can still order metals from the factory but i got quoted 2 months wait for one. is it worth the wait for the extras you want as the one you have ordered comes with a lot any way ?. and why didnt you just order the S1600 if you want the car to look like it :S

and the sony system is mainly like you say it looks different i think it has 2 extra Speakers not to sure. and no sony woofer.

Liam

I also own a Metal and specifically chose it because of the engine size, leather heated seats and the black alloys, all of which make it a wonderfully unique Fiesta in my opinion. I ordered mine mid Jan with the extras I wanted and took delivery on 1st March.

Keyless entry and power button were optional extras along with the Sony radio. Did the dealer not ask you whether or not you wanted these?

Not financially sound but if you can't get out of the contract then why don't you get the car, take out a loan to buy out the ford options, sell the car privately and then look for a second hand S1600. If that's not possible then put it down to experience, enjoy what the Metal does give you and then at the end of your contract trade in and get what you want next time.

Nope dealer didn't ask me for any extras, this one was all ready built the day before when I ordered it.

Looking at the terms and conditions, I can back out of this

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/FinancefromFordCredit/FinanceFAQs/tabid=tab2

Can I cancel my finance agreement?

You will have 14 days to withdraw from a regulated finance agreement starting the day after you receive confirmation that the agreement has been executed by us.

It isn't been 14 days yet.

If I can't cancel im not fussed, i'll still enjoy this nice car :)

Reason I want a white colour of the car is that I have a black one at the moment and want a change and Im not a big fan of black alloys.

Reason I wasn't really looking at a S1600 is that are harder get new and probs been sitting there for quite some time? and you can't order from factory so even less chance of getting the extras I want as there is not many around.

Ok I have just looked at the site I used where I brought my old car.

Autoebid - All this site does is you put an auction up on there site of what car you want with the extras you want and the car dealer give you a price for it, and they should get to the target price or better. (For a 321 fee to list a auction)

Wondering if I should print this list out, hand it to a few dealers, see what they can do? to try and avoid this fee.

Two weird options on this, it has an option of Performance Blue and White alloys. This is very weird considering they supply these options for this model!

Option I just chose on the autoebid site and there guide price

Paintwork UK RRP Max Price car-oo.gifMetallic - Midnight sky £495 £396 car-oo.gifMetallic - Panther black £495 £396 car-oo.gifMetallic - Performance blue £495 £396 car-oo.gifSpecial solid - Frozen white £200 £160 Trim UK RRP Max Price Leather upholstery - Ebony with blue stitching £0 £0 Driver Convenience UK RRP Max Price bluetooth connection with voice control, USB port and trip computer In Pack In Pack car-oo.gif car-in.gifRear view camera + rear parking sensor + auto dimming mirror + auto headlight and wiper £475 £380 Entertainment UK RRP Max Price car-oo.gif car-in.gifDAB radio module with USB + bluetooth + voice control £275 £220 car-oo.gifMP3 compatible radio/single CD player STD STD car-oo.gif car-in.gifSony DAB radio with CD and bluetooth with USB + voice control £475 £380 Exterior Features UK RRP Max Price Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers In Pack In Pack Privacy glass £75 £60 car-oo.gifSpecial solid paint £200 £160 Packs UK RRP Max Price car-oo.gifCity pack - Fiesta £300 £240 Safety UK RRP Max Price Curtain airbags £275 £220 Security UK RRP Max Price car-in.gifKeyless entry with 'Ford Power' starter button £425 £340 Keyless Start In Pack In Pack Wheels UK RRP Max Price car-oo.gif17" 5 spoke silver alloy wheels £50 £40 car-oo.gif17" 5 spoke white alloy wheels STD STD car-oo.gifFull size steel spare wheel £95 £76 car-oo.gifTyre inflation kit STD STD

Total RRP £17,860 Target Price £14,326 Min Saving £3,534

You have 14 days on the finance agreement, but it is a separate contract to purchase the car and the dealer could still pursue you for their costs depending on the small print.

How do you find out what date you're car was built?

Go to http://www.etis.ford.com then click the 'Vehicle' link near the top. Enter either your registration or vin number and you'll see loads of details about the car such as the build and registration dates, what options it has, etc.

How do you find out what date you're car was built?

And if and option has the word "LESS" before it, it means your car hasn't got that certain option. And if it says "WITH" before it, it's mean you have obviously got that option.

Liam

Thanks Martyns and metal -Liam I have done this and it's very interesting to find out the date our cars were built mine was built end of January...

Thanks Martyns and metal -Liam I have done this and it's very interesting to find out the date our cars were built mine was built end of January...

No problem mate, i know it is quite interesting, i ordered my car beginning of march got it last week and the car was built 17/01/2012 which is a while ago.

I have a Metal in white and like you I did not want the black wheels. I looked at getting powder coated and the cheapest I found was about £40 per wheel. Or you could just swap with someone on the forum?

However, when the car arrived I totally changed my mind and now I love the black wheels with the white car! I think you will be really pleased with it. I think it is a great car to be honest, it has exceeded my expectations so far.

Someone mentioned the Sony DAB unit - this is the only extra I ordered and think it was well worth it. Not just for the DAB but it comes with 8 Speakers (pioneer I believe) and has sub speaker in the door cards (not a separate sub but sounds great anyway). It sounds fantastic!

Great car - you will love it!

Just checked mine. Built 31st Jan after ordering mid Jan. Is interesting that it is registered as a 1.6L Zetec-S EFI TIVCT 134PS.

Is yours the same Liam or was it down as a Metal?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club