Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Washers

dingdongdo

are the headlight washers easy enough to access and repair, also am i right in assuming that washers are an mot fail when xenons are fitted. one side does not pop out and wash. any ideas.

I think they will be a fail for mot as they are a requirement to be fitted with zenons.

As regards one not popping up, they work on water pressure as the sprays work against a spring.

You should be able to just pull them up by hand at any time against a spring that then pulls them back down once the water pressure stops.

Are there any water leaks under your car when operating the washers, if so i suggest the plastic tube has become dislodged and if you cannot pull the washer out by hand it sounds like the spring mechanism could be jammed.

Hope this helps.

many thanks i will take a look tomorrow if im home b4 dark, after reading another thread it sounds simple to remove grill and headlight. is this how rear access is gained if its not that simple, or is it bumper off?

You should be able to access the washers with the headlight out.

• 2 months later...

how did you get on with your washers, did you find out if they were a fail, i know if you have high discharge lights then if you have leveling motors fitted then they need to definetly work but as for the washers im not sure on,i thought they just needed to be secure as for the rule with loose trim and free from leaks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club