Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Shape Ford Fiesta Paint Code??

KELLEY_V

hi, im new here, so dont know if im posting in the right section...

basically im having trouble locating my paint code.. ive bought the zetec s bumber spoilers ect and need them painted...

ive looked in my door sill on the plate, but just says my chassis number, weights then JA8

but ja8 which i thought was the paint code, when typing into google nothing comes up.. so cant be that.

my car is a 2011 fiesta zetec, in a dark grey, but on a bright sunny day turns mauve and green....

any help appreciated.....

photo-152.jpg

I'm assuming your plate is personalised as nothing is showing on ford etis or else you would get your colour from there.

I'd go to Ford and get them to confirm your colour code.

I'm assuming your plate is personalised as nothing is showing on ford etis or else you would get your colour from there.

I'd go to Ford and get them to confirm your colour code.

That plate could result in a tug, incorrect spacing. B)

That plate could result in a tug, incorrect spacing. B)

I refrained from stating that fact.

Some people think also that altering spacing or adding spurious plate bolts in strategic positions (and strangely once some insulation tape that the driver swore blind was put there by "someone as a prank") is acceptable.

ANPR systems have some trouble reading the plates accurately but when i get a misread error i just pull them anyway so as to point out the error of their ways.

Ofroad only please people. ;)

It ain't worth the fine. <_<

Sorry to put the official hat on but it has to be said.

What truly annoys me is the companies that sell misspaced plates and don't fully spell out the legalities to the customer.

I refrained from stating that fact.

Some people think also that altering spacing or adding spurious plate bolts in strategic positions (and strangely once some insulation tape that the driver swore blind was put there by "someone as a prank") is acceptable.

ANPR systems have some trouble reading the plates accurately but when i get a misread error i just pull them anyway so as to point out the error of their ways.

Ofroad only please people. ;)

It ain't worth the fine. <_<

Sorry to put the official hat on but it has to be said.

What truly annoys me is the companies that sell misspaced plates and don't fully spell out the legalities to the customer.

Once pulled over, the whole car will be given the once over, the offences could mount up. It's not worth the risk. :o

I think we're scaring them Stormin. ;)

It’s for their own good, they know it makes sense. A motoring prosecution apart from the fine has insurance implications, that can hit you in your wallet for the next 5 years as all convictions must be declared. :(

Yeah plus the risk of being turned down for insurance...

Kell, you want to go to the ford etis website and enter the VIN number or the original plate number that came with your car. that will tell you, otherwise look down the side of the driver pillar to find the plate with the two digit paint code, something like H4 or similar...

Hang on a second, someone's gone on topic again. :P

+1 jeebo

Hang on a second, someone's gone on topic again. :P

+1 jeebo

They just ebb and flow. :D

They just ebb and flow. :D

I love meandering conversations. ;)

lol, special folks ;)

I love meandering conversations. ;)

Yes, we mustn’t take life too seriously. :P

lol, special folks ;)

Not the first time I've been called special. ;)

(and we subtly slip off topic again :P)

Back on topic for Kelly.

Let us know how you get on with the paint job, and please take note of the comments regarding the number plate, we are not kill joys but it will save you a lot of grief if you keep legal. :wub:

Back on topic for Kelly.

Let us know how you get on with the paint job, and please take note of the comments regarding the number plate, we are not kill joys but it will save you a lot of grief if you keep legal. :wub:

+1

Christ!! And theres me thinking.....Ud say good number plate. Lol. I have plates legally made up. This was a christmas present. Hense on the drive with tinsel on!!

Thanks for the comments.. I went on ford etis. And entered. The original plate. BL11yx? And came up. MIDNIGHT SKY. Bmze.

Thanks ive been searchin for ages.

I found out that midnight sky is a xirellic pearl

paint. Expensive then usual paint.

Thanks to everyone that helped! Xx.

Christ!! And theres me thinking.....Ud say good number plate. Lol. I have plates legally made up. This was a christmas present. Hense on the drive with tinsel on!!

Thanks for the comments.. I went on ford etis. And entered. The original plate. BL11yx? And came up. MIDNIGHT SKY. Bmze.

Thanks ive been searchin for ages.

I found out that midnight sky is a xirellic pearl

paint. Expensive then usual paint.

Thanks to everyone that helped! Xx.

Sorry Kelley,

They may have been legally made but they should have made it clear to you that the plates are for show only.

Rules for plate layout is very strict and you will get pulled and issued with a rectification notice from your local Police.

Read here for legal specifications.

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/car_numberplates_regulations.asp

BTW I really like personalised plates myself, but as a Man of the Law I am obliged to point out the legalities to you as i wouldn't want you to fall foul of your local Police.

Take photos of your car with the plates on for posting on sites, display the plates at off road shows and meets and please don't feel like i may be preaching to you, but legal plates on the road from now on will save you grief. ;)

I said legally made up, KE11 EYV. the plate on the car is for show only, it was a present, hense on the drive with tinsel on!!!!!!!

i get what your all saying. and thanks.

Sorry, misunderstood you.

I stand corrected.

Good number plates. ;) :P

No probs. Xx. Good advice thou

No probs. Xx. Good advice thou

That was a close shave stoney! But nicely got out of. :D

That was a close shave stoney! But nicely got out of. :D

As you know, diplomacy is part of the job ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club