Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Wingmirror And Interior Bulbs

Andywest2k1

Hi all,

I've got a couple of queries that i'm hoping someone will be able to help me with.

Firstly,

Im in need of a new wingmirror (passenger side, complete unit). Ford has quoted me £160 for it ordering and fitting, plus the price for painting! :o

I've seen one on eBay which comes primed and ready to paint, or there is a second hand one which I would also need to paint.

Which one would you guys recommend? Or are there any other places I could be looking?

Secondly,

Im wanting to install the ambient lighting into the footwells of my ZS. I'm aware that some early ZS's have the wiring installed and its simply a case of popping the bulbs in. However, as far as i can see, there is no wiring in mine.

How hard is this to fit? Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide?

Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated.

Wing mirrors on eBay are around £50. There may be one in your colour. If not painted caps are around £20-30.

It's fairly straight forward to install yourself if you have the tools (T20 screwdriver for door panel, can't remember what size the nut is on the mirror - will find out for you)

As the the ambient lighting - if the bulb holders aren't already in place you'll need to wire it in yourself. Afraid I'm not experienced with electrics so I'll leave that to someone else!

Hi all,

I've got a couple of queries that i'm hoping someone will be able to help me with.

Firstly,

Im in need of a new wingmirror (passenger side, complete unit). Ford has quoted me £160 for it ordering and fitting, plus the price for painting! :o

I've seen one on ebay which comes primed and ready to paint, or there is a second hand one which I would also need to paint.

Which one would you guys recommend? Or are there any other places I could be looking?

I'm meeting Nathan to hopefully enable powerfold mirrors this weekend, if they work I'll have a spare set of non fold mirrors for sale, if they don't I'll have a set of powerfold ones for sale. The if isn't doubting Nathan's ability with the software it's if the wiring loom is in place. Will be the mirror body as the covers stay on mine, but I won't be chartging a fortune for them. I have one cover in ink blue that came with a mirror you could prime and paint but I think its drivers side and it's in the garage and I'm not at the moment.

The other place to consider is breakeryard.net especially if you want to go for the power fold ones, put the details in and it goes to scrappies and you get quotes back, may or may not be cheaper than eBay but you can probably get a complete unit in white.

I'm meeting Nathan to hopefully enable powerfold mirrors this weekend, if they work I'll have a spare set of non fold mirrors for sale, if they don't I'll have a set of powerfold ones for sale. The if isn't doubting Nathan's ability with the software it's if the wiring loom is in place. Will be the mirror body as the covers stay on mine, but I won't be chartging a fortune for them. I have one cover in ink blue that came with a mirror you could prime and paint but I think its drivers side and it's in the garage and I'm not at the moment.

The other place to consider is breakeryard.net especially if you want to go for the power fold ones, put the details in and it goes to scrappies and you get quotes back, may or may not be cheaper than Ebay but you can probably get a complete unit in white.

Cheers mate, just enquired at the breakers and waiting for a quote.

Let me know how it goes with Nathan! and good luck!

Wing mirrors on eBay are around £50. There may be one in your colour. If not painted caps are around £20-30.

It's fairly straight forward to install yourself if you have the tools (T20 screwdriver for door panel, can't remember what size the nut is on the mirror - will find out for you)

As the the ambient lighting - if the bulb holders aren't already in place you'll need to wire it in yourself. Afraid I'm not experienced with electrics so I'll leave that to someone else!

Cheers for the reply mate, and again for the post on ZSOC!

Has anyone got any info on the ambient lighting?

I'm sure I once saw a guide on how to install if the wiring isn't in place, but I can't seem to find it :blink:

These seem to be the cheapest. They rang me immediately after entering my details on Breakersyard.com.

Anyone had any experience with them?

I looked at them but they were more pricey than others when I was looking for mirrors. You don't say how much they are, but my powerfolds were £50 each one with a cover, one without. WMM wanted £99 per mirror.

Breakeryard can be hit and miss, try again tommorow and you may get different results, also you may be better buying the thing as a mirror without cover and an approriate cover than buying them together, fitting them together is a pain but not hard (just patience in the allignment).

And you need a 12mm socket to remove the wind mirror bolt, as Nathan mentioned above.

I looked at them but they were more pricey than others when I was looking for mirrors. You don't say how much they are, but my powerfolds were £50 each one with a cover, one without. WMM wanted £99 per mirror.

Breakeryard can be hit and miss, try again tommorow and you may get different results, also you may be better buying the thing as a mirror without cover and an approriate cover than buying them together, fitting them together is a pain but not hard (just patience in the allignment).

And you need a 12mm socket to remove the wind mirror bolt, as Nathan mentioned above.

They've quoted me £96.70 for the full unit (including painting, VAT and delivery). This is for a regular unit (not powerfolding).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club