Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 centre stack blanking panel

Maverick

Hi,

Has anyone removed the silver coloured centre stack blanking panel on a new Mk7 Fiesta ?. It sits just above the heater controls and just below the radio. It's a silver rectangular shape and kind of looks like it might be an ash tray or a little 'cubby' box, but infact its just a blanking panel and doesnt have any function.

I was wondering if anyone had removed it and knew what was behind it. The reason I ask is that some manufacturers, most notably Volkswagen, offer the same car in different configurations in different countries - for example what is a blanking panel in one country will be an ash tray in another.

So I was wondering if the blanking panel in the UK might be replaced by something else (say an ash tray) in mainlain Europe for example. If so, then it should be possible to buy the ash tray, or whatever, and retro fit it. This would be a really cool addition to a UK car. Does anyone know ?. Either way I'm going to have a talk with my local Ford parts guy sometime soon.

Another example is the sunglassess holder. If you look in the hand book for the new MK7 it shows a sun glasses holder fitted into the head lining just aft of the courtesy light. The sun glassess holder is not available on the UK car though. It is possible to buy the part from ford, although you would need to replace the head lining as well.

Thanks

Maverick

There is a smoker pack that is an optional extra which could add an ask tray maybe?

Hi Nipz

Thanks. Thats a good idea !. I will ask my Ford dealer in the week.

Incidently, you can buy a round flip top ash tray from FORD that fits snuggly in the centre console cup holders. It makes a good coin or trinket box. If anyone needs the part number please let me know. Alternatively check out ALLEN FORD'S web site - they sell them mail order there.

Thanks

Maverick

I just looked looked on the website and cant find it. im 100% sure there is such a thing so would be interested to find out.

Can you link me to that tray you were on about? Always have lose change!

• 4 months later...
Hi,

Has anyone removed the silver coloured centre stack blanking panel on a new Mk7 Fiesta ?. It sits just above the heater controls and just below the radio. It's a silver rectangular shape and kind of looks like it might be an ash tray or a little 'cubby' box, but infact its just a blanking panel and doesnt have any function.

I was wondering if anyone had removed it and knew what was behind it. The reason I ask is that some manufacturers, most notably Volkswagen, offer the same car in different configurations in different countries - for example what is a blanking panel in one country will be an ash tray in another.

So I was wondering if the blanking panel in the UK might be replaced by something else (say an ash tray) in mainlain Europe for example. If so, then it should be possible to buy the ash tray, or whatever, and retro fit it. This would be a really cool addition to a UK car. Does anyone know ?. Either way I'm going to have a talk with my local Ford parts guy sometime soon.

Another example is the sunglassess holder. If you look in the hand book for the new MK7 it shows a sun glasses holder fitted into the head lining just aft of the courtesy light. The sun glassess holder is not available on the UK car though. It is possible to buy the part from ford, although you would need to replace the head lining as well.

Thanks

Maverick

Ford had designed the panel to be a drawer that would slide open but once the Stereo and Heater Controls were fitted they realised it would be too small to be of any use so blanked it off. There was a bit in Autocar about it a few months ago

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club