Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Estate Facelift Rear Lights - Advice Needed

Pidu

Thinking about fitting genuine facelift LED rear lights to my estate (pre-facelift model). Problem is I have already changed headlights to black ones from Zetec and tinted side indicators. New rear lights will be white. Not sure if it will look ok all together. Maybe I should change headlights back to silver ones or simply stay with standard head lights? What do you think? My car is sea grey.

Some googled photos to give you the idea:

standard rear light vs LED facelift light

9001f04f8fe9.jpg

LED lights turned on

up73827-DSC01062.jpg

So what do you think about it?

Go for it. I changed to mk2.5 rears on my hatchback.

facelift ones look better on there

Cheers mates.

Black front, white rear....... I'm not sure if this is good combination and it's the only reason I'm asking you for your advice / opinion. LED lights look great in the night, but why ford did no smoked instead of white :D

Thanks for your opinions.

Lights bought, should receive them within next few days. I think it will be nice mode as you don't see many estates with rear LED lights, honestly speaking I haven't seen any on the streets.

Thanks for your opinions.

Lights bought, should receive them within next few days. I think it will be nice mode as you don't see many estates with rear LED lights, honestly speaking I haven't seen any on the streets.

they look sweet mate,

good purchase their, and you could always purchase some light smoked film to wrap them prior to fitting, they would look good with a light smoke to tone them in with the body work better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMOKED-REAR-TAIL-LIGHT-TINT-FILM-FORD-KA-FIESTA-FOCUS-/380329297150?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588d6484fe

Thanks Lenny. I used to wrap lights with tint film for my friends but I do not want it on my car for many reasons.

Will fit new lights in due time and then decide about headlights.

Thanks Lenny. I used to wrap lights with tint film for my friends but I do not want it on my car for many reasons.

Will fit new lights in due time and then decide about headlights.

ive never used wrap on lights myself mate, so i didnt know about any bad as result.

The results are good, very good if you have skills to do it, but I don't want it because it is not legal, in case of accident it may cause a lot of trouble - I don't need that kind of things. I'm too old :D prefer peace of mind.

The results are good, very good if you have skills to do it, but I don't want it because it is not legal, in case of accident it may cause a lot of trouble - I don't need that kind of things. I'm too old :D prefer peace of mind.

i didnt know it was illegal mate,

i was talking about a light smoke the same as the indicator on your existing ones, but i suppose if it is illegal then it woild be hard to draw a line on what level of timt is legal or illegal unless its done by the manufacturer then the law can pull you i suppose.

cheers mate, i wasnt aware

and if you had the facelift model then id be looking to swap your dark headlights for my silver ones lol im looking for the black set.

Rear LED lights and new rear wiper arm fitted. Car looks different, possibly younger........ I like it. Will post some photos as soon as weather improves.

• 4 weeks later...

personally I think those black headlamps make the car look like its got guyliner on.

Do get the pics up the facelift light look well on it. Id agree with Lenny tho a smoked rear set would got very well especially with the dark body. Try put pics up also of the headlights to see what they are like mate. If the standard black ford ones they'll look well

Ford did LED rears for the MK2.5? Really? Never seen them at all on any MK2/MK2.5 ever!

They look cool though, tempted to find a pair my self!

It is easy to recognize them - they have criss-cross texture (rectangles) instead of honeycomb one. People often don't know what they are selling and you can get them cheap.

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bump this.

But I just recieved my genuine mk2.5 rear lights for my estate, which I want to mount on my mk2.

But how do I do this?

1 hour ago, Dulli said:

Sorry to bump this.

But I just recieved my genuine mk2.5 rear lights for my estate, which I want to mount on my mk2.

But how do I do this?

Create a new topic, don't bump a 5 year old one!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club