Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Setups

ChrisH

has anyone tried comparing the different steering setups on the mk2 focus. There are Standard, Sport and Comfort. I was a bit bored yesterday, so changed from Sport to Comfort, but to be honest I didnt really notice anything radically different.... I was expecting much lighter steering.

Has anyone else played with these settings, and found any difference. Gone back to sport now, as it was...

The settings just alter the servo assist on the steering, I do notice a slight difference especially at low speed.

BTW, I tend to leave mine on sport setting too.

When I got my car it was on comfort , so I changed to standard , think I noticed a little difference , I may try sport today.

Sport setting makes the steering heavier for low speed turning but more stable at higher speed.

The steering setting do make a noticeable difference. When the car is stopped or at low speed such as parking the settings do not apply. The settings only apply over a set speed (can't remember what) I'm sure it is in the handbook somewhere.

Go for a drive along a twisty B road with the steering set to comfort and then do the same with it set to sport - you will notice the difference. :)

Can this be changed on the 2010 titanium model? Ive seen it talked about but never looked into how you actually do it.

Can this be changed on the 2010 titanium model? Ive seen it talked about but never looked into how you actually do it.

Not if your car is a 1.6 petrol as it's not in the menu

Thanks for replys. Will try a trip down a twisty B road, see if I notice a difference

i notice a difference between sport and comfort when im parking the car in the garage. i have to do a 90 degree turn in a basement parking area, and the steering is alot lighter in comfort mode.

• 1 year later...

Stumbled across this setting last week when flicking through the dashboard menu - didn't even know it was there.

Mine (1.8TDCi Titanium) is set to 'Sport' and generally feels ok for me.

Did wonder if it was literally a steering setting, or did more than that, but reading around, seems it is just weight of steering it adjusts.

Which cars have this setting? Thought it might have been part of the Titanium Sports Pack, which I think mine may have (it has the 18" alloys).

has anyone tried comparing the different steering setups on the mk2 focus. There are Standard, Sport and Comfort. I was a bit bored yesterday, so changed from Sport to Comfort, but to be honest I didnt really notice anything radically different.... I was expecting much lighter steering.

Has anyone else played with these settings, and found any difference. Gone back to sport now, as it was...

Stumbled across this setting last week when flicking through the dashboard menu - didn't even know it was there.

Mine (1.8TDCi Titanium) is set to 'Sport' and generally feels ok for me.

Did wonder if it was literally a steering setting, or did more than that, but reading around, seems it is just weight of steering it adjusts.

Which cars have this setting? Thought it might have been part of the Titanium Sports Pack, which I think mine may have (it has the 18" alloys).

It,s not only on the sport, I have it on my 2009 1.8 petrol Titanium, it only effects the steering but it is difficult to detect any difference between the 3 settings.

• 2 years later...

And there's me thinking its just a gimick and in my head I only think there is a change lol

I definitely noticed the difference on my Mk2 Focus, the difference between steering was one fingered control for comfort, and a fist grip for sport.

There is a huge difference... Fast corners on comfort setting are terrifying haha! :lol:

Sport is a bit heavy for town and parking though so I tend to leave it standard as a compromise lol.

• Like 1

I've found Comfort for urban gridlock to gridlock driving and Sport for rural open road/motorway driving. :) Standard can be used like Tom said, as a compromise

Although, I have to say, when I first got the Focus, I couldn't see a great deal of difference, driving around the neighbourhood. Until, I specifically went out to drive a reasonable route in each setting - then it was obvious :)

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Edited by Alex09
Sorted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club