Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Quality Paint?

Victorthevan

2012 Focus TitaniumX - panther black metallic

Have just washed the car for the first time and have noticed streaks which come from the washer nozzles that run down the bonnet, as if the washer fluid has marked and eaten into the paint. It's from both nozzles and there's a couple of streaks from each that go across the bonnet as if fluid has fallen by gravity, so it's definately washer fluid. There's also general marking around the nozzles. It's a short of blue-ish colour.

I've not touched the washer fluid so it's as supplied by Ford.

Is the paint that rubbish that it can be damaged by washer fluid? If so it's going back to the dealer...

This is a NO BRAINER. Take car to dealers and get them to sort it out. That is totally unacceptable and I would be there now with my big hands round their throats.

yes I agree but I was utterly surprised when I saw it, wondered if Ford were now painting their cars with crayons

Must admit mine has solid paint and it comes off very easily. I always preferred the metallic.

The washer fluid always leaves a mark on the bonnet, but it should wash of with water.

Not always you will get rid of the marks with the water, unfo very often polish is required. Looks like Ford did not take the lesson and it is just the same as in mk2 and mk2.5. I was shocked when I washed the car for the first time. Never experienced such marks in any car. I was sick of it and found the solution on the internet - cheap, easy DIY and no more marks on the bonnet. Of course in case of new car you should take it to the dealer, but all they will do is polish the marks and advise to use genuine Ford washer fluid.

All the info is here (post #8):

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/30877-mist-washer-jets/page__p__168705__hl__valve__fromsearch__1#entry168705

Another problem with the modern water based paint is bird poo, if it is not removed quickly it leaves a permanent stain, most noticeable on dark colours; bit of a nightmare when returning from holiday to find that the poo has been on the car for 2 weeks. :(

And that's why I always apply protection,dodo juice red mist is good as it only takes 10 mins to do the whole car and is great or giving your paint that extra barrier.

Another problem with the modern water based paint is bird poo, if it is not removed quickly it leaves a permanent stain, most noticeable on dark colours; bit of a nightmare when returning from holiday to find that the poo has been on the car for 2 weeks. :(

Yes I noticed a !Removed! mark the size of half 10p on mine on the roof on my third wash, its only visible if you look at certain angles I've tried polish it and it's has slightly lighted it. Its a shame I didn't notice it on delivery day I couldn't return to fords after 3 weeks. :(

And that's why I always apply protection,dodo juice red mist is good as it only takes 10 mins to do the whole car and is great or giving your paint that extra barrier.

Red mist is that like the thing ford try and sell you paint shield except they want £399?

Yes I noticed a !Removed! mark the size of half 10p on mine on the roof on my third wash, its only visible if you look at certain angles I've tried polish it and it's has slightly lighted it. Its a shame I didn't notice it on delivery day I couldn't return to fords after 3 weeks. :(

Those poo marks depend on how the light catches the paint, they look worse in sunlight, there doesn't seem to be any way of removing them unfortunately. :(

Bird !Removed! is caused when on a hot day the Laquer expands and traps the poo when it cools in the pours of the laquer or paint

Bird !Removed! is caused when on a hot day the Laquer expands and traps the poo when it cools in the pours of the laquer or paint

Yes I had read that on the Autoglym site. :huh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club