Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Mud Flaps

Andrew Barke

Hi All,

so i have a new mk3 focus and the dirt it picks up along the sides is unreal, so was planning on fitting some mud flaps the the front and back, but been quoted £90 from a local dealer, but have seen these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c3d4293e and a few short vids on youtube about fitting them, but is it as easy as taking 2 screws out, fitting them replacing said screws??

any and all information/help appreciated!!

thanks

Did these on another car (not Ford) and you removed existing screws for wheel arch liners, fitted mud flaps and re-used original screws to hold mud flaps in place. On the rears though you had to drill a hole for a new self tapper but with the flaps in place you just drilled through them as the template.

Took about 1hr to fit all 4 but as said, wasn't on a Ford.

I had the dealer fit mine as part of the deal, but they do look very easy to fit.

In fact the front ones are not that strongly held in place to be honest, only really secured by those horrible plastic 'pop in' rivets. So be careful when you are washing the front flaps with a sponge or brush because you can dislodge the lower rivets a bit to easy. :wacko:

You shouldnt have to drill any holes on the Fords. They use the original screws and holes plus clips that are provided with the flaps. Certainly the case with the Mk 2.5.

These will probably be the best upgrade you can buy as it will save the sills from chipping and rust as well as keeping the dirt off it.

yeah the fronts can be a bit fiddly though and the clips confuse some but its a worth while upgrade doesnt stop all the crud going up the sides but 80 percent of it i fitted to both my mk1 and 2 makes you wonder why they just dont do it at the factory

thanks for all the replys, will get them ordered either today or tomoz, save giving ford and extra £40ish for the pleasure!!